Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

2 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi guys, I have been busy as well...:59227c768286a__s: but I also want this to happen. So why don't we split it? Short term and feasible would be the donation, maybe we could try to get it by April 20th done? The photobook would definitely take longer. Should we start with the donation part? :img_21:

That sounds reasonable to me... did we ever decide which foundation we would donate to?

I think the two most important questions with the donation are first, of course, where to donate. And second, what's the best way to go about it? Is there a good way to collect the donations into a fund and then make one big donation to whatever organization we choose? Or, do we donate individually and then come up with a system to track how much everyone donated so that we can announce a total? Many organizations allow donations to be made in someone's name, so this is something to consider. I don't have experience with a group donation scenario exactly like this, but I'm happy to help with researching options.

Sendai ice rink is a good choice. My only concern would be, that it is recieving relatively good amount of funding from Yuzu already. How much money do they need? Wouldn't it be better to choose something smaller, but meaningful as well? For example the playground foundation, or something else?

10 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Sendai ice rink is a good choice. My only concern would be, that it is recieving relatively good amount of funding from Yuzu already. How much money do they need? Wouldn't it be better to choose something smaller, but meaningful as well? For example the playground foundation, or something else?

makes sense, thats fine too!

I'm almost done "summarizing" how we could organize the book project, but my brain is giving up on me and telling me to go to bed *now*. :sleepy:  I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Fair warning, it will be a long post: I'm already at 3 pages of text... :13877886:

For the charity, I checked for Playground of hope (since it seems to be among the more popular choices), they accept wire transfer or credit card only for donations on their website. I expect that it will be similar for other organizations, and I doubt we want to open a bank account just for this if we want to go somewhat fast. And I'm no expert on money transfer, but theoretically, we can also collect the money via paypal and do an international transfer to a japanese bank account but paypal charges ~4%, which is not a great rate :/ Plus currency conversion fee. Maybe the best idea would be to contact directly whichever organisation we decide on. Hopefully, they could tell us what is the best option for them? Or is there any expert on international money transfer around? :14066882:

13 hours ago, Veveco said:

I'm almost done "summarizing" how we could organize the book project, but my brain is giving up on me and telling me to go to bed *now*. :sleepy:  I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Fair warning, it will be a long post: I'm already at 3 pages of text... :13877886:

For the charity, I checked for Playground of hope (since it seems to be among the more popular choices), they accept wire transfer or credit card only for donations on their website. I expect that it will be similar for other organizations, and I doubt we want to open a bank account just for this if we want to go somewhat fast. And I'm no expert on money transfer, but theoretically, we can also collect the money via paypal and do an international transfer to a japanese bank account but paypal charges ~4%, which is not a great rate :/ Plus currency conversion fee. Maybe the best idea would be to contact directly whichever organisation we decide on. Hopefully, they could tell us what is the best option for them? Or is there any expert on international money transfer around? :14066882:

Thank you for helping us taking the lead on this and researching! I'm waiting for your summary. I think rather than collecting the money ourselves, we can just take on the role of an organizer and promote it via blogs and other social media platforms so other yuzu fans can join and directly donate. I think we can reach out to the organization and ask if there is some kind of note we can leave when we donate to show we are from one fandom? Like when we donate, we can put a certain code "Hanyu's pooh" <--- just an example. I think the paypal charges is a pretty high rate, like you mentioned, so it would defeat the purpose of a donation. The only thing is I'm not sure if many countries around the world has credit card. Sorry for my limited knowledge, does anyone here know?

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

I think rather than collecting the money ourselves, we can just take on the role of an organizer and promote it via blogs and other social media platforms so other yuzu fans can join and directly donate. I think we can reach out to the organization and ask if there is some kind of note we can leave when we donate to show we are from one fandom? Like when we donate, we can put a certain code "Hanyu's pooh" <--- just an example.

That... might actually be the easiest, indeed. But, wouldn't we reach a broader target if we "advertise" it at the same time as our book project? I'm just a bit concerned that by rushing the donation time-wise we'll limit the reach (?).

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

The only thing is I'm not sure if many countries around the world has credit card. Sorry for my limited knowledge, does anyone here knows?

I think most countries would have them. There's also wire transfer if needed/preferred.

14 minutes ago, Veveco said:

That... might actually be the easiest, indeed. But, wouldn't we reach a broader target if we "advertise" it at the same time as our book project? I'm just a bit concerned that by rushing the donation time-wise we'll limit the reach (?).

