yuzuangel

[2019] World Championships (18-24.03) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

3 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu: "Cats are my favorite animals. They're so fluffy and soothing." :animated-smileys-animals-047:

Just now, axelnojutsu said:

he's telling all of us to grab an emotional support cat and calm tf down :space:

I wish... The closest cat cafe to my place is currently closed for holidays, and will open again in, what, the 21st? ...good timing though? LOL

7 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

he's telling all of us to grab an emotional support cat and calm tf down :space:

I wonder, if long-time soothing partner Pooh-san feels betrayed by this...? :laughing:

NO WAY! We have Worlds thread already! I can't believe I've missed even that. :headdesk:

I'm teaching on the 21st :sadPooh:but around the time of the last group my class is writing a test, so I hope to watch it under the desk like a teenager :68468287:

And on Saturday we are getting together with two friends to hold each other's hands and squee together

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu: "Cats are my favorite animals. They're so fluffy and soothing." :animated-smileys-animals-047:

If I ever get a cat, I shall name it Yuzuru Troll-chan, just 'cuz. 

So it looks like TCC had their little send off party for their skaters today... all skaters were pictured, with the exception of ninja boy. Perhaps he's already ninja'd to Japan or was getting ready to leave tomorrow (Friday, Toronto time)..... or just chose not to be pictured, although he's been in past send offs. We will find out soon enough. 

Just days now guys. You KNOW the media will capture his arrival at the airport. They are as starved of real Yuzu footage as everyone else is, lol.

Oh God it's all getting really really real. 

It's not as bad as Olys though. That was like life and death. 

He can't already be in Japan, he's too famous to Ninja that successfully before a big competition now. In Japan! But if he is and has managed that, I'd be so thrilled - it would mean he doesn't need last-minute practice like he did before Olys so he's all healed just fine, it'd mean he's completely accustomed to timezone by the time he hits the main rink for first practice on competition ice! So much less to worry about if he's already Ninjaed himself to Japan. 

Holy shit things just got real for me as well. I told myself I have to sit down and write the schedule because I can't even remember my own name this days, nevermind at what time the events and practices start.

I obviously still can't believe it is already happening. 

Ah sorry for double post, but does anyone know if Japanese tv usually streams the competitions? I was wondering if by any chance I would be able to see some of them at home with my Japanese aunt lol. 

Fuji (channel 8 in Kanto area) will broadcast Worlds although they won't cover the whole events.
Here is the broadcasting schedule:

16/3/2019 0:25- 世界フィギュアスケート歌謡祭

5-minutes program to promote the event. They will feature Yuzu's H&L and Origin tonight.

20/3/2019 15:50-16:50 今夜いよいよ開幕SP! 1-hour program to promote the event. It seems that they will live-broadcast something as a part of the program. Could be men's practice at the practice rink?
20/3/2019 18:30-21:00 Ladies' SP Group 5 to 7 will be aired live
21/3/2019 15:50-16:50 今夜いよいよ男子開幕SP! A program to promote men's SP
21/3/2019 18:30-21:00 Men's SP Group 4 to 6 will be aired live
22/3/2019 18:30-21:55 Ladies' FS Group 2 to 4 will be aired live
23/3/2019 18:30-21:30 Men's FS Group 2 to 4 will be aired live
25/3/2019 0:40-1:40 Highlights of Exhibition  
28/3/2019 2:55-4:00 Highlights of Pairs and Ice Dance  

Fuji will also live-stream Pairs, Ice Dance and earlier groups of Singles on their site. 
https://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/world/index.html
They will probably show Kiss and Cry and the warm-up area here while they air the events live.