yuzuangel

[2019] World Championships (18-24.03) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

Watching the BBC now, sounds like we'll get more Yuzu in a bit, yay. :-)

Coombes/Buckland helping out with the commentary, I didn't even realize they were missing from Worlds. Didn't they skate at all this season?

1 hour ago, Winnie_20 said:

Watching the BBC now, sounds like we'll get more Yuzu in a bit, yay. :-)

Coombes/Buckland helping out with the commentary, I didn't even realize they were missing from Worlds. Didn't they skate at all this season?

I'm watching too... Just arrived for Zoe.  Robin so kind to them.  😘

Han and Sui just as stunning every watch. 😍

On 3/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, Winnie_20 said:

Well, the solution to the problem is obvious, isn't it? Let Holland host the competition. We have a grand total of one skater who qualified for Worlds, and she became last in the Ladies field, so we *really* have nothing to lose, host country curse-wise. (You have Loena to protect from the curse!). 

Only if we get a special Dutch event in which all the singles skaters try out speed skating at the gala just for fun...Yuzu would of course try to win.

You guys see the series of You/Me questions on the FsIgstories page? I think it's Cathy Reed doing them. One of them is Yuzu/Med and the question is which one of you will talk the most in a press conference. Nathan and Brezina do one, Piper and Paul, Rika and Kaori... just cute. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Only if we get a special Dutch event in which all the singles skaters try out speed skating at the gala just for fun...Yuzu would of course try to win.

:xD:

...awww this reminds me of the gala practice at Pyeongchang... Good times, good times...

Banquet photos by David W. Carmichael
http://davecskatingphoto.com/photos_2019_worlds_banquet.html

Other banquet photos shared by skaters
(You may have seen most of them but let me post them here as a record)

Spoiler

Xinyu Liu and Yuzu
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4354559381609517?

*Yuzu is in the photo no.3

*Yuzu is in the photo no.6

*Yuzu is in the photo no.2

ETA: Just found many banquet photos in Gala thread... no wonder I couldn't find much in here! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Maria will probably upload more pictures of Yuzu soon, it's the first one from Worlds :) 

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Maria will probably upload more pictures of Yuzu soon, it's the first one from Worlds :) 

when a photo with such a (WT...)face says more then a 1000 words, Yuzu yes we feel the same:68468287:

During the Worlds, thanks for such mesmerizing performances of Yuzu, our lives were brightened as always!  I won't forget the way the whole arena was shaken with our screams and tears. 

Here I posted my Small Medal Ceremony video with English subtitles on Yuzu's interview. 

This was my first YouTube video ever but I felt like it is my mission that I should deliver Yuzu's thoughtful words to ALL fans - not just for Japanese speakers.

For some reason,  Fuji Television, who organized the event, forgot to give English translations on Yuzu's interview at Small Medals Ceremony even though such a super-good, professional interpreter was present.

It was a very tough process to attend this event because operation made us line up hours very cold outside starting before dawn.  Yuzu's kind and inspiring words flushed away all the negativity for us but I felt so bad for many non-Japanese speakers who attended there too yet could not receive Yuzu's heartfelt messages there.  I took my video from a bit far and know it does not show up-close Yuzu (sorry!) but sound is good.  I just wanted to give English translations to share such wonderful words that Yuzu gave us, all of us!

If you expect some videos of this interview to see the cutest Yuzu closer, there are some others available on YouTube.  I will be happy if you can feel from my video here - the sweetness and softness of Yuzu's after-the-battle voice, his respect for the fellow skaters, appreciation for us the fans, and incredible passion to his sport.  And yes, he was absolutely brilliant as always! 

3 hours ago, aquasox said:

During the Worlds, thanks for such mesmerizing performances of Yuzu, our lives were brightened as always!  I won't forget the way the whole arena was shaken with our screams and tears. 

Here I posted my Small Medal Ceremony video with English subtitles on Yuzu's interview. 

This was my first YouTube video ever but I felt like it is my mission that I should deliver Yuzu's thoughtful words to ALL fans - not just for Japanese speakers.

For some reason,  Fuji Television, who organized the event, forgot to give English translations on Yuzu's interview at Small Medals Ceremony even though such a super-good, professional interpreter was present.

It was a very tough process to attend this event as operation made us line up hours very cold outside starting before dawn.  Yuzu's kind and inspiring words flushed away all the negativity for us but I felt so bad for many non-Japanese speakers who attended there too yet could not receive Yuzu's heartfelt messages there.  I took my video from a bit far and know it does not give up-close Yuzu (sorry!) but sound is good.  I just wanted to give English translations to share such wonderful words that Yuzu gave us, all of us!

If you expect some videos to see the cutest Yuzu closer, there are some others available on YouTube.  I will be happy if you can feel from my video here - the sweetness and softness of Yuzu's after-the-battle voice, his respect for the fellow skaters, appreciation for us the fans, and incredible passion to his sport. 

One thing for sure - He was BRILLIANT as always!

Thank you so much! He IS always brilliant, I appreciate translations, especially when he has a message for his fans.

You should also put the link to your video in the Planet Hanyu video section, so everyone can find it more easily!

23 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Thank you so much! He IS always brilliant, I appreciate translations, especially when he has a message for his fans.

You should also put the link to your video in the Planet Hanyu video section, so everyone can find it more easily!

Thank you so much for your advice!  I'll post this to the video section as well.