Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

10 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

This is my last attempt at a gift instead and if we still go with photobooks I’ll be all in it. It’s not that I think photobooks are repetitive and not meaningful, I do and I participated in 2-3 of those projects for him every year. It’s just that Yuzu don’t always have the time and energy to go through all of it. During some very hard days, when he doesn’t want to lift his eyes, if there is an object symbolizes our presence beside him on his night stand, it’ll give him strength in a very different way. I’ve always thought we should give him such gift at least once. 

I think that we can easily do both. Since things like shirts, mugs, and tote bags are pretty easy and inexpensive to do, we could even do a little care package of Planet Hanyu merch. (Like an upgraded version of when you go to a conference or other event and get a swag bag full of random stuff.) Since we know he likes keeping extensive notes on his skating, we could even send a custom PH notebook...or just send him this one: https://www.redbubble.com/people/wanungara/works/15207899-my-plans-for-world-domination-spiral-notebook :smiley-laughing021:

8 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

If it should be something he can touch or look at when he needs to, I won't mind. It's just hard to come up with something easy, but meaningful. 

Now, I am going to suggest something that came into my mind today, but would be probably hard to achiev.

Please, take it only as an inspiration.

Hide contents

There is an idea that appeared in my mind suddenly. Something like wind chimes made of different feathers. (Would it be possible for the satellites to actually pick the feathers on their own? They would be from all around the world picked with love... and we have plenty in  our forests.)

I like the idea with the feathers but I thing that it could be problematic to ship them! But what about selfmade feathers

6 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I'm afraid this isn't the best idea... I think it's just more convenient to design all the photobook digitally, in a pdf format I mean. And as @Hydroblade said, making a template for the pages. 

If someone wants to include a handwritten message or a drawing, they should scan it. 

Then the satellites who have Photoshop/photo editing skills should compile all the photos and messages in order to design the book.

Also I think that the "one page per person" idea would be a bit too limiting. In my opinion, if a fan wants to send only a short message they should be able to.

It might also be cool to separate the pages by sections, for instance, the first 10 pages, personal fan photos with short messages; next 5 pages, fanart; the following pages "Without Yuzu I wouldn't have _____" messages, etc.

Eh that's fine - we could go all digital. In that case we should pay more attention to the DPI, print quality and paper quality during the final printing.

9 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Maybe we can create a template for the pages? I could try and do something...

You could arrange the elements around, maybe provide a set of backgrounds and stuff so there's a bit of consistency while keeping each page  personalized :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I could also help with the translations if anyone wants to translate their message to japanese:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

A standard template would be great since it will standardize everything. My Japanese proficiency belongs to the "enough to navigate Japan" category, otherwise I would volunteer myself as well.

My career pertains to project management, so if you need my help do let me know :)

6 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

I think that we can easily do both. Since things like shirts, mugs, and tote bags are pretty easy and inexpensive to do, we could even do a little care package of Planet Hanyu merch. (Like an upgraded version of when you go to a conference or other event and get a swag bag full of random stuff.) Since we know he likes keeping extensive notes on his skating, we could even send a custom PH notebook...or just send him this one: https://www.redbubble.com/people/wanungara/works/15207899-my-plans-for-world-domination-spiral-notebook :smiley-laughing021:

Just add the Planet Hanyu logo somewhere and we're done!

5 hours ago, Sabrina said:

I like the idea with the feathers but I thing that it could be problematic to ship them! But what about selfmade feathers

There was someone at ACI who gifted him a stained glass feather she had made ( it went in the box for him, not on the ice!). She showed it to me and it was lovely. 

The photobook idea is wonderful. I think themed sections would work well. We could include a small gift, too - just not a medal, guys, please! That platinum medal for Pluschenko was ridiculous (talking here as a Pluschenko fan in the past). I don't think Yuzuru would like that association.

21 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

This is my last attempt at a gift instead and if we still go with photobooks I’ll be all in it. It’s not that I think photobooks are repetitive and not meaningful, I do and I participated in 2-3 of those projects for him every year. It’s just that Yuzu don’t always have the time and energy to go through all of it. During some very hard days, when he doesn’t want to lift his eyes, if there is an object symbolizes our presence beside him on his night stand, it’ll give him strength in a very different way. I’ve always thought we should give him such gift at least once. 

Reveal hidden contents

I my native language, there’s a saying “Looking at the object and remembering the people.” It’s hard to translate but it means the object reminds us about the person who gave it to us, their care and love. Its context can be used when a man goes into war, and bring with him something from his home or his family.

About it being costly, a lot of fanyus have given him expensive gifts on their own, but a collective effort will make it lighter, it really doesn’t necessarily means wasteful or anything. And I don’t believe he won’t see any worth or significant in a medal that fans come together and give to him. Can you imagine him opening the box, seeing the medal and instantly think “What? What the hell? Why do they give me this?”.

Perhaps it’s just my feelings that words are not the only ways to communicate our emotions. But I agree that this type of gift will take a lot of thoughts and if we’re not ready to do it, we don’t have to. Thanks for hearing my opinion!

