2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

It looks like Sota plans to upgrade his layout quite a lot :10636614:(crossing fingeres for him to be able to do so). I liked the little inputs Camerlengo was giving (at least what we've seen), and I look forward to see the programs!

unrelated, but wow can't believe Sota is on his way to offical adulthood this season:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg: the image I have of him is still the teen from youth olympics and even if he's grown a lot I still have this cognitive dissonance:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

I like Loena's new program, I think she'll make it work (I mean, she made Celine Dion work so...)

I kinda see where Boyang wants to go with the SP (tho of course i expect jumps to change) but first half is just uninteresting to me rn (at first I was kinda ?? at the split jump during stsq, I know it's there to show variety in the vertical space but felt like too "loud" for the music, and I still feel that some other type of split jump or leap could look better that...)

18 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Boyang’s new SP (but old costume)

Not a fan of the music choice but I don't hate it either. The program does need some work especially in the first half which is rather empty and have poor ice coverage (but it is very early to judge anyway). I have to say though I am very happy with the improvement in his upper body movement. He is not flailing his arms as choreography and is using his entire body more effectively. I pray for a good season for him and for his jumps to behave. He worked really hard on all aspects of his skating but his improvement is not being rewarded at all because of the jumps and flag.

Best of luck Boyang  :cheer:

10 hours ago, Yume said:

I have to say that this choice is a pleasant surprise for me.

Interesting choice for Alina. Not sure what to expect from it and Daniil. This kind of music will require her to hold her position and use big and sustained movement which is not her strength or Daniils usual choreography. If they did this correctly, it can be really good and maybe I will finally like a program of hers. But if they went the usual rout of jamming too much into the program then it could be a disaster. So please do this right, Alina deserves it

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Shae has choreographed Mariah Bell’s FS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz16sIMjIb6UB4wpCPY4G64R5f8EraYUzIEa_U0/

I'm getting anxious on behalf of Shae Lynn. Just how many programs is she choreographing this season?? It seems that several skaters suddenly flocked to her and Benoit. Hopefully she doesn't burn out and can come up with creative ideas again.  On the other hand I feel that there aren't many top skaters working wih David Wilson. I remember Jason and Alexia Paganini, probably Chan Junhwan again.

3 hours ago, Lambari said:

I'm getting anxious on behalf of Shae Lynn. Just how many programs is she choreographing this season?? It seems that several skaters suddenly flocked to her and Benoit. Hopefully she doesn't burn out and can come up with creative ideas again.  On the other hand I feel that there aren't many top skaters working wih David Wilson. I remember Jason and Alexia Paganini, probably Chan Junhwan again.

Not to mention her injury around the start of FaOI, when she choreographed Masquerade. I hope she has recovered from it already.

I'm not a fan of this mass production either. Just cannot imagine that she has the time, energy and creativity to do all the research work and detailed choreo as she did with Seimei back in 2015...

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Not to mention her injury around the start of FaOI, when she choreographed Masquerade. I hope she has recovered from it already.

I'm not a fan of this mass production either. Just cannot imagine that she has the time, energy and creativity to do all the research work and detailed choreo as she did with Seimei back in 2015...

I do feel uneasy as well but of course if she accepted all of the offers then she does feel capable of handling all of this work.  I don't know how is her process but choreographers usually do revisions throughout the season and I guess this will be hard to manage, considering that she's working with skaters from multiple nationalities/training centers.  Her workload will be greatly increased compared to past seasons and when it's a job involving a creative process specially in the span of months it's difficult to not become repetitive. There's of course criticism of the choreographies from Daniil being repetitive for example and I wonder how much of that is not only because of lack of originality per se but because he does a ton of programs per season if you include juniors, novice etc.  

14 minutes ago, liv said:

Even in that short clip of Med's program you can see a leap similar to what was in Yuzu's program last year.... so in just one example we see similar stuff from Shae. I didnt like that. 

Which part? I didn't catch that. 

1 hour ago, Lambari said:

Which part? I didn't catch that. 

At the part near the beginning, before she goes down on her knees. Obviously, this leap is like a baby hop and nowhere near Yuzu's but the concept/attempted position is similar.

2 hours ago, liv said:

At the part near the beginning, before she goes down on her knees. Obviously, this leap is like a baby hop and nowhere near Yuzu's but the concept/attempted position is similar.

But the only part that I can think of is the one-foot axel at the Otonal step sequence, which was by Jeffrey not Shae Lynn.  Evgenia also enters backwards in hers. Or do you have a moment in Origin that reminded you of this leap by Evgenia?