2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

On 3/3/2019 at 4:57 PM, LucyH said:

When has FS been about being fair? I've watched FS since the late '80s and it was not fair then and it's not fair now so us fans should just get over that. Fed politics has always been and will always continue to be a big part of the sport. I honestly did not think Zhenya was going to selected (was hopeful as her fan) but I would have been just as happy for Liza T. It's unfortunate she had the illness in the middle of the season that stopped her momentum. 

I am a big Zhenya fan so I'm super stoked that she's going to World's but on the other hand I'm disappointed for Liza T. The amount of on line vitriol that gets slung at Zhenya (for just about anything) is absolutely appalling and I'm so happy that she was able to feel the crowd support in Russia. No skater deserves the kind of hate she gets but she's one tough cookie.

I'll be rooting for her at Worlds! #ZhenyaDavai

How is Zhenya getting paid to train at TCC?  Would part of her funding be taken away if she wasn't on the National team?

5 minutes ago, AKC said:

How is Zhenya getting paid to train at TCC?  Would part of her funding be taken away if she wasn't on the National team?

Do you expect the details of Zhenya funding her expenses to be made public? 

8 minutes ago, AKC said:

I expect some people may have an idea. 

No. All we know is that the Fed funds her the same way they fund the others. But the funding doesn’t cover day to day training sessions with Brian and co.