I think most countries would have them. There's also wire transfer if needed/preferred.

yeah sure! We can wait until we finalize both projects and promote them the same time

OK, here is my promised summary / strategy proposal.

One thing that is unclear to me but is very important: is this supposed to be a planet-centric project, or do we want to promote it outside, for instance to the twitter circles? The latter would give a much bigger target, and of course means more work to compile everything. Either way, I hope we could ask for some help from the mods to promote it (here, and maybe on Twitter if we go beyond the planet)?

First, a summary of the content that was sort-of agreed on based on comments from this topic.

Spoiler

·       Statistics on fan demographics. Potential sources: obviously, stats from the planet by @yuzuangel. If we want to go beyond PH, other sources include Twitter (we can easily obtain stats on popular # of feeds), Weibo (huge Yuzu fanbase, if we can get help from a Chinese-speaking satellite), potentially Facebook (?) or Tumblr (?).

Last 2 probably not needed but just in case.

·       If it wasn’t for Yuzu…: Inspired by the PH thread of the same name. This part would be pretty straightforward, get fans to provide what they want to share. Unfortunately, we need to limit the length if we want to include many messages. I’m thinking 250 or 300 characters maybe? (For reference, a tweet is currently 280 max). Best limit to apply can be debated if people think that we should allow longer messages.

·       Fan art/craft: Pictures of any creation related to Yuzu or his programs. The customized plushies come to mind. A short (1 sentence?) explanation could be added (if wanted by the fan but not strictly required). For instance, a date of creation, or “prepared for XYZ competition”. For fanart… mixed opinions. On one hand, it could be uncomfortable for Yuzu to “look at himself”, on the other hand, there are such incredible artists it seems suc a waste to skip it entirely(particularly if we reach out beyond the Planet). One suggestion was to contact some of the “cute fanart” artists (runrun, monji, etc) to see if they'd agree to show some of their work. I guess the debate is still open for the fanart question. (I'm not sure myself)

·       Compilation of quotes from public figures: The research for this can be taken from the Planet thread. It could also include a focus on quotes from young skaters inspired by Yuzu.

·       Humor/meme section: a more light-hearted section with memes of Yuzu/TCC team/Yagudin/etc, or other humoristic content.

·       Short messages: since the overall theme would be “thank you Yuzu”, we could allow anyone to include a small personalized thank you/encouragement message Unfortunately, we'd need to have a character limit as well in order to include many messages. (Also ~300? More?)

Do we still want all of these sections? And what is the final decision on fanart?

Now, my "battle plan". On one hand, I might be overthinking this if it ends up being a relatively small scale project (if we get, idk, less than 50 answers, it's perfectly manageable for just 1 or 2 people to go through the answers in a couple weeks). On the other hand, if we get a lot more answers (particularly if we decide to reach out beyond the planet), we'll need to be super organized so we are not overwhelmed. At this stage I have no idea, so I'd rather be prepared just in case.

Anyway, there are basically 3 types of tasks needed: (1) research & highlight work (stats/quotes/memes/etc.), (2) collection of data from fans (if it wasn’t for Yuzu/fanart or craft pictures/short messages) + reviewing of the content, and (3) editorial work (putting the book together).

Here are my thoughts on how we could go about for each of them.

1. The "research & highlight" work:

Spoiler

·       Depending on the number of people/time available, defining priorities first might be a good idea. I think we can all agree that the demographic part is a must. The quote compilation is second in my opinion, because it is a rather straightforward/realistic work. We can basically pick from what was already reported in the related topics on the Planet (see below). The humor/meme section however is less defined and could vary based on personal tastes. I’m not saying the last one is a bad idea, but that it might need more work/debate for consensus so it might be better to leave it for last in case we run out of time/patience.

·       For the stats on “demographics”. Getting numbers from the various sources is relatively easy, but we don’t want to be too repetitive. Not point in having 4 times the same country histogram, one from each source. So, let’s try to have varied graphs? Some ideas: (1) The PH world map (I confess I love it :img_21:). (2) From Twitter (particularly #YuzuruHanyu and the recent wave of #LoveYuzuruFromAllOverTheWorld), we can get the top languages spoken by Fanyus (from https://hashtagify.me or equivalent tool). (3) Maybe we could include a quote from the Olympic Channel praising Yuzuru’s “star quality”? Or maybe something else (the quote might be more appropriate in the quote section), but I feel that Olympic channel has potential to be used to point out how big & varied the fanbase is somehow.(4) We could include pictures of fan banners from various competitions (I’m thinking of that “Yuzu we love you from all over the world” banner in particular). (5) From the collected answers (see the "fan form" below), we could make some “useless” stats & correlation analyses, for instance “64% of Canadian fans prefer Seimei” or “the level of blueness of a costume vs popularity of the program”. Just some silly analyses. Anyway, just suggestions, but my point is "let's not limit ourselves to maps and country histograms".

Let's have fun.

·       For the quotes, no big research needed, we have all the material we need from all the work by the ever-reliable  @kaeryth in the “#WeLoveYouYuzu” topic, as well as the “interesting comments thread”. We might want to set an approximate limit on how many quotes we want to include first, otherwise we could fill an entire book just of quotes. I’m clueless on what would a good number here though. :scratch3: (suggestions?)

·       For the humor/meme sections: we have a number of memes and funny compilation on the planet, and there’s so much material on the internet. One thing though, we should probably reach out to the source to get permission first when possible? It seems like the polite thing to do to me? As I mentioned above, I’m slightly concerned that humor tastes can vary a lot from one person to another, so whoever compiles this part will have to keep that in mind. But the “bad pictures” from the Sendai parade should definitely be in there. Even Olympic Channel mentioned it! (apparently, this is the Twitter # if we want to track the originals: #羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権  )

2. The "collection of data from fans" work. This is the part where we'll need to be super-organized if we aim for a big target, so I thought of the following strategy:

Spoiler

·       First, create an email account specifically for this project. Gmail comes to mind because of the drive that comes with it for free which could facilitate shared working documents (see below). Sharing/gathering all of this by DM on the Planet seems… messy? Overwhelming? And if we reach outside the planet, we need another system anyway. I think the shared files on the drive will also facilitate the shared work.

·       Create a template for fans to fill in with all that is needed for the sections mentioned above. Everything should be “optional”. For instance if someone only wants to fill the “if it wasn’t for Yuzu…” but not the rest of the poll/sections, that’s perfectly fine. People should only share whatever they are comfortable with). The form could include the following (point 2-4 are for silly stats purposes mentioned above):

o   First name, pseudonym or initials (or anonym)

o   Country (for stat purposes)

o   Fan since... (for stat purposes – probably the easiest would be to offer a choice of seasons like “junior”, “2009/2010”, “2010/2011” … up to this season)

o   Favorite performance or program (for stat purposes – again, maybe offer a choice between the 8 or 10 most iconic/famous ones + “other” to facilitate the analysis? Open choice would be a nightmare to do any stat on) We could also divide in "favorite program" and "favorite costume" for fun.

o   If it wasn’t for Yuzuru… (indicate character limit)

o   For art/craft, include picture as attachment in the email. Optional: include a 1-sentence comment.

o   Short thank you or encouragement message (indicate character limit)

·       Once we settle on the template for the "fan form", we can start advertising our “thank you” project and invite people to fill in the form and return it by email to us. Attachment of craft pictures can be added. An important point will be the time allotted for people to respond. I would suggest at least 2 weeks, but no more than a month (or we’ll never stop…). Maybe start with 2 weeks and extend by another 1 or so if we see that we are getting a lot of answers close to the deadline? Though, it’s a wild guess on my part so the deadline is very open to debate if people have other suggestions.

·       We’ll need to reorganize the data so that it is easily accessible for the “editorial tasks". I’m thinking of building a big excel table with 1 line per form returned and 1 column for each question/section, as well as a specific folder for all the craft pictures (direct link to the pic to be also added in the table). All of that on the drive so our team can access and work on it easily. Once form answers have been added to the table, the email can be marked with a label "included" or smth similar to avoid confusion between “reviewers” (so we don’t add twice the same answers). Another reason to use a gmail inbox for the collection.

·       A quick review of the answers should be done. I don’t expect troll answers from antis, but it doesn’t hurt to check. We might also want to filter messages that could be too intense/dramatic/negative. By that I mean any message along the lines of “ISU doesn’t deserve you” or “Please stop skating injured.” You know – keep the messages strictly positive, avoid the potentially troublesome content (even if well-meant). (Maybe add a short guideline in the form?) One way would be to simply color the cell dubious content in the excel table in orange/red, so the editorial team can then easily chose to ignore it.

