2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

This is my opinion and that music sounds like this to me. We don't have to like or dislike the same things. And yes, IMO, again, oriental music doesn't fit Satoko or Rika. 

It's not about liking or not. I simply don't see anything "oriental" (like you said) in Rika's SP.

Satton: I think that she definitely can do hip hop. I even thought recently that after all her elegant programs maybe this is finally time for a big change. And it's great that she is challenging herself. It's only this egyptian thing that needs to go.:14066882:

Rika: People see Baghdad in title and jump into conclusions. I think this program is much more abstract. And dark. By looking at it this way it's very Rika.:agree2: And I don't think it's not possible to skate to it (Wakaba would do wonders with it), but for Rika it may be too early. Looks like she still not quite know how to interpret it. On other hand it's still May and I trust Hamada team that they will help her and during GP it will look even better.;)

Now I remembered how people were calling her Clair de Lune boring. Now you have not-boring program.:black-wings-smiley:

*comes back to praying for Yuna's program*

I'm no fan of the programs from Satoko or Rika, at this point. I'm hoping it's because it's early in the season and I"ll grow to like them. I definitely don't like Rika's music (it hurts my ears.. and I like belly dance music, I used to take belly dancing!!) although Satoko's is a bit better. I just don't find anything remarkable about either one... but ( I like to give the benefit of the doubt) perhaps it's because they're just learning them and shows are a great way to figure out what works...

...and, well, at least they're trying something new. We always complain about warhorses and we didn't get warhorses with these 2 programs, so for that we should be thankful, I suppose. And really, few skaters can knock it out of the park every year...

It's still so early to say much about Rika's or Satton's programs, by the time the season and the first competitions starts we'll see more. Both music choices are original and something new for them at least. Rika's SP is a very interesting mix of modern jazz with bossa nova elements in it - which I think is a very challenging choice for her.