yuzuangel

[2019] World Junior Championships (04-10.03) - Men's SP & FS

Ah mixed feelings once more :gaah:

Very sad for Petr, relieved that Japan still keeps two spots for jwc (but dreading gp assignments), sad Joseph popped and fell:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: he is so good and when on his jumps are so nice too...

I hope to see Stephen come back even stronger next season, for his debut jr season he still did really well (ngl thinking at the chance of Samsonov vs Yuma vs Shun vs Stephen...next jr season should be exciting!). Sadly not surprised about Camden :sad4: 

But I'm very very happy for Tomoki. His last chance at jr worlds and somehow he won, yay! I like that my fave US man came on top for once :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Congrats to Roman and happy to see Daniel on that podium too. He has a lot to work on (jumps and skating, the crazy spins are already there instead:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:)  but nice to see a skater not from big fed make himself known:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: very proud! (tho I guess it only confirms you need to go straight for the hard quads if you want to be in contention...but he jumps the super rare 4Lo so he gets additional love from me)

Also happy to see Artur be not far from podium, too, hopefully next season he'll have even better results. Happy to see many skaters from small feds doing reasonably well. Irakli and Adam had a SB yay!

Also wow I think Daniel might have been the only stsq4 :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: lots of level 2 and (as expected from the boys LOL)some trubles with spins (some V here and there too).

....now I hope skating gods will be contented with the falls and pops and URs and will leave ladies alone...

13 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Taking baby ORIGIN on top of the podium as a good omen. :smiley-angelic001:

omg YES!

2 hours ago, airi said:

no, Camden did :laughing:

Wait, what?.... Oh, okay, I looked only at highest scores. Sorry, Camden.

And I was so sure Japan will have 7 spots in JGP. I can't count.:tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Wait, what?.... Oh, okay, I looked only at highest scores. Sorry, Camden.

And I was so sure Japan will have 7 spots in JGP. I can't count.:tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

I think JSF may expect that so they send Yuma to get the minimum for senior competitions.

But this crop of Japanese skaters (both boys and girls) are just not that consistent.

4 minutes ago, luvsk8 said:

I think JSF may expect that so they send Yuma to get the minimum for senior competitions.

But this crop of Japanese skaters (both boys and girls) are just not that consistent.

No one in boys is consistent (look at todays competition). And Tatsuya could do better if he had more international experience (congrats JSF).

Meanwhile, girls are very deep field, but I'm sure that both Tomoe and Yuna could achieve today better results if they were not literally the only ones in TOP 10 in SP who got calls. :salty:

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

Japan JGP spots saved :jaw:

6 hours ago, airi said:

and, if rules won't change from last year, Japan actually won't have a spot in one of th JGPs... (4-6 members qualify 1 entry for 7 events, and Japan is actually 7th...)

How do they determine the sports for JGP? And where does the standing comes from? (Sorry for a lot question, I'm new in this junior circuits :13877886:)

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah, no prizes for guessing who his inspirations and influences are.. :9:

I didn't have time to watch everyone's skates for this competition but out of curiosity I did go watch Stephen's. I have to say, he was in much better form at the GPF and at Canadian Nationals. His skating here seemed very distracted and off the music in both the SP and the FS, and I have to wonder if maybe it was nerves? And then that disastrous fall didn't help. 

Still though, being able to move from 10th to 5th is something. I hope his knee is okay. He's too young to be getting any kind of crazy injuries. 

Glad Japan is keeping their spots, they have so.many great skaters coming up. * Edit, whoops spoke too soon. Guess they're not keeping them. :(

Japan with only 6 spots hurts my soul:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

back to more pleasant things:

:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yeah, no prizes for guessing who his inspirations and influences are.. :9:

Yuzu and Jason Brown!

8 hours ago, freyaminnie said:

How do they determine the sports for JGP? And where does the standing comes from? (Sorry for a lot question, I'm new in this junior circuits :13877886:)

the ISU members that place 1-3 get 2 spots in 7 events (USA, Russia, Italy), 4-6 places for ISU members - 1 spot in 7 events. Japan is 7th nation here so only 6 spots... (7-10 members get 6 spots). And if for example Italy and Georgia won't use their spots, Japan still can't receive them with this placement... so it will be tough for Japanese juniors surely... maybe Koshiro can get senior assigment? I doubt it but uh so many in waiting :( and I don't know what will happen with Mitsuki...