It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

According to japanese fans, Shoma said at PIW he would try out at 3 camps in June and he wont go to Alex this summer. There's not alot options as most top coaching team are crowed. Actually Mishin would be a very interesting choice

I don't think it's an NA coach. 

If it were Raf, well Raf's been quieter than normal about this type of news. Same applies to Tom Z, though I think he'd keep more quiet than Raf. As for North America in general, can you imagine TSL not leaking rumors about this?

No, given the trends and how J*ck G reported of a JPN skater going to Eteri, I think it's likely Eteri's team. It creates the least amount of conflicts as she doesn't have a jnr boy to focus on (which Raf has), nor a top Snr man (Tom Z).  I'd be a bit surprised too if it's Lambiel, though it would be kinder than Eteri. But just for sheer drama value alone, I'd guess Eteri. 

I actually thought about Lambiel first (if he really goes to foreign couch) but I doubt it would do him much good hmm. But he would have Japanese mates there at least...

I'm pretty sure the couch won't be Brian as he has enough star skaters to focus for now, maybe someone else at TCC... (but unlikely). Eteri or Raf also sound sooo weird. I don't know, still think he most likely will stay in Japan. But who knows...

2 hours ago, river said:

I think Tom Z is more likely than I'd prefer. For all that Vincent's jumps still have issues, they aren't getting called, so... competitively, that's what matters.

....would that tOMz effect transfer on foreign skaters though? :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: LOL nvm

I thought of the Florida team,  (James/Cipres, Aymoz & co.) Zimmerman wasn't it? True that he's not exactly considered as a top coach at this moment, but seeing how Kevin developed under him, I think he can be considered as one possibility of coaches based in North America for Shoma (might be one of the best for him even, especially compared to...)

Mishin could be good for him technically speaking (on jumps), but then he'd just skate with even more crossovers, and I don't exactly look forward to that :emot-11tea: 

I couldn't see what other NA coaches (Gambill, Kori Ade and... I might missed others, oh well...) can offer to Shoma that are different (ie. advantageous) from what was already offered by his old coaches, so I don't really consider them though I kinda prefer Shoma goes to Kori rather than Raf, emotionally speaking? But then again I really don't know how Kori can help Shoma develop further :/

Anyhow I wish he is well-matched with his new coach, whoever that might be...

8 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

We could do a whole TV series out of this honestly. 

...and Adam will serve out all the tea 😏🍵

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Imagine if Shoma does go to Eteri and Eteri tells Shoma no more pizza. 

...the schadenfreude I got from this post...:rofl2:sorry Shoma but I just...

Anyhow, speaking of coaches, may I remind you all with Kevin Aymoz's coach? It's true that he is not exactly what one might consider as *the* top coach, but considering how Kevin developed, and how the skating philosophy is like (as manifested in Kevin's programs last season (you know, programs with proper skating skills and transitions etc.)), he might be a good match for Shoma. I know it's a long shot, but hey, who knows...:shrug:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

I don't think it's an NA coach. 

If it were Raf, well Raf's been quieter than normal about this type of news. Same applies to Tom Z, though I think he'd keep more quiet than Raf. As for North America in general, can you imagine TSL not leaking rumors about this?

No, given the trends and how J*ck G reported of a JPN skater going to Eteri, I think it's likely Eteri's team. It creates the least amount of conflicts as she doesn't have a jnr boy to focus on (which Raf has), nor a top Snr man (Tom Z).  I'd be a bit surprised too if it's Lambiel, though it would be kinder than Eteri. But just for sheer drama value alone, I'd guess Eteri. 

But Eteri has 5 top of the top senior ladies now. Would it be smart to take anyone?

If anybody from Russia, Mishin is imo the most possible. And he has camp training soon too.

17 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I am 80% convinced he's staying in Japan because of the language barrier. I am worried going overseas might mess up with him a little too much. But maybe I don't know him at all! 

The first reports made it sound like Shoma would be "shopping" for coaches overseas, but he might indeed just do the camps and remain in Japan afterwards. I see the language as a pretty big barrier too. 

I’m just here to say that I am SHOOK by the Shoma news and I couldn’t see that coming at all??? I wish him the best tho!! He needed a change imho and this season it became more obvious than ever so I’m happy he was proactive about it

12 minutes ago, anski said:

I’m just here to say that I am SHOOK by the Shoma news and I couldn’t see that coming at all??? I wish him the best tho!! He needed a change imho and this season it became more obvious than ever so I’m happy he was proactive about it

My jaw just hit the floor:omg: