Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

Ahora, Louitunes said:

What about giving the choice of comment to individual Planet satellites.  Whoever wants to contribute supplies a photo of where they live/photo of pet/drawing or cartoon they created/pic of Yuzu that inspired them etc etc.  Then they add the comment from the planet thread they feel would cheer Yuzu up to go on their page .  Either someone could be nominated to make the decision as to which comments and pics to include or a draft is created and satellites vote on those that they think are most suitably uplifting for Yuzu.

I mean, each satellite will anyway have to "provide" their own page :67638860:.  As for which parts of the threads/comments should be used, we will need the help of our moderators ( @Hydroblade @sallycinnamon @Fay @yuzuangel @robin ) :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:, they have anyway the better overview of this beautiful place.  What do you think guys? Should we go for it?!

And now I'm going to sleep :bed: good night!!:big-bed-smiley: 

1 hour ago, Vulnavia said:

Also, instead of strictly a photo book, in theory it could be like a Best of Planet Hanyu book too featuring some of the best comments from the forum.

we'll have to choose with care...not sure it would be good for him seeing all our thirsting over the The Waist, no matter how humorous it may be... :ohno:

I love the idea of something personalized from the Planet! There are 5000+ of us now, so if even a small percentage of us contribute we can come up with something pretty impressive.

Although I agree with @rockstaryuzu. We'll have to be careful with our comments that we choose. I've made too many comments on here talking about my fondness for LGC hair and the trashbag pants that I'm not sure Yuzu himself would want to read... :notamused:

I just came back from college so let me elaborate on my photobook idea. I'd like it to include fanarts of course, there are many talented people in our fandom. Also, pictures that show that we support him from every corner of the world. And especially I think it would be cool if each of us could write down the impact that knowing and loving Yuzu has had in our lives.
For instance, I know that many people have started studying Japanese and/or practicing skating thanks to him.
Personally, Yuzu has helped me grow a lot in terms of dealing with my anxiety and my nerves in an effective way. Even though I don't do sports at all, his mental strength has been really inspiring to me in other aspects of my life.

Also, he's the only reason why I fell in love with figure skating (and why I even know what it is). I mean, I became a Yuzu fan in 2016 -when I was 16-, until then I had never watched a figure skating performance in my life and I obviously didn't know the name of any skater. I had never seen this sport on tv or in real life, I didn't even know that "ice skaters" could jump. I never imagined I could be such a fan of a winter sport. Every other South American FS fan I know has been introduced to the sport thanks to Yuzu.

Also, we could write down anecdotes of our positive experiences as fans - how we've felt while watching him perform -all the times we've cried of joy and been inspired by him-, the friends we've made thanks to him, etc.
He's probably received millions of messages such as "we love you", "cheer up", "we support you", which are amazing; but I think that describing the impact that he's had on so many lives through real-life examples could be more substantial and unique.

2 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

True, but things like shirts aren't too difficult to do, so in theory we could do both. Planet Hanyu care package with photo book, shirt, and mug for his zunda hot chocolate :war:

22 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I just came back from college so let me elaborate on my photobook idea. I'd like it to include fanarts of course, there are many talented people in our fandom. Also, pictures that show that we support him from every corner of the world. And especially I think it would be cool if each of us could write down the impact that knowing and loving Yuzu has had in our lives.
For instance, I know that many people have started studying Japanese and/or practicing skating thanks to him.
Personally, Yuzu has helped me grow a lot in terms of dealing with my anxiety and my nerves in an effective way. Even though I don't do sports at all, his mental strength has been really inspiring to me in other aspects of my life.

Also, he's the only reason why I fell in love with figure skating (and why I even know what it is). I mean, I became a Yuzu fan in 2016 -when I was 16-, until then I had never watched a figure skating performance in my life and I obviously didn't know the name of any skater. I had never seen this sport on tv or in real life, I didn't even know that "ice skaters" could jump. I never imagined I could be such a fan of a winter sport. Every other South American FS fan I know has been introduced to the sport thanks to Yuzu.

Also, we could write down anecdotes of our positive experiences as fans - how we've felt while watching him perform -all the times we've cried of joy and been inspired by him-, the friends we've made thanks to him, etc.
He's probably received millions of messages such as "we love you", "cheer up", "we support you", which are amazing; but I think that describing the impact that he's had on so many lives through real-life examples could be more substantial and unique.

:iagree:

what we have posted in the "how I became a fan" thread is a good start. Or how we felt watching his program, or reading his interviews, or meeting with fellow fans at competitions and exchanging gifts and hugs with them, our adventures trying to spread the love for figure skating to our family and friends (or for example, @ruruzest working to make her stundents learn about Yuzu:img_20:). I remember some satellites made speeches inspired by him. That's awesome too.

