2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

So, we have Einaudi (endless experience) and Roxane (Kazuki, why are you doing this with us? :headdesk:). But I can't believe that we still don't have any Carmen or Swan Lake this season (or maybe I missed something). Our bingo feels incomplete. And with musicals for the rhythmic dance I am waiting for at least three POTO (hopefully not in in one competition). 

On 6/30/2019 at 4:38 PM, Katt said:

The stsq/chsq are the highlights but the rest is bland. And some parts looked awkward to me.   

Kazuki's MR is actually quite interesting when viewed without music 😅 I guess I am that easy to please huh, a sufficient amount of steps and a nice line et voilà! The monotony however sets in once you view it with the music — his amount and manner of movement is the same no matter how the music goes (ie. no synchronicity between the music and the choreo, a mismatch in the interpretation). I mean, the choreo can simply have him move in a delicate, gliding manner in the slow parts and then move energetically and with more snap into his choreo in the fast parts (this all, of course, is with the assumption that the music cuts was adequate). That's not what happened with the choreo. He performed with the same intensity throughout the program. I sure hope they can vary the choreo more (ie. matches it better with the music), but let's just see if that will really happen... :shrug:

As for the music, I...don't have anything with the source material to begin with. Can the music cut be better? Sure, I guess. What's certain is that the edit feels a bit disjointed in the middle. At least they didn't try to make a MR digest ala sambo's POTO digest I guess...