Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

1. You guys are reading too much into it. When you receive a gift from a whole community, you’ll naturally use things that links you and them to explain the gift. The link between us and Yuzu is his skating career, so he knows where to refer. So no matter what we are designing, necklaces or earphones, he knows we’re basing it on our connection to him, and he won’t oversee it into something else.

2. Yes I do think a medal is the easiest option, a quite direct gift and message that doesn’t have to be molded into context. 

I agree with this. If it comes from his fans i think it's pretty obvious that it intends to convey support, love and appreciation. And he can draw that energy from whatever we give to him. (I still think that the earphones are too tricky >__< CIEMs seems to be the best choice and we can't make him go and get fitted lol)

And in regards of 2, i think that something like that might be the best choice. Giving him something that "he will use" and that would give us a confirmation that he got it might be asking too much. I doubt he would show "preference" from a group of fans in such way, it might put him in a tricky situation too.

Plus I think with the gift as a medal, we can raise fund easily even outside the Planet, like most times we do projects that invited many fans.

And oh, we can include a pretty popular gift too: Name a star after him and send him its destination.

Plus I think with the gift as a medal, we can raise fund easily even outside the Planet, like most times we do projects that invited many fans.

And oh, we can include a pretty popular gift too: Name a star after him and send him its destination.

Oh, I love that, that’s amazing! But isn’t the name of stars decided by the IAU, can you actually buy the right to name a star? 

6 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

2 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

can you actually buy the right to name a star? 

I'm in a fandom where some people did this and they received a lot of criticism because it's not "official" and they kept commenting on how it was "a scam" so i'm not sure it is a good idea...

6 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

Oh, I love that, that’s amazing! But isn’t the name of stars decided by the IAU, can you actually buy the right to name a star? 

But of course, fans have been doing it since 2012 XD There are billions of stars on the sky, you just have to choose one and register it. Usually ppl pick a star that has some link to the person, may its quadrant is same as the birthday, or it lays on a special path or zodiac stars etc. It’s been a long time I forgot those stuff, but even normal ppl gift it to their loved ones iirc.

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm in a fandom where some people did this and they received a lot of criticism because it's not "official" and they kept commenting on how it was "a scam" so i'm not sure it is a good idea...

Really?? I don’t see the big deal abt it though like family members also do it XD It’s just a star on the sky that you most likely can’t even distinct. 

But ok so the medal is set?

10 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I confirmed with local planetarium site. The naming is only a commercial thing and IAU does not allow naming any stars (free or paid).

Just now, VyVy99 said:

Really?? I don’t see the big deal abt it though like family members also do it XD It’s just a star on the sky that you most likely can’t even distinct. 

But ok so the medal is set?

It is a usually chill fandom so yeah... I imagine it could get worse among Yuzu fans:slinkaway:

Guys, what if we give him a bracelet/wristband/necklace or something like that? We know he likes those and he thinks they're meaningful... It should be golden of course and it could have a special engraved message or symbol.

I think it's also a great idea for the project to mention all of the countries where satellites are from. For instance I don't know if Yuzu is even aware of the fact that he has crazy South American fans like me lmao

But of course, fans have been doing it since 2012 XD There are billions of stars on the sky, you just have to choose one and register it. Usually ppl pick a star that has some link to the person, may its quadrant is same as the birthday, or it lays on a special path or zodiac stars etc. It’s been a long time I forgot those stuff, but even normal ppl gift it to their loved ones iirc.

I see... So who is it that is selling the right to name these stars? Is there a universal register? I’ve never heard of this before...

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:
  Hide contents

Here is what was discussed so far

Those are lovely suggestions...but did you guys hear him in those post-competition interviews? He's burning with fire to continue and get better - and doesn't sound particularly down.  So I personally think the best cheer we could give him,  is to assure him that even though we're going to lose all our hair worrying about his injuries, we're with him all the way to whatever stratosphere he wants to rocket off to next. 

AND he's said he's back to his own 'origin' of wanting to win and overcome strong opponents again. I guess you could say we're about to see the genesis of Yuzu 2.0. 

So, how about a t-shirt with a suitable design along the theme of 'where ever he goes, we're with Yuzu 2.0' ? 

And yes, I do realize that I might just be proposing the fanyu version of an 'I'm with stupid' T-shirt...more like, 'I'm with crazy'....

Just now, 4Nessie said:

I confirmed with local planetarium site. The naming is only a commercial thing and IAU does not allow naming any stars (free or paid).

Hmm, then perhaps only ppl who discovers a star can name it like they say.