2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

I am a bit worried about Kostornaya's program change, I don't know if it has anything to do with her recovery. 

Dima's FS choice is good (even if it'll remind me of J/C's FS...), that cover of Sound of Silence might suit his skating style - I also hope the choreo will be nice. But the SP choice is not very promising. I have the feeling we've heard Mozart rock opera so many times in the past few seasons. :13877886:

Is Nam's choice confirmed? I haven't seen the IG Story, so I don't know the source. I always like the Beatles, but I hope we'll hear something different other than Come Together/Let It Be/Yesterday/Help. :D 

20 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Hide contents

So... no music about Cleopatra? Or even the right time period? :mellow:  I'm imagining an Egyptian cliché overload - but I really hope I'm wrong. After the POTO cuts, Alina deserves a good music this time. Hopefully it is just me being pessimistic, because done well it has potential.

I'm hopeful about Alina, as long as they don't butcher the Jarre music (which would be unforgiveable, at least to this film score fanatic, and having listened to the fine on its own but NOT complementary Hicham piece... we'll see) The Lawrence music I do think will suit her very well.  And if she goes to Hollywood/TV for costume inspiration, there have been some glorious - totally unhistoric, but glorious - ones for her to draw from....

I'm actually not mad at Alina's program. I'm even kinda excited! It may be cliche, but at least it's not Carmen. And I imagine her dress will be beautiful – I am a hardcore Eteri disliker (not to say hater, but I hate her approach to throwing away her students once they turn 17-18), but her team has the most stunning dresses. The music itself I feel is ok, maybe not actually period of time appropriate but still ok. What I am super worried about is the music cuts. Please be good. Please give this poor girl ONE program that is original, not stolen and shows her talents well. She deserves so much better. And hope Danil is not stealing this one, but I'm not really sure he learnt his lesson. 

What I am super displeased and shocked is, WHAT? Alena's long will now be Twilight? Excuse me? She's the best they have. She's a great performer. And they give her Twilight? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: I liked the previous choice better :<

1 minute ago, Vivianne said:

What I am super displeased and shocked is, WHAT? Alena's long will now be Twilight? Excuse me? She's the best they have. She's a great performer. And they give her Twilight? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: I liked the previous choice better :<

Twilight for a teen girl seems like an actually appropriate choice. The music is great, those shitty movies had genuinely good music. There's a character she can play, or just put on a vampire show. I see it as opportunity to show off her performance skills and I hate the books/movies as much as the next person. Looking at the music pieces chosen, I'm more worried about Trusova's Game of Thrones because it sounds just like 3/4 of everything Daniil has ever done.

3 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Twilight for a teen girl seems like an actually appropriate choice. The music is great, those shitty movies had genuinely good music. There's a character she can play, or just put on a vampire show. I see it as opportunity to show off her performance skills and I hate the books/movies as much as the next person. Looking at the music pieces chosen, I'm more worried about Trusova's Game of Thrones because it sounds just like 3/4 of everything Daniil has ever done.

She promises to be Bella. 

16 hours ago, Yume said:

Seems like most of recent cleopatra programs don't have music from cleopatra or has some musics that has nothing about cleopatra.

I don't mind, as long as the the music is good and the sound fits. Maybe the movies about Cleopatra didn't  have memorable, skatable music.

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I actually enjoy Twilight kind of, so it's not that I dislike it bc it's a horrible movie (it IS a horrible movie but I have a sentiment for it, it's kind of guilty pleasure for me). I just think it's very shallow and uninteresting music. I personally feel it's much easier to make a "show" to music such as this and it's not really seen as challenging and difficult. Or maybe it's not that, but I feel that the choreo can be made very cheesy and very horrible to this piece easily. And Danil isn't the greatest choreographer to be honest. I mean ofc I have to see the program first, but seeing the EX I am very worried. As for you can't pack all the stupid Twilight shit in a FS program just wait. If he can shamelessly steal, copy and butcher music cuts, I would not underestimate his ability to make this program as hideous as possible

As for Trusova shockingly, I like it! I feel like the music suits her and although I would maybe like to see something else from her, rather than another 'badass' music choice, I think it's pretty ok for her senior debut.