It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

41 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

So that leaves... Eteri, Raf, and Orser summer camps, if he's really not going to Ouriashev.

I would hope Brian would not even consider creating another Mao Yuna situation there..

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I sure hope it's not. Try and picture Shoma doing a Daniil choreo to one of those hideous music cuts. :crazyshit:

I mean, sure his programs could use more transitions. And it’s not like he doesn’t already skate to warhorses. But the whole idea of Shoma, who probably speaks less English than Yuzu, uprooting to Russia and training there....I still can’t wrap my mind around it.

i guess he might want to benefit from a controlled, ultra competitive environment. But there’s no top male skater there (Morisi for all his improvements is not at that level). Would training alongside Alina and the 3As provide that push? 

I hope Shoma ends up in a place that’s good for him and takes his skating to the next level. I loved his senior debut programs, but since Loco, all his programs have looked the same. It’s a gutsy move and I wish him all the best

6 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

Would training alongside Alina and the 3As provide that push? 

My mind was thinking of 3A the jump (which made me :judgmental:, besides, success rate wise, Shoma is the second most successful 3A jumper after Yuzu, why the need to train 3A again? Did I miss something??) ...until I realized that it referred to Anna-Alena-Alexandra... :xD:

I am still going slightly mad this off season after all :rofl2: 

:emot-11tea::animated-smileys-disguised-062::tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw::party2:

I wanted to add (since I forgot) that someone like Eteri would avoid layouts wasting points and dubious strategic choices like doing 4T 4T2T without using the bonus (iirc Shoma lost quite a few points with +rep, at least some of those +rep could have been avoided)

Btw I would still be surprised if the move to Eteri turned out to be more than a wild guess and funny speculation, since she's already going to have her hands full with 3 ladies debuting as seniors + 2 more senior ladies + new jr ladies and Samsonov too (is Artur Danielan with Eteri?) + Morisi...(and what is Erokhov doing? Is he still there too? ETA: his wiki lists Eteri as coach)

Shoma with Eteri seems to be like a fish out of water... just, his body already has issues and her training method is known to be pounding away at those jumps... Eteri has had a lot of success so i won't judge her system, I just wonder how physically he might hold up under that... if it's true, though, I"ll be :popcorn: and wish everyone the best of luck.

It sounds like he might stay in Japan at his own rink and train remotely. Essentially what Nathan and Raf are doing, and what Yuzu has done with Brian at times. I can't really wrap my mind around Shoma actually physically moving to Sambo. Training independently at home with a different eye on him and a different choreo team, I can see.