jt_dano

Journalist wants to talk to Yuzu fans @ the 2019 Worlds!

Hello everyone,

As part of The Japan Times' coverage of the 2019 World Championships (we'll be liveblogging the men's and women's singles competitions on all four days in addition to daily reports!) I'm hoping to conduct some video interviews (to be posted to our social media channels) with skating fans who are attending from overseas.

Nothing's quite set because the schedules are still TBA, but I'm hoping to gather a group of Yuzu fans to chat outside the arena during Tuesday's (5/19) practice session - of course not when Yuzu is on the ice.

I am also, for a separate feature, looking to interview any fans who have gotten into the sport through Yuri!!! On Ice.

If you're interested, leave a reply or send a private message. Thanks in advance!

-Dan

Sorry I will arrive at Tokyo at 20th of March late in evening :(

Hopefully we can manage something on 3/19, before the men's SP on 3/21, or before the FS on 3/23 - any interviews would have to take place during the pairs/ice dancing event due to our coverage plans.

In any case, looking forward to chatting with whoever makes it!

On 3/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, jt_dano said:

Hopefully we can manage something on 3/19, before the men's SP on 3/21, or before the FS on 3/23 - any interviews would have to take place during the pairs/ice dancing event due to our coverage plans.

In any case, looking forward to chatting with whoever makes it!

This would've been perfect for me. I got into the sport because of Yuri on Ice too but I'm still looking for tickets. :( Will prolly be in Saitama area on the 22nd to meet other fans if I won't be able to get tix.

Hey guys - I had a great first day of shooting and in addition to all of the practice photos we tweeted to the Japan Times Sports Twitter I recorded a great interview with @Cleaf:

I hope to do several more of these videos throughout the weekend - tomorrow (3/20) I'll likely be hanging around outside the main entrance where the selfie-friendly display is from about 10:30 or 11 to 1pm, in case anyone is around and wants to chat!