It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

I dont think its a bad move, mainly because Gogolev is too young to predict if he would do better with TCC/ Lee. He has ok spin and SS for his age, but not stellar and questionable toe jump technique. Raf has biggest reputation and no top junior atm

Be ready with all "omg he improved so much" from US media and skaters next season. It will be fun in Oly season as well. 

I think Raf can fix technique, like Kwan's Flutz, or Asada's toe axel, who were both very hard working with great work ethic, but certain other skaters did have the terrible toeloops TM and failed to fix it for a variety of reasons I'm sure, so fingers crossed for Gogo.

As for programs, it's too early to say with Gogolev. I don't agree that he already has a "style", he's just 14, and Raf's school has programs that present the skaters well to the judges if nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow i never thought he would leave Yamada/Mihoko. The article said the coach will be decided after oversea tranining camp. Isn't Eteri's camp start soon ?

The timing is abit odd. Normally most coaching changes are finalized at this time of off season.

Shoma has not announced the final destination.  The article seems to suggest that he will be going for his summer overseas training camp this month (in the US?) and will be looking around before making his final decision.  

Huh. Wonder where. Is... this the rumoured Eteri coaching change?

(I am guessing he will be moving to a US camp. I think TSL wanted him to work with Benji Schwimmer as a choreographer, and now I wonder if it was because someone leaked Uno's talks with a coach there)

I very highly doubt Uno has anything to gain with Eteri, and that he would in anyway let Gallagher leak that out. I am assuming the world podium miss and failed attempts at 4Lz made him less complacent, and made him want a change. I am guessing a US coach.

If he DOES go to Eteri, then lol.

Umm.... wasn't there a rumour about a Japanese skater going to Tutberidze?  I hope this isn't it, I just can't see it at all, but we will definitely need to stock up on popcorn both for the next year and looking to 2022...