Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

@Veveco awesome! Thanks for putting together this post! I also agree with everyone else that it might be better that this book project is planethanyu based. From past experiences, I think when a project gets too large it is very hard to organize. However, the donation project can be organized by Planet but advertised to a wider audience like twitter and tumblr. I think we can come up with a duration where we can all donate at the same period. Of course anyone can donate at their own discretion after that, but having a set time where we all donate will appear more community driven and thus, promote more participations. 

Back to the book project

I like the idea of assembling the quotes from public figures for Yuzu, especially from those who mean a lot to him. I have a lot of them and I think we can also put translations of commentaries for Yuzu. I am not sure if he watches all of his own performances in different commentaries so maybe we can do this? I am not the most organized person but I can help with whoever is taking the lead on section.

@4Nessie

Should we have a poll to vote for either playground or ice rink? It seems like we have not been able to decide on this. I think it makes sense to donate to the playground since like someone already mentioned that the ice rink already has a good amount of donation from Yuzu himself. But if we can decide on this now through a poll it would be more clear cut.

@Veveco we all love your ideas! Since you are taking the lead on this, would you mind maybe lay out the possible steps? I see that you already did in your summary but maybe a step by step plan can help us know exactly where to get started? Also, should we have a timeline and deadline for each task? We can also direct message our members to see if they agree on handling each assignment i.e. @kaeryth and me can organize the quotes/commentaries. We can delegate to members who are willing so that no one is doing everything :)

25 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Should we have a poll to vote for either playground or ice rink? It seems like we have not been able to decide on this. I think it makes sense to donate to the playground since like someone already mentioned that the ice rink already has a good amount of donation from Yuzu himself. But if we can decide on this now through a poll it would be more clear cut.

I think a poll would be the best option. And if we decide to vote only for these two options, we will come up with a clear result soon, I hope.

Where do you think, we should do the poll? I don't know, how many people follow this thread, so maybe we should advertise it a bit in the General thread and then do the poll? 

Edit: Do we need to decide on the best payment approach first, or just introduce the options and then work on the process?

2 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I think a poll would be the best option. And if we decide to vote only for these two options, we will come up with a clear result soon, I hope.

Where do you think, we should do the poll? I don't know, how many people follow this thread, so maybe we should advertise it a bit in the General thread and then do the poll? 

Yeah are you able to edit the first post and add a poll? We can advertise it in the yuzu thread? Make it 2 days? What do you think?

10 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Yeah are you able to edit the first post and add a poll? We can advertise it in the yuzu thread? Make it 2 days? What do you think?

I will look into it, but I think, the poll has to be created as a new topic.

Edit:

So, I can create the poll, probably tomorrow. Just tell me, if I should create a new topic, or change this one. I would probably prefer to create a separate thread for the poll, so this one won't become flooded with donation discussions only. What dou you all think?

And everyone agree with two options - Sendai ice rink / Playgrounds ?

I'll throw in the idea but.... Why not offer both options? Let everyone decide where they want to send money to? Just a thought. I do think though that we need to find out the payment method before promoting the chosen cause. 

Alright, I'll start preparing the Gmail & fan form then. I'll try to come back tomorrow some time with a first draft that we can review. I'm hoping that by the end of next week we can come up with a template we all agree with and start sharing the form with all satellites. 

@makebelieveup I think the next step would be to see how we reorganize the different sections if we want to keep this project planet-centric. Then we can "assign" people to the various tasks. But... not tonight for me :sleepy:

I think that contacting the organisation we want to donate to and explaining the idea so that they can help set up a way for all of us to donate as one would be helpful. Maybe one of our Japanese satellites would be willing to talk to them and set this up so that we can share the method later with anyone who wishes to donate. We do need to have an easy to use method that supports international payments.

Hey, everyone! Here is a first draft of the form that we want to send. 

The link to download is the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovXrNrzCqzfi8uFNpM7WpWou5ZmjHD2-/view?usp=sharing

A few notes:

1) I protected the doc (except where you can give answers). You need to download the doc first, the form doesn't work if you open it on Google drive directly.

2) I added some new questions to the poll part. If you have any idea of other question we could ask, I'm all ears!

3) For the favorite programs, I only included his competitive senior programs. For the costumes, I added a few of his most well-known exhibition programs. Do you think I should include more? Personally, I feel that it's a pretty big range of choices already. I also considered whether I should separate SP and FP, but it seems a bit repetitive that way... :/

4) As a non native speaker, I'm always a bit self-conscious about writing in English, so if there's any glaring mistake, please tell me :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

5) The layout is pretty basic right now. Is this good or do we want something fancier?

7) Feedback in general is always welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

On 4/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, Veveco said:

Hey, everyone! Here is a first draft of the form that we want to send. 

The link to download is the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovXrNrzCqzfi8uFNpM7WpWou5ZmjHD2-/view?usp=sharing

A few notes:

1) I protected the doc (except where you can give answers). You need to download the doc first, the form doesn't work if you open it on Google drive directly.

2) I added some new questions to the poll part. If you have any idea of other question we could ask, I'm all ears!

3) For the favorite programs, I only included his competitive senior programs. For the costumes, I added a few of his most well-known exhibition programs. Do you think I should include more? Personally, I feel that it's a pretty big range of choices already. I also considered whether I should separate SP and FP, but it seems a bit repetitive that way... :/

4) As a non native speaker, I'm always a bit self-conscious about writing in English, so if there's any glaring mistake, please tell me :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

5) The layout is pretty basic right now. Is this good or do we want something fancier?

7) Feedback in general is always welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

"Optional: You may join add a picture if you want to" 

also I think having default options is ok, but Yuzu probably appreciates those who appreciate his lesser known pieces as well? Like if they choose "other", perhaps have a text box that lets them write them which exactly it is? rather than "other" category that doesn't really show what it is. 

also people probably have a few that they like, i was thinking about having 1, 2, 3 rankings and compiling the scores, that kind of thing (like 1 will have 3 points, so in the end whichever piece that has most points), but probably too much effort. i think that will show a more accurate picture of preference but yea.  

should we invite well known fan artist like runrun to share their art as well? theres a list of well known yuzu artists who are very good and it seems a bit of waste for their work not to be shared. or allow sharing of their art as long as it is credited - ie. provides a link to the original post. 

@Salior Thanks for the feedback! :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, Salior said:

also I think having default options is ok, but Yuzu probably appreciates those who appreciate his lesser known pieces as well? Like if they choose "other", perhaps have a text box that lets them write them which exactly it is? rather than "other" category that doesn't really show what it is. 

also people probably have a few that they like, i was thinking about having 1, 2, 3 rankings and compiling the scores, that kind of thing (like 1 will have 3 points, so in the end whichever piece that has most points), but probably too much effort. i think that will show a more accurate picture of preference but yea. 

I considered that at first. My main issue is having data in a format that is easy to analyse at the end of the day, which is why I went for preselected options. With an open text box, I'll have to manually re-enter everything (if people spell the name of a program differently for instance, or shorten it, it will mess up everything so I would need to check each text box answer). Although, admittedly, it will probably be a rather small percentage of answers since I covered the most popular programs already so maybe it won't add that much work in reality? Hmm.... :scratch3:

Having 1-2-3 choices, however, is a very easy change.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, Salior said:

should we invite well known fan artist like runrun to share their art as well? theres a list of well known yuzu artists who are very good and it seems a bit of waste for their work not to be shared. or allow sharing of their art as long as it is credited - ie. provides a link to the original post. 

Well, it's a bit of a conundrum for me because on one hand this idea seems pretty popular (and I agree that they are amazing artists!), on the other hand everybody who gave feedback on my original "strategy" said that they wanted the project to be "planet-centric". For me that means not inviting other artists. It'd be a bit strange if everything is PH only, and then "random" other artists appear on another page? It's still open to debate though.

I'll make a few changes on the form and we can start advertising it. Should I start a new topic to promote the fan poll? So people don't have to dig into this thread to find the final instructions? Meanwhile we can continue to discuss details of the content of the fan book on this one.