I think it would cheer him to know that not only he is in the thoughts of many people, but he also helps to build a lively, supportive community that can stay strong when he "makes us worry":tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I think the main issue would be keep the message not too long LOL

This planet is so lovely and I cant catch up with so many pages of ideas!  Photo-book will be a great one.  Not sure if these are considered before, perhaps a mug for him to use at home and a water bottle to bring to practice ranks too!  Better not something pricy, as he probably wont want fans spend that way.  Or if it is sth of bigger values, he may prefer receiving donations to his own rink-sponsorship fund, or some north-jp earthquake-recovery or charity funds in his name... 

2 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

Can you imagine? "Dearest Yuzu, to show our support and gratitude to you, please enjoy this 75 page printout of comments about the irresistibility of your waist and the origin of the phrase 'Purple Pants of Sin'."

It does have a certain comedic appeal. :hihi::peek:

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

he may prefer receiving donations to his own rink-sponsorship fund, or some north-jp earthquake-recovery or charity funds in his name... 

I think this is a really great idea and it's something that we could consider doing in addition to something like a photobook. With our strength in numbers we could make an impactful gift even if each person who was able only gave a tiny amount. 

I honestly think the funding for charity is a good idea.

Then maybe we can make a collage/photobook of everyone who met up through the years to support him (Or a video if someone has time)

And put an excess page with a question on the middle:  Where to next? We'll fly together as you "Continues ~ with Wings" Ci -> is this the right winking emoji he came up with for this show?

I know "Continues ~with wings" is awkward grammar but he made it up so might as well use it as a tagline.

I honestly think he would be happy to see a solid proof of the people supporting him that he can browse everyday. He keeps journals right? I have a feeling he will like photo albums too.

Who knows he might have fun going like "Oh this person was here and here too.."

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:worship:

I actually think this would be even harder to do, who would search through the planet and decide which comments should be included or not? I think if we have a specific template to follow it would make it easier to look/read, we would just have to put it together. 

ETA: sorry, I didn't read "strictly" before :facepalm: ...I think it is time fo me to go to bed!!! its midnight and I have to get up really early...

6 hours ago, Louitunes said:

What about giving the choice of comment to individual Planet satellites.  Whoever wants to contribute supplies a photo of where they live/photo of pet/drawing or cartoon they created/pic of Yuzu that inspired them etc etc.  Then they add the comment from the planet thread they feel would cheer Yuzu up to go on their page .  Either someone could be nominated to make the decision as to which comments and pics to include or a draft is created and satellites vote on those that they think are most suitably uplifting for Yuzu.

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

:iagree:

what we have posted in the "how I became a fan" thread is a good start. Or how we felt watching his program, or reading his interviews, or meeting with fellow fans at competitions and exchanging gifts and hugs with them, our adventures trying to spread the love for figure skating to our family and friends (or for example, @ruruzest working to make her stundents learn about Yuzu:img_20:). I remember some satellites made speeches inspired by him. That's awesome too.

I think it would cheer him to know that not only he is in the thoughts of many people, but he also helps to build a lively, supportive community that can stay strong when he "makes us worry":tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I think the main issue would be keep the message not too long LOL

I love this idea. I think, if we do one page for each satellite (not all 5000+ of course :68468287:), it should be composed as a "personal message" of a kind.

We can decide on a basic structure of the page, like adding 1. photo of the place I live, 2. If it wasn't for Yuzuru, I would never have... , ... whatever we choose together.

And then, each of us can personalize the page with something that had an impact on us. Because we are all different and each of us is kind of special, it would be a waste to say: "we are going to do "comment that I like" for each of us and nothing more". I think it would be nice, if every satellite expressed his own personality - some of us can add fanart, some of us anectodes, heartwarming messages, or comments from the forum (in such case, I would prefer for each of us just to choose one that had an impact on us - something inspirational for our life or so), favourite moments... I think that would be really fun to read, Yuzu would get to know us a little, know that we are all different kind of people, but all connected with him...

Edit: and of course, we will have to choose someone (or a group of people), that will go through the messages and review them to make sure it is something that can be sent to Yuzu...

32 minutes ago, raebia said:

If we choose this idea of including meaningful texts or posts — wouldnt it be better to translate longer texts into Japanese for  easy reading? 

He would find someone to translate, though, I am sure...

I don't  know, as someone said, we are international. He is probably good at the listening part of English. And there is always Jason to translate for him... :68468287: