It's that time of the year - coaching changes 2019/2020

I don't know much about Russian coaches, but I think Panova hesitates to take Anastasia back because she doesn't have resources to train her, right? That's why Anastasia some time ago (and now Alena) left her. At least partly because of that. That's why sooner or later Ksenia and other girls will do the same.

In spoiler part of interview (from 2017/18) with Anastasia about her time with Panova,

Spoiler

But I'm glad Anastasia left Plush. No more unnecessary attempts in harness. But where she has to go now?

I feel so sad for her. Plush should have respected her privacy, be a decent human being and not portray her as an emotional wreck. She’s a child. If you’re a coach and you have a student crying and having what looks like panic attacks that often you should maybe ask yourself if there’s something you could do instead of putting all the blame in your student.

I hope media will be kind to Nastya after that statement because that's very gracious without being a doormat and letting herself being trampled all over. And it's obviously nonsense that Nastya was too weak to try quads or whatever considering we've seen her attempt 4T during practice before competitions and she went for it without hesitation and did not cry or anything. Not that it would be any sign of weakness if she did feel fear and cry about it. Just that implying Nastya was too afraid to try bigger jumps is obviously not true, not always. Maybe, just maybe, helping young students over that barrier and giving them confidence to try jumps while making them feel (and be) as safe as possible is in fact the coach's job! 

Just more reason for me to dislike Plush. I am not a fan of his (sorry Yuzu) and reading his comments only reinforces that opinion. Someone with his level of influence shouldn't publicly label someone, especially when they are young and vulnerable... even if it is well known how emotional she is.

So many coaches/countries would love to have a talent like her and would work to find a way to bring out her best and give her confidence... but if you're really busy and have your own stuff going on, I guess the patience and nurturing isn't there...

RE: Tarakanova

Sad that the split happened like this - and why can't the supposed adult behave professionally? :/ Plushenko sounds like the only one throwing a tantrum... 

Well, Nastya's reply makes me admire her even more. Respectful but not cowed.

I hope she can find a suitable training environment... after jr Nats she probably felt very disappointed in herself, and after Plushenko's comment I was very very worried, but now I'm hopeful, in her message it sounds like she isn't giving up at all, she still wants to keep going and as a fan it makes me selfishly happy:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Crossing everything for her :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

On 4/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, kaeryth said:

My poor Nastya... She's just 15. Please... I want just want her to be happy :13877886:

Me too:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

Looks like Camden Pulkinen has left Tom Z, which I think is a good move. I always thought it was so weird that Tom would be posting videos on instagram of Camden working on the 4A in a harness and talking about his "4A journey" when he doesn't even have a reliable and stable 4T or 4S yet.