Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

I'm also not too keen on the medal idea because I feel that even if it is not a compensation, he might feel like it is anyway because he is always so hard on himself :13877886:

Argh, this is hard... Anything material feels tricky to me...

17 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

A compilations of pics of the different places where we live (and from where we support him) sounds nice too

I prefer this kind of project personally, even if it seems repetitive with what was done before. A book, a photo album, or a compilation video of messages in our native language + Japanese "subtitles" (from a kind bilingual soul) seems more straightforward to me.

hace 18 minutos , LadyLou said:

mmh, I don't think earphones are a good option because 1) I don't really like the idea of fans doing expensive gifts and 2) if I were knowledgeable and picky about something, I'd prefer to choose myself what to have

Also, based on the idea I have of him, I think he would not want fans to spend too much money on him, and he would appreciate a small gift but filled with our thoughts.

(hey, maybe we could compile Plushy's and Johnny's programs and those of some other skaters he admires and make a dvd to rewatch in his leisure time?:67638860:)

personally, I'd prefer something like a bracelet more than a medal. I know Zhenya received a gold medal from fans and she was very happy and was moved, but I don't know if Yuzuru would appreciate it. Even if we told him it's a symbol of our support, maybe it would still feel to him like a consolation prize after missing gold in Saitama and it would be like one of those canadian silver, a kuyashii medal that makes him feel the need to prove himself worthy instead of being empowered.

As for the meaning of the bracelet, we could add a description to clarify what we mean. Also, and sorry but idk how these things work, how many meanings can stones have in Japan? Is there no way to find something safe, that won't be that far from what he would think?

A compilations of pics of the different places where we live (and from where we support him) sounds nice too, tho maybe I would avoid adding Pooh-san everywhere in the pics (he likes it and he knows we show our support trhowing Pooh, but idk if at a point he get fed up with all the Pooh here pooh there, especially when western media really likes to focus, not always in a positive way, on that). Tho idk in which form that compilation would be made. I was thinking about what iirc ANA had done, using pics of different people (like Yuzuru in different costume) to create an image. I have no idea tho how it could be done, tho, or what image we could create, and it would likely need to be insanely big to have all our pics and for the pics to still be discernible...

wait...I know it's the wrong season, but maybe a cozy printed blanked is another option? Like a quilt with the pics of our places? It would be comfy and useful, and not too much expensive to be a "heavy gift" for him. Or would the print be risky if he's sensitive to some components?:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

actually, I'd love to gift him a nice fluffy kitten, he sometimes looks like he has so much love to give and he has no outlet. I mean, just looking at how he cuddles Pooh, I can easily see him being like that and even sweeter with a living being. Sadly he is allergic:14066882: a bee hive then?:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I totally agree with you!! I disagree with the idea of earphones and the medal for the exact same reaaon you mentioned. We know Yuzu loves real medals but I don't think he'd be fond of fan-made ones

Another idea I'd love is a photobook. With photos of where fanyus live, photos of the most special moments of his career, letters, messages from fans, etc. We know Yuzu likes keeping journals and notebooks so he probably would appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

...but he's still planning to try, if he can,  and also said this: 

"I'll do my best to master the #4A #4Lutz and #4F... I will probably make you all worried for me, but I hope you will keep supporting me."

I personally think that tells us exactly what we need to do. 

Him saying his body is fragile and has a lot of injuries is just him acknowledging his current reality. Him saying he wants to push forward and keep getting better is his statement of what's going to happen, no matter what, if it's in any way humanly possible. I honestly don't think this is the time for telling him 'cheer up'. I think this it the time for telling him 'we have confidence in you, if you say you'll do it, we know you will.' 

Others may think otherwise but the reality is that Hanyu needs our solid confidence in him right now, more than anything. 

First of all I think that we all want to deliver the same message to him: that we love him, trust him and we will support him no matter what. You may see that this gift is showing uncertainty towards him, but I honestly think it’s how we present and design it that channels its message.

Second I think the interview you mentioned is during the small medal ceremony. He has since then taken some additional interviews, all of which went deeper into his psychological state. There are rough translations of Iron Klaus on Twitter that you can check out. 

