2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

Its a nice song but I think its fit better as an SP. They need to mix it with another song to work for a LP imo. Its quite safe  (slow music) and challenge choice (require him to be more emotional) at the same time. It would more interesting if he really understand the lyrics. I'm curious to see angst Shoma lol

Oblivion is one of my favorite things by Piazzolla, but I am generally against the idea that the same choreography can be used with different music. In my opinion, when a choreographer creates a program, he (or she) interprets that particular piece of music. Good choreography simply cannot be used without its original music. Yes, Liza has her own style and Shae definitely took this into account, but this does not solve everything.

In general, I just feel sad.

39 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Oblivion is one of my favorite things by Piazzolla, but I am generally against the idea that the same choreography can be used with different music. In my opinion, when a choreographer creates a program, he (or she) interprets that particular piece of music. Good choreography simply cannot be used without its original music. Yes, Liza has her own style and Shae definitely took this into account, but this does not solve everything.

In general, I just feel sad.

And I find the whole situation hilarious. Mishin has had a few choreos for his skaters slaughtered, but this is taking the whole thing to a new level. Mind you, by the time Liza skates, they might discard the whole Shae Lynn choreo line.