If fellow satellites agree with the general strategy, I can create the gmail account and prepare a draft of the proposed form. Then we can talk about the exact content before we start promoting the project.

Again, this might be overkill if it ends up being a smaller project, but it can't hurt to be organized.

3. The "editorial work". 

Spoiler

·       First, come up with a general design template. @Hydroblade proposed a general design earlier, which could be a good starting point, though we’d need to modify it a bit to fit the current version of the project. Maybe a different color-theme for each section? Or alternating colors between pages? I guess whoever is in charge of the design will decide what seems best. @anski mentioned working in publishing – maybe you can give some suggestions for the best format?

·       Ideally, the design should be decided before the “collection deadline” so we don’t waste too much time before working on the editorial part. By that I mean that if the research/highlight part is done quickly, we don’t have to wait for the end of the data collection to prepare those sections. Demographics/stats and quotes, for instance, could be ready pretty quickly. Let’s get those formatted asap so it’s out of the way. 

·       One potential issue is that we have no idea, before we start, how many answers we’ll get from fans (particularly for the “if it wasn’t for Yuzu”/craft/short messages sections). If we get 10, 100 or 1000 answers, it’s obviously not the same beast. I doubt we'll get 1000, but you get my point. Do we want to adapt the layout if needed to include more answers per pages, and/or increase the number of pages for these sections, or do we want to set a maximum number of messages/pages to begin with? And if so how to select which messages to keep? 

·       Finally, format the “data collected from fans” sections. Data that has been added already can be colored in the shared Excel sheet so that the editorial team can easily know what is already in the “ongoing book” if we have more than one person working on that. One possibility also is to group some fan answers by common big “themes”, for instance I expect a lot of “If it wasn’t for Yuzu I wouldn’t have started learning/watching FS” or “I wouldn’t have started learning Japanese or discovered Japanese culture”. I expect that “skating” and “Japan” are obvious themes for those sections. It would take more work, but it could be nice. Maybe.

·       When everything is put together, review & check we’re happy with the result.

·       When everything is reviewed and we’re happy with the result, we can either share a pdf with all the people that sent answers by email, or leave an accessible copy on the drive for people to download for a while. I assume that we want to print at least one physical copy as a gift for Yuzuru which will involve decision about all the printing options (at one point we'll also have to decide where/when to deliver it but that is an issue for much, much later). Printing multiple copies for a selected number of fans is both interesting and a whole can of worm in itself? Uh. :13877886: Maybe a decision for later between satellites. 

And.... that's all folk. I probably forgot some details, but it is long enough as it is. Thank you for those who had the patience to read everything :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

I'll wait to hear back from others. If the general strategy is OK, as I said, I can open a new gmail, create a first draft of the "fan form". Then get feedback from everyone here, modify it as needed, and so on. I would share by DM the login info with whoever wants to work with me on this and help collect & generate everything. We'll need to coordinate, but I think it is feasible. 

In the meantime, we can finalize our choice of the charity to promote and get in touch with them as @makebelieveup suggested. Then promote the two together?

hace 12 minutos , Veveco said:

One thing that is unclear to me but is very important: is this supposed to be a planet-centric project, or do we want to promote it outside, for instance to the twitter circles? The latter would give a much bigger target, and of course means more work to compile everything. Either way, I hope we could ask for some help from the mods to promote it (here, and maybe on Twitter if we go beyond the planet)?

First, a summary of the content that was sort-of agreed on based on comments from this topic.

Reveal hidden contents

·       Statistics on fan demographics. Potential sources: obviously, stats from the planet by @yuzuangel. If we want to go beyond PH, other sources include Twitter (we can easily obtain stats on popular # of feeds), Weibo (huge Yuzu fanbase, if we can get help from a Chinese-speaking satellite), potentially Facebook (?) or Tumblr (?).

·       If it wasn’t for Yuzu…: Inspired by the PH thread of the same name. This part would be pretty straightforward, get fans to provide what they want to share. Unfortunately, we need to limit the length if we want to include many messages. I’m thinking 250 or 300 characters maybe? (For reference, a tweet is currently 280 max). Best limit to apply can be debated if people think that we should allow longer messages.

