2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

3 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

The entire PR for Javi during Euros was brilliant. They can try similar things for Zhenya for worlds. I suggest posting some pictures and videos traning with Yuzu and getting Yuzu to talk about Zhenya on the Olympic Channel (new Yuzu content yay), though this might be hard but not impossible if they kept asking him.

Please. Misha already did it. I'm almost sure it is Zazura in background.

8 hours ago, Paskud said:

Please. Misha already did it. I'm almost sure it is Zazura in background.

That entire tweet is PR. Post it on Twitter, and then of course someone (Papadakis here) comes along to praise [admin edit: bashing], as would most skaters in their agenda to make sure everyone knows they support each other ;) (I'm just saying it's clever. Around 90% of that is tongue-in-cheek).

8 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

That entire tweet is PR. Post it on Twitter, and then of course someone (Papadakis here) comes along to praise [admin edit: bashing], as would most skaters in their agenda to make sure everyone knows they support each other ;) (I'm just saying it's clever. And around 90% of that is tongu-in-cheek).

It's just annoying.

8 minutes ago, Yume said:

It's just annoying.

But in a judged-sport, this propping-up and taking-down will definitely take place. I don't like it at all, but it's true. I wish it didn't have to be like it. The sport itself is built on criticism of what looks good: thence springs the need to talk behind your competitors' backs, hoping someone important has an ear turned towards you...

1 minute ago, Yume said:

At this extent, yes, it's news. Bad news.

Welcome to the world of figure skating. It’s the Federation that pays, and it’s the Federation that decides who to send. They play their own games. In this case, Mishin was in no way celebrating with his champagne, he was given a hard choice between his two students - they wouldn’t allow him to take both of them. I was smiling at you misinterpreting the situation back then. Champagne in Russia doesn’t necessarily mean celebration. It’s just an alcoholic drink - and in this case, judging from what the people in the carriage heard from him, he was far from happy. 

Where on Earth were you when Plushenko was getting sent to Sochi, I wonder... or when the injured Takahashi was getting chosen over Oda, for instance regardless of the bronze medal at the 2013 GPF. That’s the essence of the sport - you don’t get instantly thrown out you get into a bad period if you have already proved you can fight. And in this respect - I repeat - Zhenya’s achievements are more impressive than Liza’s. So she is given the benefit of the doubt. 

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

He is not a tool to be used for PR or whatever and sharing a coach with Medvedva has nothing to do with this.

No one is a tool to be used for PR. He IS used for PR already though: look at Olympic Channel's Twitter, for instance. Orser might indeed end up using him to get Med some support back.

14 minutes ago, Fay said:

you don’t get instantly thrown out you get into a bad period if you have already proved you can fight. And in this respect - I repeat - Zhenya’s achievements are more impressive than Liza’s. So she is given the benefit of the doubt. 

Then they should send a note saying "honey, don't work that hard. Even if you do better, we have already made our choice". And mostly they should not say to a girl who was ill to prepare for worlds if it's for ditching her at the end. 

2 minutes ago, Yume said:

Then they should send a note saying "honey, don't work that hard. Even if you do better, we have already made our choice". And mostly they should not say to a girl who was ill to prepare for worlds if it's for ditching her at the end. 

It's hurt.😟

I know that feeling when you're trying your best and get a good result but they play dirty to you. It kills the motivation. 

I hope liza is fine. 😔