Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

We could have different backgrounds :P so it's a bit more personalized. Feathers, swans, goats(:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:), skates, golden polka dots:goat:

I'm not sure about the fanart because of what he said, that he feels weird by looking at himself like that haha but maybe some people really want to do that.

With the boxes and such, we would have a limit to the message/pic, so we wouldn't have to enforce a character limit. As long as it fits there and it's readable, it would be fine i guess.

Well, we could always do the fanart without Yuzu. There are surely many pictures of Brian, Pooh,  ... (Yagudin - the Flower Girl)... :smiley-laughing021:

Edit: I think he would have a good laugh even with those poohgate solution memes...

48 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I like it, but if you do a page like this for everyone, how big is the book going to be? 

A brief research of paper sizes:

• 4" x 9" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 5.5" x 8.5" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 6" x 9" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 8.5" x12" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 4.75" x 4.75"
  • 6" x 6"
  • 12" x 12"

Perhaps we should settle for one paper size. I think custom size might be expensive

Also, leave approx 1 inch on one side (left or right) for binding?

I was also thinking, what if the background of the page corresponds to our favourite SP/FS/EX - we could save some space there and yet allow uniformed variety. I'm on my way to work now but I don't mind coming up with something for this.

1 hour ago, faeline said:

A brief research of paper sizes:

• 4" x 9" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 5.5" x 8.5" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 6" x 9" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 8.5" x12" (or flip for Landscape)
  • 4.75" x 4.75"
  • 6" x 6"
  • 12" x 12"

Perhaps we should settle for one paper size. I think custom size might be expensive

Also, leave approx 1 inch on one side (left or right) for binding?

I was also thinking, what if the background of the page corresponds to our favourite SP/FS/EX - we could save some space there and yet allow uniformed variety. I'm on my way to work now but I don't mind coming up with something for this.

No, I meant number of pages. There's already 5000 satellites and counting. If everyone did a page with that template, we're into encyclopedia territory. 

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

We could have different backgrounds :P so it's a bit more personalized. Feathers, swans, goats(:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:), skates, golden polka dots:goat:

I'm not sure about the fanart because of what he said, that he feels weird by looking at himself like that haha but maybe some people really want to do that.

With the boxes and such, we would have a limit to the message/pic, so we wouldn't have to enforce a character limit. As long as it fits there and it's readable, it would be fine i guess.

I think fan arts should be fine, as long as the artist is notified and credited, they'd probably be proud to show their art to Yuzu himself. Also so many talented artist out there, it'd be nice for Yuzu to know he inspires so many ppl, not sure how many of those arts Yuzu have seen himself. Some funny fan photos too probably haha, I'm sure he'd get a good laugh out of it

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, I meant number of pages. There's already 5000 satellites and counting. If everyone did a page with that template, we're into encyclopedia territory. 

Actually why not we just compile the favourite programs into a few pages, since he only has so many programs. then we can squeeze in two templates into a page I guess. Same goes with other questions that has a lot of repetition, like country, fan since xxx, etc. 

Also I think he'd appreciate quality over quantity, I mean P&G had sent him encyclopedia sized fan appreciations too, and I honestly don't think he has time to read through all of them. Just something light than he can flip through while he's bored or something to have a laugh, I think that'd be good enough.

Like when he said he was bleeding blood and cried in his last performance :c We should be careful not to add more expectations to him though, from his description in the Matsuoka interview, he does feel pressurised by it somewhat, and he felt free after the competition. 

Cute things, happy things, pretty things, I think he can do with that. Just things that makes him happy. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

1 hour ago, Salior said:

Actually why not we just compile the favourite programs into a few pages, since he only has so many programs. then we can squeeze in two templates into a page I guess. Same goes with other questions that has a lot of repetition, like country, fan since xxx, etc. 

Also I think he'd appreciate quality over quantity, I mean P&G had sent him encyclopedia sized fan appreciations too, and I honestly don't think he has time to read through all of them. Just something light than he can flip through while he's bored or something to have a laugh, I think that'd be good enough.

Like when he said he was bleeding blood and cried in his last performance :c We should be careful not to add more expectations to him though, from his description in the Matsuoka interview, he does feel pressurised by it somewhat, and he felt free after the competition. 

Cute things, happy things, pretty things, I think he can do with that. Just things that makes him happy. 

Not all of us are talented with the pen as well - maybe some of would just want to add some words of encouragement/comfort, and we can compile that into a few templates as what @Salior said, with some featuring of fan art? 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I like it, but if you do a page like this for everyone, how big is the book going to be? 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

2 hours ago, Salior said:

Not all of us are talented with the pen as well - maybe some of would just want to add some words of encouragement/comfort, and we can compile that into a few templates as what @Salior said, with some featuring of fan art? 

I am starting to like the "themed" variant more as well. 

There won't be any pressure for the satellites to provide an input themselves and it would be probably more interesting for him to just grab the book and say "I am going to look only at the fanart today" without any need to go through all the pages.

It will be maybe a little bit harder to compile the book and it will be more work for a satellite, who will be doing the finishing touches, because then we can't do the variant - "each of us send a designed page".

However, maybe we could have something like GoogleDrive, where the templates would be shared and each satellite could add something. Then we would need someone to revise and check the final outcome...

@Hydroblade template look amazing, so if we settle on this and just choose to make the placeholders different, it will be fine, and we can do the background different for each theme.

And we will have to decide, if we are going to choose the final number of pages for different theme and then fill it with gathered content, or if we gather the content from satellites first and decide on the number of pages after that.

2 hours ago, Salior said:

He seems like a statistics kind of guy, so we can probably summarize the answers to the questions like country, fav programs, etc. and include that in the beginning of the book, like an introduction. We can list the number of people from each country, the number of people who liked a particular program, the number of people who discovered him at a particular time, etc. Or we can present the info as a chart or graph, or in percentages.

In CIONTU, he asked the audience when they discovered him, so he was interested in how many people discovered him at a particular time.

Also, it would be great if we can add some humor to the book. Funny memes? Poorly taken photos of him? Poorly drawn fanart? Remember those stick-figure fanart? Those were funny. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He got a kick out of those "shitty-taken pictures" from the Sendai Parade so I think he would enjoy some humor.

I also think we should have several templates so if someone wants to include fanart, they can, but if someone just wants to provide a short message, they can do that also. And for the short messages, we can put several on one page to conserve space.

Wild idea - feel free to shoot me down...

What if we split the book into sections

- Yuzu Junior

- Yuzu pre Sochi

- Yuzu Sochi to Pyeong Chang

- Yuzu post Pyeong Chang

And we can put fan art into the respective era, we can split the satellites into whichever section they want... Maybe run a google survey to determine the number of pages - people need to select:

- Message or Fan Art

- Which section

- What's their favourite performance of that section, etc?

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

He seems like a statistics kind of guy, so we can probably summarize the answers to the questions like country, fav programs, etc. and include that in the beginning of the book, like an introduction. We can list the number of people from each country, the number of people who liked a particular program, the number of people who discovered him at a particular time, etc. Or we can present the info as a chart or graph, or in percentages.

In CIONTU, he asked the audience when they discovered him, so he was interested in how many people discovered him at a particular time.

Also, it would be great if we can add some humor to the book. Funny memes? Poorly taken photos of him? Poorly drawn fanart? Remember those stick-figure fanart? Those were funny. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He got a kick out of those "shitty-taken pictures" from the Sendai Parade so I think he would enjoy some humor.

I also think we should have several templates so if someone wants to include fanart, they can, but if someone just wants to provide a short message, they can do that also. And for the short messages, we can put several on one page to conserve space.

Wild idea - feel free to shoot me down...

What if we split the book into sections

- Yuzu Junior

- Yuzu pre Sochi

- Yuzu Sochi to Pyeong Chang

- Yuzu post Pyeong Chang

And we can put fan art into the respective era, we can split the satellites into whichever section they want... Maybe run a google survey to determine the number of pages - people need to select:

- Message or Fan Art

- Which section

- What's their favourite performance of that section, etc?

So we could do something like this:

First part:

• Statistics (where are we from, favorite program, "discovery of Hanyu",...) 
  • Graphs
  • Map with coloured countries 

Themed part:

• Fanart (I would refrain from using too much of Yuzu art though,  as he said he feel strange looking at those) 
  • Memes (he would surely love some of those - and I insist on that Yagudin treasure)  
  • "Shitty-taken pictures" 
  • Messages (but keep it short)

We can modify or add anything, I just needs to do something like a summary.

We can then separate some themes into "timeline" sections, why not, but I wouldn't do it for the whole book because it could be limiting for the content itself. So maybe memes and pictures...

