REPORT: Lim files complaint against Bell: alleged bullying, interference

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I'm sick at the double standard from some media.

When in Boston (I'm sorry to drag Denis here, but it's pertinent re:right of way discourse) a skater interfered with Yuzuru's rt IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RINK, it was on Yuzu to change his set up of his jump because the other skater was (iirc) spinning and wasn't aware of his surroundings, and the US coach Frank Carrol didn't even think an apology was necessary, nor it was necessary to urge his skater to be more careful. No one cared about the right of way being blatantly breached.

Now suddenly the right of way is something sacred and it looks like skaters are supposed to yeet themselves out of the rink or learn to fly to leave all 60×whatever meters of ice completely free. Question: are skaters even allowed to stay by the boards talking to coaches and sipping water and blowing their nose?

Eunsoo was standings as close to the boards as she possibly could and she was supposed to go WHERE? Mariah had plenty of space to slightly alter her route safely, or just avoid raising her leg. It's not a vital part of a jump set-up and it's not like skaters don't ever skip choreo during rt... and Eunsoo should be the one at fault? 

Heck, in every practice I've seen, skaters doing the RT do NOT behave as if they were alone in the rink, blind to all that happens around them. I've seen Yuzu alter his path when his music was on and I remember at least one instance where he went close to Patrick, don't remember during whose rt, and he promptly apologized, because even when a skater is super-careful it can happen you find yourself at the same moment, the same place. Skaters can change speed and direction FAST and sometimes they mis-calculate where the others will be in the next 5 or 10 seconds.

Eunsoo is supposed to be aware of her surroundings (and have eyes on her back) but Mariah, who skated forward, is not?

Gosh, I even like Mariah more as a skater and I don't want my image of her to be changed, I'd rather keep living in my little unicorns&rainbows world, but this whole thing leaves a bad taste. Yes, the video doesn't prove any ill-intention, but it shows some carelessness on Mariah's part. An apologize after being informed of what had happened would have been the right thing to do. If the apology had happened before ATS made their statement and they lied about that, well, shame on them and good on Mariah. But if it's the truth, it's not a behaviour I particularly like. Afaik nor Raf not anyone else claims an apology happened in the immediate hours after the accident, before everything blew up.

And then there's still the rest of their allegations, which I hope will get looked into properly without any "it must all be an evil plot from the super-evil Korean agency" prejudice.

If it's really an evil plot, then ATS is likely among the dumbest agent of evil because it's backfiring on them spectacularly...

#$%^$%@##@$ :mad:

2 hours ago, Katt said:

A clearer footage : https://twitter.com/sweetggulyada/status/1109096135681957888

Mariah definitely saw Eunsoo at least 5 sec before the incident. Just because she's in her RT, doesn't mean she can close her eyes for the whole 3 mins. After this vid, I'm on Eunsoo's side.  

WOW

ETA: I mean, I never ever actually THOUGHT that Mariah planned her runthrough to be in the exact place just so she could kick Eunsoo, not at all. But playing devil's advocate, that doesn't mean she didn't take an opportunity when it presented itself....this video looked..not good. She didn't need to skate that close or straighten her leg out that much while passing Eunsoo.

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Doubt Yuna will get involved lol. Well at most just some statement of support for her friend.

It was a joke. Ish. I do hope it happens at this point. They sure are squadding up against a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD girl, and it's definitely, to me at least, coming off as them exerting their power over her to silence. So, let's see what they make of a skating legend telling them off. Hardly anyone will care about what Rippon or Wagner thinks then.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

You need to add a "mad" reaction button at this point :laughing:

I rewatched all Mariah's SP this season, she did get close to the board during that part, and from clip above she's able to avoid other who's in her way. People who use "skater has right of the way" to expect Eunsoo should know every single move and choreo from other skaters is ridiculous. How can she or anyone in the world do that when they have different practice group at every comp ? Like you have to remember 20+ choreos when skater forget their own sometimes ? How about early season program ?  If pairs and ice dance just do their RT without looking around and change their partern, there would be multiple collisions.   

I saw some people think ATS pull the scandal to promote their ice show, to get fame for Eunsoo or think she fake the injury because there's no blood on ice (????) and I gave up. Of course they could handle this case better, but also Raf and Mariah.  I think Eunsoo should leave Lakewood right away. There's no way she could return and train there anymore. 

People seem to have misunderstood what I was saying about right-of-way. I was saying that to defend both of them: Mariah because it looked accident from the video and we don't know why she didn't stop, and Eunsoo because even if she could have backed up or something, she shouldn't have been expected to.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

https://twitter.com/sweetggulyada/status/1109096135681957888

Can anyone enlighten me which part of this footage showed that Mariah intentionally hurt Eunsoo? This footage showed how grievous the incident was, but not whether if it was clearly intentional or not. (I only wanted to be as rigorous as possible upon determining Mariah's intention, or lack thereof).

About some people wanting that this case be solved privately — well, as can be seen, public judgement tends to muddle the investigation, making an impartial judgement of the situation harder to do for the parties involved. But with the way it unfolded I doubt that they (ie. Lakewood peeps — esp. Eunsoo, Mariah and  Raf) could bring it back within their own private sphere — (and even if they do,) this case's investigation would likely continue under the scrutiny of the public eye.

At any rate, I just want them all to talk it out calmly, with clear and level headed view. Let them clear out their own grievances towards each other, and for the rest of the people outside of the parties involved to stay clear of it (ie. not piling on either skater on social media).

11 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Can anyone enlighten me which part of this footage showed that Mariah intentionally hurt Eunsoo? This footage showed how grievous the incident was, but not whether if it was clearly intentional or not. (I only wanted to be as rigorous as possible upon determining Mariah's intention, or lack thereof).

About some people wanting that this case be solved privately — well, as can be seen, public judgement tends to muddle the investigation, making an impartial judgement of the situation harder to do for the parties involved. But with the way it unfolded I doubt that they (ie. Lakewood peeps — esp. Eunsoo, Mariah and  Raf) could bring it back within their own private sphere — (and even if they do,) this case's investigation would likely continue under the scrutiny of the public eye.

At any rate, I just want them all to talk it out calmly, with clear and level headed view. Let them clear out their own grievances towards each other, and for the rest of the people outside of the parties involved to stay clear of it (ie. not piling on either skater on social media).

Well unless you had it in writing I doubt you could prove intent. It just looked like Mariah got really close to Eunsoo and had no regards to her personal space when doing her strokes. Skaters collide all the time but usually they're both going backwards but in opposite directions or one of them is in mid-jump or there are a lot of people in the way or something. Here they were both skating forwards, no one was changing speed or direction, and they were skating in the SAME direction. It's quite trivial to avoid another skater in this case especially since NO other skater is anywhere near them to get in the way. It just seemed like Mariah didn't bother trying. And not even stopping or apologizing after Eunsoo yelled out is also another factor.

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

People seem to have misunderstood what I was saying about right-of-way. I was saying that to defend both of them: Mariah because it looked accident from the video and we don't know why she didn't stop, and Eunsoo because even if she could have backed up or something, she shouldn't have been expected to.

I'm sorry if my comment felt against you, it wasn't, I was angry at some twitter comments under Hersh tweet and t*l and one US newspaper...I tweeted too, but a tweet obviously doesn't have enough characters to vent out properly:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

Also, I too hope and want to believe it wasn't intentional. But I can also see why someone who distrusts Mariah could think it was. And it's entirely possible that Eunsoo and her agent/family distrust Mariah enough to believe (or know) that she could do something that bad.

I wasn't watching as Eunsoo exited the rink after her free nor I watched her in the K&C and I had not realized Raf was...doing that. Not even the time for a nod? What did he do in the K&C?

And in the meanwhile I caught Rai commentator saying we'll have to wait to see how the fiction will develop. Not verbatim but they really used that word, "fiction". it shook me, because how on earth can you address the whole thing as if it were some entertaing piece of gossip?  Maybe fiction wasn't the word they wanted to say but it was still unprofessional.