·       Fan art/craft: Pictures of any creation related to Yuzu or his programs. The customized plushies come to mind. A short (1 sentence?) explanation could be added (if wanted by the fan but not strictly required). For instance, a date of creation, or “prepared for XYZ competition”. For fanart… mixed opinions. On one hand, it could be uncomfortable for Yuzu to “look at himself”, on the other hand, there are such incredible artists it seems suc a waste to skip it entirely(particularly if we reach out beyond the Planet). One suggestion was to contact some of the “cute fanart” artists (runrun, monji, etc) to see if they'd agree to show some of their work. I guess the debate is still open for the fanart question. (I'm not sure myself)

·       Compilation of quotes from public figures: The research for this can be taken from the Planet thread. It could also include a focus on quotes from young skaters inspired by Yuzu.

·       Humor/meme section: a more light-hearted section with memes of Yuzu/TCC team/Yagudin/etc, or other humoristic content.

·       Short messages: since the overall theme would be “thank you Yuzu”, we could allow anyone to include a small personalized thank you/encouragement message Unfortunately, we'd need to have a character limit as well in order to include many messages. (Also ~300? More?)

Do we still want all of these sections? And what is the final decision on fanart?

Now, my "battle plan". On one hand, I might be overthinking this if it ends up being a relatively small scale project (if we get, idk, less than 50 answers, it's perfectly manageable for just 1 or 2 people to go through the answers in a couple weeks). On the other hand, if we get a lot more answers (particularly if we decide to reach out beyond the planet), we'll need to be super organized so we are not overwhelmed. At this stage I have no idea, so I'd rather be prepared just in case.

Anyway, there are basically 3 types of tasks needed: (1) research & highlight work (stats/quotes/memes/etc.), (2) collection of data from fans (if it wasn’t for Yuzu/fanart or craft pictures/short messages) + reviewing of the content, and (3) editorial work (putting the book together).

Reveal hidden contents

·       Depending on the number of people/time available, defining priorities first might be a good idea. I think we can all agree that the demographic part is a must. The quote compilation is second in my opinion, because it is a rather straightforward/realistic work. We can basically pick from what was already reported in the related topics on the Planet (see below). The humor/meme section however is less defined and could vary based on personal tastes. I’m not saying the last one is a bad idea, but that it might need more work/debate for consensus so it might be better to leave it for last in case we run out of time/patience.

·       For the stats on “demographics”. Getting numbers from the various sources is relatively easy, but we don’t want to be too repetitive. Not point in having 4 times the same country histogram, one from each source. So, let’s try to have varied graphs? Some ideas: (1) The PH world map (I confess I love it :img_21:). (2) From Twitter (particularly #YuzuruHanyu and the recent wave of #LoveYuzuruFromAllOverTheWorld), we can get the top languages spoken by Fanyus (from https://hashtagify.me or equivalent tool). (3) Maybe we could include a quote from the Olympic Channel praising Yuzuru’s “star quality”? Or maybe something else (the quote might be more appropriate in the quote section), but I feel that Olympic channel has potential to be used to point out how big & varied the fanbase is somehow.(4) We could include pictures of fan banners from various competitions (I’m thinking of that “Yuzu we love you from all over the world” banner in particular). (5) From the collected answers (see the "fan form" below), we could make some “useless” stats & correlation analyses, for instance “64% of Canadian fans prefer Seimei” or “the level of blueness of a costume vs popularity of the program”. Just some silly analyses. Anyway, just suggestions, but my point is "let's not limit ourselves to maps and country histograms".

Let's have fun.

·       For the quotes, no big research needed, we have all the material we need from all the work by the ever-reliable  @kaeryth in the “#WeLoveYouYuzu” topic, as well as the “interesting comments thread”. We might want to set an approximate limit on how many quotes we want to include first, otherwise we could fill an entire book just of quotes. I’m clueless on what would a good number here though. :scratch3: (suggestions?)

·       For the humor/meme sections: we have a number of memes and funny compilation on the planet, and there’s so much material on the internet. One thing though, we should probably reach out to the source to get permission first when possible? It seems like the polite thing to do to me? As I mentioned above, I’m slightly concerned that humor tastes can vary a lot from one person to another, so whoever compiles this part will have to keep that in mind. But the “bad pictures” from the Sendai parade should definitely be in there. Even Olympic Channel mentioned it! (apparently, this is the Twitter # if we want to track the originals: #羽生結弦の写真撮るの下手くそ選手権  )

2. The "collection of data from fans" work. This is the part where we'll need to be super-organized if we aim for a big target, so I thought of the following strategy:

Reveal hidden contents

·       First, create an email account specifically for this project. Gmail comes to mind because of the drive that comes with it for free which could facilitate shared working documents (see below). Sharing/gathering all of this by DM on the Planet seems… messy? Overwhelming? And if we reach outside the planet, we need another system anyway. I think the shared files on the drive will also facilitate the shared work.

