Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

mmh, I don't think earphones are a good option because 1) I don't really like the idea of fans doing expensive gifts and 2) if I were knowledgeable and picky about something, I'd prefer to choose myself what to have

Also, based on the idea I have of him, I think he would not want fans to spend too much money on him, and he would appreciate a small gift but filled with our thoughts.

(hey, maybe we could compile Plushy's and Johnny's programs and those of some other skaters he admires and make a dvd to rewatch in his leisure time?:67638860:)

personally, I'd prefer something like a bracelet more than a medal. I know Zhenya received a gold medal from fans and she was very happy and was moved, but I don't know if Yuzuru would appreciate it. Even if we told him it's a symbol of our support, maybe it would still feel to him like a consolation prize after missing gold in Saitama and it would be like one of those canadian silver, a kuyashii medal that makes him feel the need to prove himself worthy instead of being empowered.

As for the meaning of the bracelet, we could add a description to clarify what we mean. Also, and sorry but idk how these things work, how many meanings can stones have in Japan? Is there no way to find something safe, that won't be that far from what he would think?

A compilations of pics of the different places where we live (and from where we support him) sounds nice too, tho maybe I would avoid adding Pooh-san everywhere in the pics (he likes it and he knows we show our support trhowing Pooh, but idk if at a point he get fed up with all the Pooh here pooh there, especially when western media really likes to focus, not always in a positive way, on that). Tho idk in which form that compilation would be made. I was thinking about what iirc ANA had done, using pics of different people (like Yuzuru in different costume) to create an image. I have no idea tho how it could be done, tho, or what image we could create, and it would likely need to be insanely big to have all our pics and for the pics to still be discernible...

wait...I know it's the wrong season, but maybe a cozy printed blanked is another option? Like a quilt with the pics of our places? It would be comfy and useful, and not too much expensive to be a "heavy gift" for him. Or would the print be risky if he's sensitive to some components?:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

actually, I'd love to gift him a nice fluffy kitten, he sometimes looks like he has so much love to give and he has no outlet. I mean, just looking at how he cuddles Pooh, I can easily see him being like that and even sweeter with a living being. Sadly he is allergic:14066882: a bee hive then?:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Those are lovely suggestions...but did you guys here him in those post-competition interviews? He's burning with fire to continue and get better - and doesn't sound particularly down.  So I personally think the best cheer we could give him,  is to assure him that even though we're going to lose all our hair worrying about his injuries, we're with him all the way to whatever stratosphere he wants to rocket off to next. 

he's said he's back to his own 'origin' of wanting to win and overcome strong opponents again. I guess you could say we're about to see the genesis of Yuzu 2.0. 

So, how about a t-shirt with a suitable design along the theme of 'where ever he goes, we're with Yuzu 2.0' ? 

Idk if you’ve read the latest interview about him holding his body together and don’t know how far he’ll be able to push himself, but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty hard for him atm.

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Even if we told him it's a symbol of our support, maybe it would still feel to him like a consolation prize after missing gold in Saitama and it would be like one of those canadian silver, a kuyashii medal that makes him feel the need to prove himself worthy instead of being empowered.

As for the meaning of the bracelet, we could add a description to clarify what we mean. Also, and sorry but idk how these things work, how many meanings can stones have in Japan? Is there no way to find something safe, that won't be that far from what he would think?

Maybe there's no need to mention Saitama at all, or saying that he is "Our Champion".

Perhaps we could say something about how proud we are of him, coming back after his injuries, how happy we are to see him skate and how we will support him even if "it's hard" (like he said on an interview recently?). No mention of Beijing or even next season either, it might not be necessary. Just something to convey our support.

I can investigate the stones thing :P

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Yeah, in the bracelet that has a ton of different stones.

Okay then. 

(And sorry again. It's just that I am personaly very sensitive to stones and some of them are making me sick. Don't know how Yuzu would react.)

14 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

actually, I'd love to gift him a nice fluffy kitten, he sometimes looks like he has so much love to give and he has no outlet. I mean, just looking at how he cuddles Pooh, I can easily see him being like that and even sweeter with a living being. Sadly he is allergic:14066882: a bee hive then?:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Maybe a kitty plushie instead? Instead of Pooh we could get him a kitty plushie :animated-smileys-animals-047:

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Idk if you’ve read the latest interview about him holding his body together and don’t know how far he’ll be able to push himself, but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty hard for him atm.

...but he's still planning to try, if he can,  and also said this: 

"I'll do my best to master the #4A #4Lutz and #4F... I will probably make you all worried for me, but I hope you will keep supporting me."

I personally think that tells us exactly what we need to do. 

Him saying his body is fragile and has a lot of injuries is just him acknowledging his current reality. Him saying he wants to push forward and keep getting better is his statement of what's going to happen, no matter what, if it's in any way humanly possible. I honestly don't think this is the time for telling him 'cheer up'. I think this it the time for telling him 'we have confidence in you, if you say you'll do it, we know you will.' 

Others may think otherwise but the reality is that Hanyu needs our solid confidence in him right now, more than anything. 

On the stones topic, since I mentioned pearls in the other thread (since some world's finest pearls come from Japan), I'll also bring over the quote about their symbolism.

Pearls symbolize wisdom acquired through experience. They are believed to attract wealth and luck as well as offer protection. Known for their calming effect, pearls can balance one's karma, strengthen relationships, and keep children safe. The pearl is also said to symbolize the purity, generosity, integrity, and loyalty of its wearer.

I do like the idea of something along those lines, although I also get the argument that this may be something too personal to choose for someone else.