IceWings

2019 Skate Canada - Tickets and Discussion!

On 8/24/2019 at 8:17 AM, makebelieveup said:

Selling: 2019 Skate Canada All Event Ticket Section 111 Row S and Seat 5

DISCOUNTED PRICE! $225 CAD $100 USD

Were you able to sell?

[SOLD]

2x Saturday afternoon event tickets (men’s and pair’s free program and VC. Includes access to Saturday morning practice)

Section 105 row M (row 12)

(Middle of the row so it’s right at the center of the short side)

Selling at discounted price of $50CAD

Please dm if you are interested!

Selling Skate Canada 209 All Event Ticket

Session 113, Row P, seat 26

near Kiss & Cry on the short side

please msg me if you are interested 

On 9/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Charlie said:

I have two all event tickets for Skate Canada. 

Is everyone flying into Kelowna or traveling from Vancouver? 

Charlie - what sec and row are the tickets you have? (I am looking for only one.) Once I have a ticket, I will figure out transportation, though may drive from Vancouver just because the flights are so crazy expensive.

25 minutes ago, barbara said:

Charlie - what sec and row are the tickets you have? (I am looking for only one.) Once I have a ticket, I will figure out transportation, though may drive from Vancouver just because the flights are so crazy expensive.

It's section 112 row M. 

Do you live in Vancouver or are you traveling there and then to Kelowna? 

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

It's section 112 row M. 

Do you live in Vancouver or are you traveling there and then to Kelowna? 

I live in Arizona so will be traveling, which is why I want to secure a ticket, though I am still waiting to hear from an ACI friend who was waiting to har from a friend of hers who has first refusal rights on her spare ticket....I can't commit to this ticket but will keep it in mind.  Thanks

Hi everyone. My friend is thinking of going but doesn't want to sit alone, so if anyone have/see a pair of all event tickets in decent seats (first time rows or so). Please let me know. Or if someone with a pair of tickets but the other person isn't going anymore, I'll exchange/sell my own seats if I can get her to go. My seats are 106 Row E

She decided not to come after all. :(

Random question: Does anyone know how people create the little 2"X 3 1/2" plastic Instagram cards that are given (and gratefully received) by fans at skating events?  I've been given a couple of these and would love to know how to produce them.

8 hours ago, LittleLottie1881 said:

Can someone remind me what the official hotel for the event is again? I doubt there's any rooms left but it doesn't hurt to check.

There are 3 - one for athletes, one for officials, and one for media (I think?). The info is in a downloadable .pdf on the Skate Canada site... but I can't recall the names of them. 

Just want to remind everyone to check out Westjet as well as Air Canada when looking for flights...they might be a little cheaper. 

Do they have gift boxes for the skaters here as well or is it just throwing things on the ice.  I'm thinking of getting something that might not survive the landing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HQDJS5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1M9M3KSJ8QOAQ&psc=1

When I saw it I thought it was so representative of Yuzu

Also, does it make sense to show up early for practice or are are you supposed to stay in your assigned seat even then?

On 9/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

Do they have gift boxes for the skaters here as well or is it just throwing things on the ice.  I'm thinking of getting something that might not survive the landing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HQDJS5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1M9M3KSJ8QOAQ&psc=1

When I saw it I thought it was so representative of Yuzu

Also, does it make sense to show up early for practice or are are you supposed to stay in your assigned seat even then?

Depends on the crowd. Last year at SCI, the arena was only half full so people did move around for practices. Not sure what it'll be like this year, there was no Yuzu at SCI last year.

I have booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo an 8 minute walk from the rink (from the 23rd to the 27th as I am flying out that evening..) - now I'd love to find someone to share it and the cost (total individual cost would be about $320 USD/$451CAD so $85USD/$113CAD a night). A really nice location.  Anyone interested???