·       Create a template for fans to fill in with all that is needed for the sections mentioned above. Everything should be “optional”. For instance if someone only wants to fill the “if it wasn’t for Yuzu…” but not the rest of the poll/sections, that’s perfectly fine. People should only share whatever they are comfortable with). The form could include the following (point 2-4 are for silly stats purposes mentioned above):

o   Fan since... (for stat purposes – probably the easiest would be to offer a choice of seasons like “junior”, “2009/2010”, “2010/2011” … up to this season)

o   Favorite performance or program (for stat purposes – again, maybe offer a choice between the 8 or 10 most iconic/famous ones + “other” to facilitate the analysis? Open choice would be a nightmare to do any stat on) We could also divide in "favorite program" and "favorite costume" for fun.

o   For art/craft, include picture as attachment in the email. Optional: include a 1-sentence comment.

·       Once we settle on the template for the "fan form", we can start advertising our “thank you” project and invite people to fill in the form and return it by email to us. Attachment of craft pictures can be added. An important point will be the time allotted for people to respond. I would suggest at least 2 weeks, but no more than a month (or we’ll never stop…). Maybe start with 2 weeks and extend by another 1 or so if we see that we are getting a lot of answers close to the deadline? Though, it’s a wild guess on my part so the deadline is very open to debate if people have other suggestions.

·       We’ll need to reorganize the data so that it is easily accessible for the “editorial tasks". I’m thinking of building a big excel table with 1 line per form returned and 1 column for each question/section, as well as a specific folder for all the craft pictures (direct link to the pic to be also added in the table). All of that on the drive so our team can access and work on it easily. Once form answers have been added to the table, the email can be marked with a label "included" or smth similar to avoid confusion between “reviewers” (so we don’t add twice the same answers). Another reason to use a gmail inbox for the collection.

·       A quick review of the answers should be done. I don’t expect troll answers from antis, but it doesn’t hurt to check. We might also want to filter messages that could be too intense/dramatic/negative. By that I mean any message along the lines of “ISU doesn’t deserve you” or “Please stop skating injured.” You know – keep the messages strictly positive, avoid the potentially troublesome content (even if well-meant). (Maybe add a short guideline in the form?) One way would be to simply color the cell dubious content in the excel table in orange/red, so the editorial team can then easily chose to ignore it.

If fellow satellites agree with the general strategy, I can create the gmail account and prepare a draft of the proposed form. Then we can talk about the exact content before we start promoting the project.

Again, this might be overkill if it ends up being a smaller project, but it can't hurt to be organized.

3. The "editorial work". 

Reveal hidden contents

·       First, come up with a general design template. @Hydroblade proposed a general design earlier, which could be a good starting point, though we’d need to modify it a bit to fit the current version of the project. Maybe a different color-theme for each section? Or alternating colors between pages? I guess whoever is in charge of the design will decide what seems best. @anski mentioned working in publishing – maybe you can give some suggestions for the best format?

·       Ideally, the design should be decided before the “collection deadline” so we don’t waste too much time before working on the editorial part. By that I mean that if the research/highlight part is done quickly, we don’t have to wait for the end of the data collection to prepare those sections. Demographics/stats and quotes, for instance, could be ready pretty quickly. Let’s get those formatted asap so it’s out of the way. 

·       One potential issue is that we have no idea, before we start, how many answers we’ll get from fans (particularly for the “if it wasn’t for Yuzu”/craft/short messages sections). If we get 10, 100 or 1000 answers, it’s obviously not the same beast. I doubt we'll get 1000, but you get my point. Do we want to adapt the layout if needed to include more answers per pages, and/or increase the number of pages for these sections, or do we want to set a maximum number of messages/pages to begin with? And if so how to select which messages to keep? 

·       Finally, format the “data collected from fans” sections. Data that has been added already can be colored in the shared Excel sheet so that the editorial team can easily know what is already in the “ongoing book” if we have more than one person working on that. One possibility also is to group some fan answers by common big “themes”, for instance I expect a lot of “If it wasn’t for Yuzu I wouldn’t have started learning/watching FS” or “I wouldn’t have started learning Japanese or discovered Japanese culture”. I expect that “skating” and “Japan” are obvious themes for those sections. It would take more work, but it could be nice. Maybe.

