Yuzu (Post-Saitama) Cheer Project

4Nessie

Just now, Vulnavia said:

On the earphones idea, instead of trying to figure out which actual earphones the world's leading expert on earphones might like, maybe a fancy custom earphone case? With a message engraved?

Oh, THAT is the great idea!!!

So now we have to set on the ideas. Tbh I’m torn bw earphones and the medal. Earphones is classy and he loves them, he can use them but it’s also expensive and risky. Medal is easier to tackle but not as close and friendly?

2 minutes ago, Vulnavia said:

On the earphones idea, instead of trying to figure out which actual earphones the world's leading expert on earphones might like, maybe a fancy custom earphone case? With a message engraved?

But for us to come together for a fund wouldn’t an earphone case be a bit smaller than proportion??? Again asking as someone with zero knowledge. How much do they cost?

2 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

So now we have to set on the ideas. Tbh I’m torn bw earphones and the medal. Earphones is classy and he loves them, he can use them but it’s also expensive and risky. Medal is easier to tackle but not as close and friendly?

So can we do the earphone case as @Vulnavia said with an engraved something (medal)? 0:)

Just now, VyVy99 said:

I think the earphones are tricky, i've skimmed the reviews of some of his earphones and the problem is that they can fall off. Customs make more sense to him because he uses them while practicing and warming up, where he needs to move around a lot.

Another necklace maybe?

8 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

i prefer medal personally but we can get both :hihi:

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think the earphones are tricky, i've skimmed the reviews of some of his earphones and the problem is that they can fall off. Customs make more sense to him because he uses them while practicing and warming up, where he needs to move around a lot.

Another necklace maybe?

But if we have Japanese fans, the store he goes to has made customs for him before right?

So abt the necklace, what is the theme then, I was thinking of a satellite along with the description explaining the name, but then again it doesn’t seem to be the official fandom name...

I have a problem with the necklaces... imho, it is tricky to do that, particularly because of the symbolism. This is something very personal and we have no idea about Yuzu's internal beliefs. I would be careful to give him something like that, because every symbolism can be recieved differently by different people. And from my personal experience, when I seek something like that, it has to speak to me. Yuzu is very emotional and giving him something that could probably interfere with his (soul, spirit, chi, call it as you want...), would not be what we want...

1 minute ago, VyVy99 said:

But if we have Japanese fans, the store he goes to has made customs for him before right?

So abt the necklace, what is the theme then, I was thinking of a satellite along with the description explaining the name, but then again it doesn’t seem to be the official fandom name...

lol i always refer myself as a fanyu. im empowering this name

official fandom name...

Well, we wouldn't be giving it on behalf of all his fans, just... all 3k+ of us?

IMO, giving him something he "could use" is tricky because we don't really know him, and personal gifts like that can be tricky. I'm sure he would appreciate the sentiment behind it but still it would be hard to give him something he will really use.

1. You guys are reading too much into it. When you receive a gift from a whole community, you’ll naturally use things that links you and them to explain the gift. The link between us and Yuzu is his skating career, so he knows where to refer. So no matter what we are designing, necklaces or earphones, he knows we’re basing it on our connection to him, and he won’t oversee it into something else.

2. Yes I do think a medal is the easiest option, a quite direct gift and message that doesn’t have to be molded into context. 

2. Yes I do think a medal is the easiest option, a quite direct gift and message that doesn’t have to be molded into context. 

Yeah, it seems that this would be the best option afterall. :xD: