2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

Yes, there will probably be no interpretation. Which is better than embarassing moments. The good thing (or bad thing for some) is that skaters can do what they want with movies' OST. Sometimes, we can't see the movie's universe in the program. Like when Tursynbaeva skated to Princess Mononoke's music. I was happy when she announced the music. But when i saw the program....skating on Gershwin's piano concerto in F wouldn't have made a difference. She even had her own version of Yuna's dress on Gershwin. A Chinese skater skated her free on the same music the same season. Though her choreo was not the most refined, at least we could see that it was princess Mononoke thanks to the costume.

Not that Tursynbaeva's program was bad, just that you couldn't have guessed the movie behind the music.

26 minutes ago, Yume said:

The good thing (or bad thing for some) is that skaters can do what they want with movies' OST. Sometimes, we can't see the movie's universe in the program.

Yes, I used to be on the "can't detach the movie from the song" camp, which is where people are on famous movies like Schindler's List (and I get it with pieces like that), but not anymore. Let's see what happens.

21 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Yes, I used to be on the "can't detach the movie from the song" camp, which is where people are on famous movies like Schindler's List (and I get it with pieces like that), but not anymore. Let's see what happens.

Yes, let's see what happens.

I actually enjoy the music... as long at it isn't choreographed with the premise of emulating the movie, I think it could be rather cool. However, if they tackle the themes of the actual story....

23 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Is this program will be her SP??!! 

Yes, it'll be the same program.

I was hoping this new EX wouldn't be one of her competitive programs. She could do so much better *sigh*

Her FS music is different, I am still indifferent about it, will depend on the choreo and music cut.

9 минут назад, sallycinnamon сказал:

Yes, it'll be the same program.

I was hoping this new EX wouldn't be one of her competitive programs. She could do so much better *sigh*

Her FS music is different, I am still indifferent about it, will depend on the choreo and music cut.

I scrolled FS music - can be nice with a good cut, there're more quiet parts and stronger parts. Not sure about SP, maybe they wanted another character for her, not the lyrical one, but could find better (if they wanted).