It’s 3 am guys would love to stay and dicuss but I’m having a test tomorrow and I need to get some sleep~ Pls get on with this exciting project! <3

I feel like this isnt a birthday gift project where we are buying him a present he would wear. if it is a cheer up project, we are definitely implying about what had happened and it is inevitable to feel it is related. But Yuzu isnt a vulnerable person and I believe he knows our gift is coming from a different place so he might appreciate it. maybe we're trying to read his mind too much that in the end we'd think its better off not giving or doing anything 

hace 12 minutos , ICeleste said:

Another idea I'd love is a photobook. With photos of where fanyus live, photos of the most special moments of his career, letters, messages from fans, etc. We know Yuzu likes keeping journals and notebooks so he probably would appreciate it.

:iagree:I support this. A Planet Hanyu photobook. One page for each member, those who wants to participate of course. Probably one picture from the place where you live, one message and maybe an anecdote or something fun? We could include like snippets of some threads with funny stories, for example the one where we list all the things, we wouldn't have done if not for him :biggrin:

Just now, Yuzu_legend said:

:iagree:I support this. A Planet Hanyu photobook. One page for each member, those who wants to participate of course. Probably one picture from the place where you live, one message and maybe an anecdote or something fun? We could include like snippets of some threads with funny stories, for example the one where we list all the things, we wouldn't have done if not for him :biggrin:

This is the idea I prefer. It would make him feel close with his fans more than a nice gift. He opened up and spoke honestly about his struggles, he talked about how much receiving hate pains him, so the only logical response would be to show him our love and gratitude. Let's reciprocate with our own words, let's show him how much he means to us!

I like the idea with a photobook that has pictures in it from all the places we are from ! And on top of the Photobook could stand „ Yuzu we are always together with you „! 

Good Night i have to go to bed it is almost 11 pm and I have to get up at 4 am 

42 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

i agree with your idea but this is no lolll nooo not johnny noo

I had forgotten about Johnny:59227c768286a__s: but Yuzu still loves his skating...:sigh:

6 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I like this. A pic, some fun or touching story, to make him smile when he rifles through the pages...

re: medal

of course I know he loves gold medals, but the medal itself, as an item, has a very strong association with things like competitions, wins and losses. So idk, I feel it could be received with more mixed feelings than something with looser association, like a photobook.. maybe it's me overthinking, but still, if we could go for something safer, I'd prefer it:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

hace 10 minutos , Nottestellata said:

This is the idea I prefer. It would make him feel close with his fans more than a nice gift. He opened up and spoke honestly about his struggles, he talked about how much receiving hate pains him, so the only logical response would be to show him our love and gratitude. Let's reciprocate with our own words, let's show him how much he means to us!

We should definitely include the number of members and the countries and some amazing data like the total number of posts!!

The "Yuzu we are always together with you" and/or "We love you from all over the world" (PH message displayed during CoR medal ceremony) should also be in there!

I also think it would be beautiful if some talented satellite could actually draw/paint a cover for the photobook (I have no idea what it is called but what I mean is the loose "sheet" which usually covers the books!), maybe just use the PH banner, it would look very beautiful...

And yes, my intention would be both, to show him how much we love him and to make him smile while reading with some fun stories as well. :img_21:

3 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Make sure to take the picture using high resolution!! We will need it if we want to create a beautiful photobook with high quality!!:67638860:

I will try my best. However, it is supposed to be cloudy and raining this week. I won't have a beautiful colorful light for this. And I don't know how long I can wait, because I wanted to capture one of the few Sakuras we have here. :idk:

4 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

We should definitely include the number of members and the countries and some amazing data like the total number of posts!!

The "Yuzu we are always together with you" and/or "We love you from all over the world" (PH message displayed during CoR medal ceremony) should also be in there!

I also think it would be beautiful if some talented satellite could actually draw/paint a cover for the photobook (I have no idea what it is called but what I mean is the loose "sheet" which usually covers the books!), maybe just use the PH banner, it would look very beautiful...

And yes, my intention would be both, to show him how much we love him and to make him smile while reading with some fun stories as well. :img_21:

I agree with everything!! This is what would cheer him up the most right now. I bet he was feeling incredibly vulnerable in divulging his sorrows and displaying his physical weakness to the world. Maybe he even thinks that some fans would abandon this "fragile" Yuzuru. He asked for our support so I'm sure PlanetHanyu will come up with something beautiful and heartwarming.