Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

hace 36 minutos , 4Nessie said:

We can decide on a basic structure of the page, like adding

1. photo of the place I live,

2. If it wasn't for Yuzuru, I would never have... , ... whatever we choose together.

And then, each of us can personalize the page with something that had an impact on us.

Yes, I think this would work! 

Hace 2 horas, Vulnavia said:

I think this is a really great idea and it's something that we could consider doing in addition to something like a photobook. With our strength in numbers we could make an impactful gift even if each person who was able only gave a tiny amount. 

This would be also very nice, we’d have to ask the mods, if they would allow to do the fundraising through the planet.

hace 30 minutos , raebia said:

If we choose this idea of including meaningful texts or posts — wouldnt it be better to translate longer texts into Japanese for  easy reading? 

He would find someone to translate, though, I am sure...

@Hydroblade had also this idea, I think it means a lot of work, but if someone volunteers, it would be surely nice for him, though I’m sure he can read in English much better than he speaks!!

I am onboard with this! 

And also thinking about the logistics involved - we probably need:

• a standard size (for everyone to prepare their fan art/hand written messages)
  • a representative to collect for a specific region each (for fan art/hand written messages)
  • an end collection point/consolidation point
  • a few translators
  • donations, obv for the item as well as shipping (let's ship it with tracking etc)

I'm already thinking about how to make it work haha :joy:

23 minutes ago, faeline said:

I am onboard with this! 

• a representative to collect for a specific region each (for fan art/hand written messages)
  • a few translators
  • donations, obv for the item as well as shipping (let's ship it with tracking etc)

We are really an outstanding community. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, raebia said:

If we choose this idea of including meaningful texts or posts — wouldnt it be better to translate longer texts into Japanese for  easy reading? 

He would find someone to translate, though, I am sure...

I don't think translating English would be necessary. Yuzuru's english is quite good and since he likes to do research I am sure his reading comprehension is even better. Personally, I prefer it if we can use our own words when writing the messages and translations would change that.

Maybe make it optional and have those who can translate offer help to those who want to write their message in two languages? this way it will cut the work load for translators 

hace 18 minutos , faeline said:

We are DOers :happy:

I started looking for some possibilities:

1. Size:

Formats: A4, A3 landscape or  28 x 28 cm

2. Quality:

Hard cover, matt or glossy

Pages matt or glossy

Page strength: 170 g/m² or 340 g/m²

Looks like it is possible to have max. 120 pages... if we had more, we could do Volume I; Volume II and so on ...

I think all content/pages should be sent through e-mail, including art/handwritten messages. Otherwise I don’t know how could we integrate it in the photobook?:scratch2:

And the final outcome should be available for the satellites as well. This way we can get to know each other even better. Only positive outcomes for both sides.    :winky:

Edit: pdf or something similar of course

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

I don't think translating English would be necessary. Yuzuru's english is quite good and since he likes to do research I am sure his reading comprehension is even better. Personally, I prefer it if we can use our own words when writing the messages and translations would change that.

Maybe make it optional and have those who can translate offer help to those who want to write their message in two languages? this way it will cut the work load for translators 

Also agree with this. Yuzu might seem like he can’t speak much, but when was the last time we saw him unable to understand an English question? I think his listening and reading skills is much better than his speaking. Plus our wishes are within a simple and common set, wishing him happiness, hope and health, about love and about his skating. This much he can understand well. 

Of course we can include the translation just for sure, but the original text should be there.

What a great idea to have a photo book. I remember him saying he feels uncomfortable looking at too many pictures or fanarts of himself, so I think he would be more interested in knowing who his individual fans are and how our lives have been impacted by him in very different ways.

And I support the idea of including a small inexpensive gift he could wear or keep with him. It could be a simple engraved bracelet or a personalised tee or luggage tag

This is my last attempt at a gift instead and if we still go with photobooks I’ll be all in it. It’s not that I think photobooks are repetitive and not meaningful, I do and I participated in 2-3 of those projects for him every year. It’s just that Yuzu don’t always have the time and energy to go through all of it. During some very hard days, when he doesn’t want to lift his eyes, if there is an object symbolizes our presence beside him on his night stand, it’ll give him strength in a very different way. I’ve always thought we should give him such gift at least once. 

Spoiler

I my native language, there’s a saying “Looking at the object and remembering the people.” It’s hard to translate but it means the object reminds us about the person who gave it to us, their care and love. Its context can be used when a man goes into war, and bring with him something from his home or his family.

About it being costly, a lot of fanyus have given him expensive gifts on their own, but a collective effort will make it lighter, it really doesn’t necessarily means wasteful or anything. And I don’t believe he won’t see any worth or significant in a medal that fans come together and give to him. Can you imagine him opening the box, seeing the medal and instantly think “What? What the hell? Why do they give me this?”.

