2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

Oh man, I feel like a very grumpy old lady who doesn’t like ANYTHING watching those three programs. :13877886:

I agree with the critiques of Alina’s and Nathan’s programs — they don’t fit the music. Alina’s interpretation was very one note (pained eyebrows) to me, Nathan’s looked like his two previous SPs. As for Rika’s FS... I like parts of it here and there but that’s part of the problem, how disjointed it is. And the theme makes me cringe. I hope she can pull it off, I think she might need to start working with her face more too? Idk, maybe I’ll love it in the future, there is a lot to work with but right now I’m not a happy camper. Early in the season etc, which goes for all of them I guess.

Rika's fs is truly disjointed at first impression. im a little worried seeing how ambitious and challenging it was. it is still early so i will reserve my final criticism but just going with what i saw, it didnt impress me seeing it as a whole program as much as it did as individual cuts. she def needs to work on her expression, thats her main weakness. Im also confused about what she is trying to express through this program, what was the theme? I feel like this reminds me of Seimei with less clear structure, direction, and flow. the program is so challenging that I feel it takes a skater with more experience and maturity to interpret. I really hope Rika can make it work and developed as the season progresses. Her strengths are definitely in her technique and movements though. Like she does everything really well minus her expression that seems totally disconnected. Her two programs this season will be super interesting because the music choices are totally not universally appealing but refreshing to say the least. 

alina's sp music isnt my cup of tea but its better than I expected of her sp. I like her jump set ups. She has better expressions here. Costume is gorgeous but like someone already mentioned, too revealing for her age. But her team has always given her a more sexy and mature image so Im not surprised. 

13 hours ago, airi said:

Rika's FS from The ICE

It's gonna be sooo ambitious program, I just hope she really can skate it clean.

DTUGFVHCVVHBJGSOUVPHNDK,XDJMZBCSGFHISHEYHSJ

That 3a fall was scary.:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

I'm not a fan of programs with Big MeaningTM behind them, so I hoped that choreo won't be too literal. Tho it could be much worse. I can live with this.

Music cut in the middle of StSq is a big no-no for me.:noshake:

And ooof, the cuts! I guess this has to show the diversity of  world that is united by angel, but because of that the cohesion of program walks on thin ice. Add to this small rink, less transitions (because ice show) and problems with jumps and I'm really not surprised that it lacks flow right now. Can't wait to see it in competition.

ChSq - 3lo - spin with hand on music accent is very cool.:dancingpooh:

And because Rika isn't natural performer (and because reports about jumps) I thought that she will perform much worse.

Axel lords start their programs with a gong. It's DESTINY!!

And now Rika and Alena are demon-angel sisters.:68468287:

В 03.08.2019 в 12:56, airi сказал:

Rika's FS from The ICE

It's gonna be sooo ambitious program, I just hope she really can skate it clean.

For now I liked the Storm better, a lot of different music cuts here and chnges of choreo bother me so I don't feel the overall theme, but maybe it will grow on me.

I really wanna see Kaotrix though!

6 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

Shoma will be using his Great Spritis EX for his SP. 

Mystery of the “like an EX” solved!

And now it's a pity I won't be at CoR's SP day, this has a potential to be fun ))

13 minutes ago, airi said:

Wait, Shoma really is skating to Great Spirit as SP? That's not a joke? It will be interesting, huh.

Apparently it is what he answered to a question from the MC during the Ice. There is still a little bit of doubt as whether it is a misunderstanding or not (background noise, etc.), but if it is true... It's quite unexpected :eek:

33 минуты назад, cirelle сказал:

Kaori!

Yay! I can't say the choreo itself is that much super interesting (that 0.5 sec へ was just funny), but if Kaori will skate it with full energy it can be great like Waka's Skyfall. I can't help but love lady's programs that have drive ))