It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

I'm just gonna say my 2 cents about Tarakanova and Plushenko's comments because my opinion differs from others I've read here to maybe it could be useful for some. I obviously agree that Plushenko is tactless to say kindly, and childish to share probably private things about one of his students. But I think that what he shared should not be ignored, it should be taken seriously. Tarakanova has a history of eating disorder. Now we know through her coach (doesn't matter that she might deny it) that her mood is very unstable to say the least while she's training. Since she is young, her parents still have the responsability to decide how to help her the best, and to me it is obvious that this girl needs mental help because it seems that she feels a lot of internal pressure that she manages in disfunctional ways. You may say this about every teenager, but everyone is different and some people are more fragile than others, and this is perfectly normal. In Russia, as in most countries, there is a taboo regarding seeking mental help, so I don't think that no one will do anything. But I think it's superficial to just say "Oh, Plushenko is mean and undelicate, and Tarakanova is a mature, dignified teenager that did a good thing by changing coach". The situation seems more complicated in my eye. 

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm just gonna say my 2 cents about Tarakanova and Plushenko's comments because my opinion differs from others I've read here to maybe it could be useful for some. I obviously agree that Plushenko is tactless to say kindly, and childish to share probably private things about one of his students. But I think that what he shared should not be ignored, it should be taken seriously. Tarakanova has a history of eating disorder. Now we know through her coach (doesn't matter that she might deny it) that her mood is very unstable to say the least while she's training. Since she is young, her parents still have the responsability to decide how to help her the best, and to me it is obvious that this girl needs mental help because it seems that she feels a lot of internal pressure that she manages in disfunctional ways. You may say this about every teenager, but everyone is different and some people are more fragile than others, and this is perfectly normal. In Russia, as in most countries, there is a taboo regarding seeking mental help, so I don't think that no one will do anything. But I think it's superficial to just say "Oh, Plushenko is mean and undelicate, and Tarakanova is a mature, dignified teenager that did a good thing by changing coach". The situation seems more complicated in my eye. 

So you believe in Plush words that Anastasia is "hysterical", but not in Anastasia words that Plush is exaggerating and whole transfer happened peacefully?
Did you wonder why Tarakanova left Plush with (according to her) little on-ice training and switched to Panova with (also according to her) little on-ice training?

Imo Anastasia doesn't need any mental help. She needs a coach who cares about her. Who will sit with her in K&C. Who will have patience to her when training doesn't go well (remember, she is teenager - of course that she will be frustrated and angry when she tries and tries and tries but still isn't able to land something). Not someone who posts videos of her combos in harness on instagram.

40 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Most everyone can benefit with some form of help or another. So I wouldn't say that so quickly either.

But I don't think that's what she needs now (or needs at all). She left Eteri because iirc training environment (not sure, a lot of girls left last season but I think all of them mentioned the same). Now she is leaving Plush because her training frustrates her. Don't you think it's too little reason for a change to a coach who won't give her much more training? Maybe not Anastasia's frustration is a problem but why she is frustrated?

18 hours ago, Paskud said:

But I don't think that's what she needs now (or needs at all). She left Eteri because iirc training environment (not sure, a lot of girls left last season but I think all of them mentioned the same). Now she is leaving Plush because her training frustrates her. Don't you think it's too little reason for a change to a coach who won't give her much more training? Maybe not Anastasia's frustration is a problem but why she is frustrated?

With a history of eating disorder tbh it's a miracle that she is able to skate at all. I guess that mental health is my area of 'expertise' or interest so to speak so that is my priority. Of course, a good skating coach would not hurt her at all. But the inability to adapt to harsh environments and situation, or better, not being able to cope with it well (thus changing coaches frequently) is an indication of a fragile and unstable internal emotional situation. Maybe these words seem big to you and you think I am exaggerating and thinking Tarakanova should be hospitalized but I don't think that at all. I don't want you to misunderstand. I'm not calling her crazy. I am saying that she is full of signs of mental instability, but I would say the same about many many athletes, I would also say the same for Eteri (which has a whole different diagnosis lol) and maybe also Plushenko. So I am not taking the side of anyone really. I was just doing a deeper discussion regarding the mental side of the issue. 

Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov are going to train with Marina Zoueva and Nina Mozer. Don’t ask me how it’s going to work. 

https://fsrussia.ru/news/4383-evgeniya-tarasova-vladimir-morozov-budet-trenirovatsya-pod-rukovodstvom-mariny-zuevoj-i-niny-mozer.html

ETA: they plan to move to the US to train with Zoueva, and Mozer is going to pay visits to train them. I wonder where the money comes from... 

I am looking forward to the next season for T/M... I haven't loved everything marina has done over the years, but she certainly worked wonders with G/G, D/W and early versions of V/M. I hope she can bring out the best in a team that has all the talent you could ever want, but lacks engaging packaging...

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wonder who he'll take with him.

oh, this is unexpected. Who is Gabby going to be left with? Is she going to skate at all? And what about Gogolev?