Perhaps it’s just my feelings that words are not the only ways to communicate our emotions. But I agree that this type of gift will take a lot of thoughts and if we’re not ready to do it, we don’t have to. Thanks for hearing my opinion!

Oh and the donation is a definite Yes! :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

2 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

This is my last attempt at a gift instead and if we still go with photobooks I’ll be all in it. It’s not that I think photobooks are repetitive and not meaningful, I do and I participated in 2-3 of those projects for him every year. It’s just that Yuzu don’t always have the time and energy to go through all of it. During some very hard days, when he doesn’t want to lift his eyes, if there is an object symbolizes our presence beside him on his night stand, it’ll give him strength in a very different way. I’ve always thought we should give him such gift at least once. 

Reveal hidden contents

I my native language, there’s a saying “Looking at the object and remembering the people.” It’s hard to translate but it means the object reminds us about the person who gave it to us, their care and love. Its context can be used when a man goes into war, and bring with him something from his home or his family.

About it being costly, a lot of fanyus have given him expensive gifts on their own, but a collective effort will make it lighter, it really doesn’t necessarily means wasteful or anything. And I don’t believe he won’t see any worth or significant in a medal that fans come together and give to him. Can you imagine him opening the box, seeing the medal and instantly think “What? What the hell? Why do they give me this?”.

Perhaps it’s just my feelings that words are not the only ways to communicate our emotions. But I agree that this type of gift will take a lot of thoughts and if we’re not ready to do it, we don’t have to. Thanks for hearing my opinion!

Oh and the donation is a definite Yes! :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

If it should be something he can touch or look at when he needs to, I won't mind. It's just hard to come up with something easy, but meaningful. 

Now, I am going to suggest something that came into my mind today, but would be probably hard to achiev.

Please, take it only as an inspiration.

Spoiler

There is an idea that appeared in my mind suddenly. Something like wind chimes made of different feathers. (Would it be possible for the satellites to actually pick the feathers on their own? They would be from all around the world picked with love... and we have plenty in  our forests.)

8 hours ago, faeline said:

I am onboard with this! 

• a few translators

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

We are DOers :happy:

I started looking for some possibilities:

1. Size:

Formats: A4, A3 landscape or  28 x 28 cm

2. Quality:

Hard cover, matt or glossy

Pages matt or glossy

Page strength: 170 g/m² or 340 g/m²

Looks like it is possible to have max. 120 pages... if we had more, we could do Volume I; Volume II and so on ...

I think all content/pages should be sent through e-mail, including art/handwritten messages. Otherwise I don’t know how could we integrate it in the photobook?:scratch2:

Maybe we can create a template for the pages? I could try and do something...

You could arrange the elements around, maybe provide a set of backgrounds and stuff so there's a bit of consistency while keeping each page  personalized :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I could also help with the translations if anyone wants to translate their message to japanese:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Hace 11 horas, faeline said:

I'm afraid this isn't the best idea... I think it's just more convenient to design all the photobook digitally, in a pdf format I mean. And as @Hydroblade said, making a template for the pages. 

If someone wants to include a handwritten message or a drawing, they should scan it. 

Then the satellites who have Photoshop/photo editing skills should compile all the photos and messages in order to design the book.

Also I think that the "one page per person" idea would be a bit too limiting. In my opinion, if a fan wants to send only a short message they should be able to.

It might also be cool to separate the pages by sections, for instance, the first 10 pages, personal fan photos with short messages; next 5 pages, fanart; the following pages "Without Yuzu I wouldn't have _____" messages, etc.

37 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

It might also be cool to separate the pages by sections, for instance, the first 10 pages, personal fan photos with short messages; next 5 pages, fanart; the following pages "Without Yuzu I wouldn't have _____" messages, etc.

Yes, this is something to discuss. I think both variants are appropriate and in the end, it depends only on what we choose. Yuzu will like it either way. 

For me, it really doesn't matter. Either we will compile the book as "chapters about satellites" basically, or as a themed notebook of a sort, where there won't be so clear, who did what.

It depends on whether we want a chance for each of us to somehow introduce ourselves (not like "hey, Yuzu, this is me and I want you to aknowledge my existence", but only so that he would see, we are bunch of people of quite different points of view or so...). In such case, each of us should do one page (more or less, of course, no one will be pressured to do a whole page).

If we agree to focus more on the content and not on the satellites, then separating by themes is a good idea.

Edit: Also @VyVy99, you said you did something like that before (more then once). Could you probably share more about those projects so that we can focus on not being so repetitive? Please... :snonegai:

This thread is moving so fast! Just wanted to say that if we continue with the book idea I will be happy to help :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I work in Publishing and I am very used to typesetting and using InDesign and InCopy, so if there’s something I can do to help I will surely do :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Just now, anski said:

This thread is moving so fast! Just wanted to say that if we continue with the book idea I will be happy to help :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I work in Publishing and I am very used to typesetting and using InDesign and InCopy, so if there’s something I can do to help I will surely do :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

:worship: