2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

I wonder if this influx of SLB choreographies is a direct result of her success with working with Yuzuru and if so is it the same for Jeffrey? like Yuzuru's fame brought her name up front maybe?Although she has worked a lot already before him so she's not exactly a newcomer.

This said even if the choreographer is the same the skater is not and let's be honest Seimei was the son of a very good choregrapher and an out of this world skater(as it wa sOrigin to me),but in general  I really like what SLB does :of course like every artist she won't be able to create a masterpiece all the time but that's fine by me.

That leap by Evgenia made me think too about Otonal ,I even went and rewatched Orign to be sure(big sacrifice) but I didn't find it ,then again creating completely new steps or movements is hard.

That sliding down on her kness made me think of Rika's beautiful storm of course but that was DW right?

26 minutes ago, Lambari said:

But the only part that I can think of is the one-foot axel at the Otonal step sequence, which was by Jeffrey not Shae Lynn.  Evgenia also enters backwards in hers. Or do you have a moment in Origin that reminded you of this leap by Evgenia? 

What about the original Origin from ACI? He had a few leaps in there that he took out... and be it from the front or the back entry, it's still a leap that looks similar to me.

Jeff never does half of amount programs Shae took this season. Working with Yuzuru make more people know about Shae but she already did choreo for top skaters before him. I dont know, maybe alot skaters want to change their style and Shae is known for up beat, morden programs. She did programs for top 2 men (Yuzuru, Nathan) and it might contribute abit. But I agree it seem too many at this point, like its easier to list skaters who dont have choreo from her this season. Benoit seem to be the#2 popular choice.

Beautiful storm was by Tom Dickson. I wish we could see more programs from him, although i heard he's abit picky. 

The choreographer can be a great help - provided the flag is right reputation counts for a lot and seems to transcend actual performance.  I had great hopes of ‘Nemesis’, thought it was potentially Chen’s ‘ Parisan’ but all he did was whittle away at the choreography as that season progressed until all that was left were jumps. Still got marked as though the choreography was actually performed when it wasn’t and had to bomb all jumps to get marked down.  Which is why although Nathan seems like a nice kid, balancing Yale, quad quad, x2 WC, blah blah, he’s not a great skater for me, but a box ticker. 

This account is reporting Team Japan's programs for this season https://twitter.com/AxelQuadruple

Kaori Sakamoto : 

SP : No root,  choreo by Shae Lynn

LP : The Matrix, choreo by Benoit Richaud

Mai Mihara

SP :  La Gitana, choreo by David Wilson

LP : Fairy of the Forest / Galaxy piano version, choreo by Lori Nichol

Yuna Shiraiwa :

SP Concertino Bianco, choreo by Stephane Lambiel

LP- Amen OST, choreo by Benoit Richaud

Mako Yamashita :

SP : last season's program 

LP : Scent of a woman, choreo by Mihoko Higuchi

Keiji Tanaka

SP : Hip Hip Chin Chin, choreo by Massimo Scali

LP- Sherlock Holmes OST, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto

Koshiro Shimada :

SP : Stay by Oliver Tompsett, choreo by Sarah Dolan

LP : The Artist, choreo by Stephane Lambiel

Wakaba Higuchi
SP: Bird Set Free by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FP: Poeta by Massimo Scali

Yuhana Yokoi
SP: OST of Ten Dark Women by Misao Sato
FP: Phantom of the Opera by Miho Kawaume

Marin Honda
SP: Seven Nation Army by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FP: OST of La La Land by Lori Nichol

4 hours ago, Katt said:

This account is reporting Team Japan's programs for this season https://twitter.com/AxelQuadruple

Kaori Sakamoto : 

SP : No root,  choreo by Shae Lynn

LP : The Matrix, choreo by Benoit Richaud

Mai Mihara

SP :  La Gitana, choreo by David Wilson

LP : Fairy of the Forest / Galaxy piano version, choreo by Lori Nichol

Yuna Shiraiwa :

SP Concertino Bianco, choreo by Stephane Lambiel

LP- Amen OST, choreo by Benoit Richaud

Mako Yamashita :

SP : last season's program 

LP : Scent of a woman, choreo by Mihoko Higuchi

Keiji Tanaka

SP : Hip Hip Chin Chin, choreo by Massimo Scali

LP- Sherlock Holmes OST, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto

Koshiro Shimada :

SP : Stay by Oliver Tompsett, choreo by Sarah Dolan

LP : The Artist, choreo by Stephane Lambiel

Matrix! Loving Kaori’s programmes 😍😍 The upbeat and contemporary music really suits her 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

@sweetwater Thanks for the clarification. 

Sorry! Didn’t realise I posted in the wrong thread! :facepalm: So much info coming out. 

No worries, I moved some posts in the other thread and hid those that were duplicate. :thumbsup:

There are some promising music choices in Team Japan! Matrix could be a good choice for Kaori because it's modern and upbeat, also well-known but not really a warhorse (at least it was not used in the past few years too often).

Not sure if this piece is Yuna's SP music, but if yes, it's very pretty:

Spoiler

I'm curious about The Artist for Koshiro, the SP is very lyrical. Sherlock Holmes could be a good choice for Keiji.

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I am a bit confused because he said earlier that his choreos would be done in August? He doesn't talk about the music here but the programs. Maybe the basics of the programs are ready and he'd finish the choreo with them in August? I don't know.

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

No worries, I moved some posts in the other thread and hid those that were duplicate. :thumbsup:

There are some promising music choices in Team Japan! Matrix could be a good choice for Kaori because it's modern and upbeat, also well-known but not really a warhorse (at least it was not used in the past few years too often).

Not sure if this piece is Yuna's SP music, but if yes, it's very pretty:

Reveal hidden contents

I am a bit confused because he said earlier that his choreos would be done in August? He doesn't talk about the music here but the programs. Maybe the basics of the programs are ready and he'd finish the choreo with them in August? I don't know.

I think its more like the style/ theme of those programs. He's just back to japan from Eteri's camp, pretty sure he hasnt get his choreo yet, at least the SP since Shae worked with Mariah last week.