·       When everything is put together, review & check we’re happy with the result.

·       When everything is reviewed and we’re happy with the result, we can either share a pdf with all the people that sent answers by email, or leave an accessible copy on the drive for people to download for a while. I assume that we want to print at least one physical copy as a gift for Yuzuru which will involve decision about all the printing options (at one point we'll also have to decide where/when to deliver it but that is an issue for much, much later). Printing multiple copies for a selected number of fans is both interesting and a whole can of worm in itself? Uh. :13877886: Maybe a decision for later between satellites. 

And.... that's all folk. I probably forgot some details, but it is long enough as it is. Thank you for those who had the patience to read everything :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

I'll wait to hear back from others. If the general strategy is OK, as I said, I can open a new gmail, create a first draft of the "fan form". Then get feedback from everyone here, modify it as needed, and so on. I would share by DM the login info with whoever wants to work with me on this and help collect & generate everything. We'll need to coordinate, but I think it is feasible. 

In the meantime, we can finalize our choice of the charity to promote and get in touch with them as @makebelieveup suggested. Then promote the two together?

Amazing :worship:!! Thank you SO MUCH for this:10742289:! Looks like a good strategy to me and I would say let's start! We can always adjust/amend things on the way! Specially depending on how many persons would participate... 

Regarding if this is supposed to be a planet-centric project, I think it should be planet-centric (of course, just my opinion). I mean, if anybody outside is interested, they are very welcomed to join the Planet...:winky:  I just think it would facilitate stats, infos and the communication (possibility to dm the person among others).

Let's wait for more feedback but I'm in!!! :dancingpooh:

Thank you @Veveco !! For the kind of project we wanna do I’d say 4A size so any illustrations will be shown in a decent size and glossy pages so the graphics and colors will look vibrant and sharp. And I think a paperback will be both cheaper and more convenient (if the book ends up being too long it won’t be too heavy) but if you guys prefer a hardback we can work with that as well! 

As as for the interiors, I think it will be best to think of layouts and design styles once we have a better idea of all the content that’s going to be in the book :) 

Wow I‘ve been so busy the last 10 days that I could not answere here and I’ll be busy until Easter! 

35 minutes ago, anski said:

Thank you @Veveco !! For the kind of project we wanna do I’d say 4A size so any illustrations will be shown in a decent size and glossy pages so the graphics and colors will look vibrant and sharp. And I think a paperback will be both cheaper and more convenient (if the book ends up being too long it won’t be too heavy) but if you guys prefer a hardback we can work with that as well! 

As as for the interiors, I think it will be best to think of layouts and design styles once we have a better idea of all the content that’s going to be in the book :) 

Yes I would say that 4A is a good size !

And to donate to ice rink Sendai would be a great idea because the ice rink is related to Yuzu and his love for iceskating and I guess that the ice rink is close to his heart ! 

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Let's have fun.

Hide contents

3. The "editorial work". 

Hide contents

51 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Amazing :worship:!! Thank you SO MUCH for this:10742289:! Looks like a good strategy to me and I would say let's start! We can always adjust/amend things on the way! Specially depending on how many persons would participate... 

Regarding if this is supposed to be a planet-centric project, I think it should be planet-centric (of course, just my opinion). I mean, if anybody outside is interested, they are very welcomed to join the Planet...:winky:  I just think it would facilitate stats, infos and the communication (possibility to dm the person among others).

Let's wait for more feedback but I'm in!!! :dancingpooh:

Thank you, @Veveco! Beautiful work! I agree with the strategy and as @Yuzu_legend said, things can be adjusted, when we need, during the process.

As for the fandom, I think the book should be focused on PH content mainly, otherwise, we could get overwhelmed with content and we won't have a chance to get through all that. On the other hand, the research, art and memes parts, would surely require a non-PH content at some point, because I doubt all those funny memes and art were done by PH fanyus... So in the end, I don't know, how to approach this.

The donation can be of course done by more people. I think there won't be any problem (but it depends on the final form of donation).

I would say yes to keep the content as PH centred as possible and picture based bc Yuzu probably doesn’t have much time to read through a fan book. I know many of us here skate, so we could add some pics from the fans who skate or were otherwise inspired by Yuzu in a “thank you” spread.