Oh and the donation is a definite Yes! :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Custom snow globe of Yuzu in Notte Stellata costume doing Biellmann spin:

https://www.queenofsnowglobes.com/

I don't know if Yuzu would want something like that,  but I want one.

I think you can even add a message to the base of the snow globe, for example something like "2018 Pyeongchang Olympics Exhibition Gala" and the date. It would commemorate one of the happiest days of his life. 

As for the photobook, I love the idea of the "If it were not for Yuzu, I would never have..." messages. It lets him know the impact he has made on so many people.

I also love the idea of a donation. I suspect Yuzu gets A LOT of stuff from fans, so he might appreciate donations to the causes he supports more than anything we can give him.

It might be better if we didn't present this to him as a "cheer project". A cheer project means he needs cheering up which will remind him of why he needs cheering up, and I don't think we want to do that. It's better to let him know that we were super happy to see him and that we can't wait to see him again.

35 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Custom snow globe of Yuzu in Notte Stellata costume doing Biellmann spin:

https://www.queenofsnowglobes.com/

I don't know if Yuzu would want something like that,  but I want one.

I think you can even add a message to the base of the snow globe, for example something like "2018 Pyeongchang Olympics Exhibition Gala" and the date. It would commemorate one of the happiest days of his life. 

As for the photobook, I love the idea of the "If it were not for Yuzu, I would never have..." messages. It lets him know the impact he has made on so many people.

I also love the idea of a donation. I suspect Yuzu gets A LOT of stuff from fans, so he might appreciate donations to the causes he supports more than anything we can give him.

It might be better if we didn't present this to him as a "cheer project". A cheer project means he needs cheering up which will remind him of why he needs cheering up, and I don't think we want to do that. It's better to let him know that we were super happy to see him and that we can't wait to see him again.

(I want one too)

The trouble with the snow globe is I’m afraid it might break... and maybe for him it will be weird to have a snow globe of him? It’d be weird for me to have a snow globe based on me haha 

catching up with all 11 pages.  sorry, didn't quote everyone. 

but I agree with the people who say it shouldn't be something too material.  I'm pretty low income and even I don't usually want physical gifts because I can simply buy exactly what I want within reason and know what I like better than anyone else.  And he gets gifts all the time while only living in an apartment - how much stuff can he keep?

I think a scrap book type thing + donations to causes he cares about is best.

1 or two pages will be a graph or maybe just a big map showing locations of fans involved in the project.  Pictures of everyone's locations might be unrealistic (or in my case, too boring to bother looking at) as it would take over the whole book.

A couple pages will list the charities that have been impacted because of the way he has inspired everyone.  If possible, have quotes and figures from people involved in the organizations.

We could have another page showing his impact on the economy.

I like the idea of including quotes about "things I would never have done if it weren't for Yuzu".  He's said in the past how meaningful it was to him to know that people have taken a greater interest in Japanese culture because of him.    

We should have a compilation of quotes from public figures as well.  I doubt he has time to read even a tiny fraction of everything said about him. I know he loves his fans but I imagine that it's even more special to hear all this praise from his idols and peers.

It would be great to have a section devoted to quotes by young skaters that have been inspired by him.

finally, this has been something I've been meaning to do for a while but haven't gotten around to, but I'd like to make a calendar commemorating either significant events in his life or in the life of someone who has been helped as a result of his efforts.  

The overall theme of the scrapbook would basically be how he has managed to change the world.

I know this is an enormous project so perhaps this could be a next year cheer project but something I'd like to do 

Hace 2 horas, Old Cat Lady said:

1 or two pages will be a graph or maybe just a big map showing locations of fans involved in the project.  Pictures of everyone's locations might be unrealistic (or in my case, too boring to bother looking at) as it would take over the whole book.

A couple pages will list the charities that have been impacted because of the way he has inspired everyone.  If possible, have quotes and figures from people involved in the organizations.

We could have another page showing his impact on the economy.

I like the idea of including quotes about "things I would never have done if it weren't for Yuzu".  He's said in the past how meaningful it was to him to know that people have taken a greater interest in Japanese culture because of him.    

We should have a compilation of quotes from public figures as well.  I doubt he has time to read even a tiny fraction of everything said about him. I know he loves his fans but I imagine that it's even more special to hear all this praise from his idols and peers.

It would be great to have a section devoted to quotes by young skaters that have been inspired by him.

The overall theme of the scrapbook would basically be how he has managed to change the world.

YES YES YES. All of this please!!

14 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Awwww, feathers! I love you! :201111231756430f6:

We could have different backgrounds :P so it's a bit more personalized. Feathers, swans, goats(:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:), skates, golden polka dots:goat:

I'm not sure about the fanart because of what he said, that he feels weird by looking at himself like that haha but maybe some people really want to do that.

With the boxes and such, we would have a limit to the message/pic, so we wouldn't have to enforce a character limit. As long as it fits there and it's readable, it would be fine i guess.