2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

43 minutes ago, Fay said:

I’ve no idea, I’ve never watched Twilight. But don’t think so. 

The music cut is the same for her SP. 

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, it'll be the same program.

I was hoping this new EX wouldn't be one of her competitive programs. She could do so much better *sigh*

Her FS music is different, I am still indifferent about it, will depend on the choreo and music cut.

Oh no. I hope it turns out to be a good program. I love her SP this season. And not so for her FS music cut, at least her beautiful skating convinced me. But  I'm still hoping for a good music cut. 

I'm torn between thinking the Twilight SP will be fun and also thinking that it probably isn't the best vehicle to put Kostornaia in the best package possible for her senior debut.

To be fair, she's my favorite Russian female skater, so I'm more nervous about how her season goes next year than I am anyone else on the ladies side...

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

This will be new trend? Emo program in senior debut? First Rika with Faded, now Alena with Twilight. Who next?

I have nothing against. This is cute.:giggle:

*nods* yeah, more or less... Look at the bright side though folks, at least when the team picked Muse for Alena it isn't Exogenesis! :runaway:

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

I scrolled FS music - can be nice with a good cut, there're more quiet parts and stronger parts. Not sure about SP, maybe they wanted another character for her, not the lyrical one, but could find better (if they wanted).

I think for the SP they wanted to give her something different but when I watched her EX I thought they could have given it to almost any other Eteri girl, it wasn't really special. I hope later when the season starts the choreo will be better and maybe the music cut will be different too.

Most of the FS music is very calm and quiet, a bit monotonous too, I liked the stronger parts more when I listened to it. 

Twilight is fun, as an EX. Not sure if it's a good choice for a SP. She needs strong PCS in the short, 35-37 at least. For that she needs to showcase her abilities in the best way. I don't think she can do it on that music. From what i've read somewhere, i think the plan was to keep her SP on departure but she was against the idea because it's boring to skate the same program for two years. I  would've switched the musics. The FP music for the SP and vice versa. Supermassive black hole would be fantastic for the 2nd part of the free skate. That electric guitar...

I don't know how I feel about Patrick Chan choreographing or teaching novices how to be artistic. On one hand, being a poor dancer says nothing about one's ability as a choreographer. Otoh, he'd been on the scene for so long and had lots of varied material to work with and never showed any meaningful understanding of music or performance, to the point that I started thinking that it was hopeless to expect much out of him in that regard the more I watched of him. He's great to watch when you turn the music off. Hopefully, his students are better than that.

I just hope he avoids Roxanne - don’t think I can bear another one.  The Chroma choice will be interesting- read elsewhere he’s using Philip Mills for the choreo - taking a leaf out of Machida's book?