I am not trying to "lead" the project, so that is just my opinion summarized.

Edit: oh, and I forgot the "If it wasn't for Yuzuru..." part. That's a must!  :68468287:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

Seems like we can make a survey out of this, we can share these with the Japanese speaking fans on twitter too! And across other platforms haha, like tumblr, Facebook, etc., no reason to limit it to Planet Hanyu imo, but if there are other considerations I can understand. I'd love it if this can become one of the largest Yuzu fans survey ever conducted though! 

Yep I wholly agree with the humour part. I'm sure he's had a lot of supportive messages, but those aren't really something you'd read when you're sad or down, at least from my personal experience - it just adds to the frustration that you've disappointed those who've had expectations on you, or those who had an image of you that you never really were in the first place. So something lighthearted, like a welcome distraction will be nice. 

5 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

So we could do something like this:

First part:

• Statistics (where are we from, favorite program, "discovery of Hanyu",...) 
  • Graphs
  • Map with coloured countries 

Themed part:

• Fanart (I would refrain from using too much of Yuzu art though,  as he said he feel strange looking at those) 
  • Memes (he would surely love some of those - and I insist on that Yagudin treasure)  
  • "Shitty-taken pictures" 
  • Messages (but keep it short)

We can modify or add anything, I just needs to do something like a summary.

We can then separate some themes into "timeline" sections, why not, but I wouldn't do it for the whole book because it could be limiting for the content itself. So maybe memes and pictures...

I am not trying to "lead" the project, so that is just my opinion summarized.

For fanarts I think cutesy / heartwarming stuff like those from runrun, hidetamama, or that fanartist who makes cute stories from Origin / Otonal / Haru yo Koi as characters, or monji who draws Yuzu with his "jumps" as little clones of himself, those kind would be more adorable than plain portraits I would think. Or people who make pretty charms like Luxury Carrot or costume badges like Illogicalpins. I mean he did request for the poohs that are dressed up in his costumes to be sent to him ^^ 

Yes memes plz, I have a feeling he'd fall off the chair laughing hahaha :lol:

Also for photos, I think we can put photos of him having fun with his friends, considering that he doesn't have public instagram etc to be tagged or document his own life lol. Like all the wholesome Yuzu/Shoma or Yuzu/Javi content, or even those from back when he was messing around with Jeremy Abott / Nobu, recently I've watched those photos again and god I forgot so much about those happy times. 

I think he enjoys the "important" photos too, like how he mimicked his own pose in the Sochi / Pyeongchang banner, so those should be fine as well. And that "mirror" photoshop at the end of Seimei haha! Not sure if he's seen that yet  

Messages is a little touchy there imo, I mean we don't want to act as a "judge" as to which messages get to Yuzu, but we don't want to add more pressures to him too, even those that are unintentional. But if handled well could be ok I guess. And yea I don't think he has the time to read through everything. 

Also there's a new hashtag #LoveYuzuruFromAllOverTheWorld , maybe we can add nice hashtags too so he can check them out when he's free haha, like the one with Yuzu and cats 

27 minutes ago, Salior said:

For fanarts I think cutesy / heartwarming stuff like those from runrun, hidetamama, or that fanartist who makes cute stories from Origin / Otonal / Haru yo Koi as characters, or monji who draws Yuzu with his "jumps" as little clones of himself, those kind would be more adorable than plain portraits I would think. Or people who make pretty charms like Luxury Carrot or costume badges like Illogicalpins. I mean he did request for the poohs that are dressed up in his costumes to be sent to him ^^ 

Yes memes plz, I have a feeling he'd fall off the chair laughing hahaha :lol:

Also for photos, I think we can put photos of him having fun with his friends, considering that he doesn't have public instagram etc to be tagged or document his own life lol. Like all the wholesome Yuzu/Shoma or Yuzu/Javi content, or even those from back when he was messing around with Jeremy Abott / Nobu, recently I've watched those photos again and god I forgot so much about those happy times. 

Messages is a little touchy there imo, I mean we don't want to act as a "judge" as to which messages get to Yuzu, but we don't want to add more pressures to him too, even those that are unintentional. But if handled well could be ok I guess. And yea I don't think he has the time to read through everything. 

Also there's a new hashtag #LoveYuzuruFromAllOverTheWorld , maybe we can add nice hashtags too so he can check them out when he's free haha, like the one with Yuzu and cats 

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!