yuzuangel

[2019] World Championships (18-24.03) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

Meh - I don’t really care what anyone else brings to this competition- I just want to see Yuzuru do his best on the day. The judging is what it is-we can rail against it from now to doomsday and it won’t change.  

Gotta admit, it's remarkable and really pretty amazing how Nathan has been handling school and training, keeping his level of training high enough that he can handle competitions and win them. He's even got better at not emptying his SP this season, so even with juggling everything, he's improved at some things! That has surprised me a bit and mad respect for him for that.

I hope nobody splats, but I think we got the only blessed event we were gonna get and that was juniors so I suppose that's too much to hope for. A clean event would be nice though.

Regardless, I hope Yuzu trounces everybody and leaps on top of the podium with that triumphant grin, happy with himself. 

3 hours ago, buttercup said:

Checks schedule.

Sees that I'll need to wake up in the dead of night.

4fdb373ebe3e8cec0f6ad5a4345ad011.gif

2SA7le4.gif

Just don't choose that 15mins while Yuzu's on the ice...

My K&C prediction for Thursday:

Spoiler

Ghislain: "Whoooaaaah!!!!"   *big clap*
Brian: "As expected."   *proud nod*
Yuzu: "Meeeeow." :animated-smileys-animals-047:

EDIT: Olympic Channel has released this day-by-day guide for Worlds.

Looking at all these preview for Worlds is making me more nervous. How did I ever survive the Olympics? :13877886:

8 hours ago, buttercup said:

Checks schedule.

Sees that I'll need to wake up in the dead of night.

4fdb373ebe3e8cec0f6ad5a4345ad011.gif

Same. I will be spending my lunch break at work trying to watch as much competition as I can and I guess you can survive without sleeping for a week? :xD:

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Oof, that kind of sucks for Nathan. But to be honest, if I were him and looking at Yuzu and Shoma's injuries this season, I would try to play it safe and prioritize the survival of my ankle the next couple of seasons and ramp up closer to Beijing, and not worry as much about winning this one competition so far out.

(spoilers: pessimism about this quadrennial)

Spoiler

Pyeongchang might have been about winning the quad revolution, but I have a feeling Beijing is going to be about *surviving* the quad revolution. Stability and remaining healthy will probably be more important than continuing the tech arms race. None of the juniors/other men except maybe Gogolev really look like they're going to be ready to challenge the top men soon (and even then Stephen probably won't be ready by Beijing), and of the top men Nathan seems to have the least accumulated injuries, so therefore the greatest chance of remaining steady/not being forced to water down/god forbid retire. I guess it's possible that Samarin or someone like him stabilizes their jumps, but Samarin's components make Nathan's look really good by comparison, so I certainly hope merely stabilizing his jumps isn't going to make him competitive at the top level.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Jason is on the way to Japan!

Reading Jason's latest Twitter posts full of joy and excitement make me believe that we will have TCC podium sweeps in Saitama :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:
This is such mood.

6 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Reading Jason's latest Twitter posts full of joy and excitement make me believe that we will have TCC podium sweeps in Saitama :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:
This is such mood.

That’s unlikely, but I think Jason is just happy to go there after his disappointment last year. He’s got some competition coming next season, so he has to build up his reputation.