2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

read elsewhere he’s using Philip Mills for the choreo

Hmmm. Not really a fan. But let's see I guess. I thought it might be Bourne, and I would have been dampened a little because it could have turned out to be predictable. OTOH, he's using Ge for the LP, and while I would have been impressed with him for the music choice, I wouldn't have trusted his ability to do anything with this at all. I think they might go for a jazz-oriented character piece with this given Tomono's personality (at least he goes for those funky exhibitions).

Stepanova/Bukin FD choreo by Zhuk/Svinin (coaches):smiley-happy093:

Wе have already done new free dance, but this is the rough version.

This time we did a free program ourselves. We won’t talk in detail about it yet. The only thing I can say is that the program is dynamic, it goes very quickly. Even Sasha was surprised: “Have we really put all the elements?” 

https://fs-gossips.com/new-free-dance-for-stepanova-and-bukin-is-gonna-be-very-dynamic/

6 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

A Star is Born is officially a warhorse, now.

And I find this hilarious because when I first read your post I thought, what the heck is A Star is Born? Lol. Like I haven't heard that frickin' music for forever this past year... and yet, whish!!!! already out of my head, lol. It hasn't been played as much the last few weeks so I guess my mind was taking a break from it until the figure skating season begins....

Andrew Torgashev's programs for next season: 

SP: "Bloodstream" by Tokio Myers

"I have been watching America’s Got Talent and I saw Tokio Myer perform his composition and it was amazing. It mixes a classic Clair de Lune with a very strong hip-hop beat. I thought this was different than what anyone has ever seen or done and I wanted to challenge myself and do something very original."

FS: Tosca by Puccini (perf. Luciano Pavarotti)

"I’ve been wanting to skate to Tosca for a very long time, but I’ve been waiting until my skating has matured enough to capture the strength of the music. I believe that I can match the strength of the music with the quality and maturity of my skating." 

He himself choreographed the programs.

http://figureskatersonline.com/andrewtorgashev/my-2019-2020-season-programs-are/

12 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

McGregor is enthusiastic about Kazuki’s choice. 

https://twitter.com/WayneMcGregor/status/1128988938125881345

He would be ;) I hope Tomono has some interesting choreography. I doubt anyone skating at all has the dance training to pull any of that McGregor dance off, but it does give great opportunity for creation and storyline even with a lot less training. A very versatile choice, IMO.

ETA: McGregor wants to choreograph him?! :eek:

I guess I am excited about what Torgashyev does for himself, too, but it might be too much to take up as a fresh senior.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

What price US claims to ‘balletic’ movement if a real ballet choreographer comes into the mix :coolio:

It would be a great learning opportunity for Tomono. I wish more actual dance choreographers were tapped in by skaters. Would give a lot more depth of interpretation and choreography, and they would absolutely be able to learn, develop, and bring in more variety, because dance choreographers would be far more adept at recognizing a performer's characteristic style (or what it could be) than what we see from regular skating choreographers who try to hole everyone into the same space.

I bet the USFS and all its several fans would look at Hardest Button and recognize it's actually more of Modern ;) (to end up at contemporary ballet, as he calls it.)