Worlds Prediction game

I should have asked how many world records we were going to get.  4 in the pairs event alone :jaw:

I feel like I wasn't very clear so I'm going to score it 2 ways.  The 1st score is for top 5 predictions.  the 2nd will be only based on top 3.  

Pairs

1. Ladylou - 8/4

1. Jackie Wong = 8/4

3. kaeryth = 7/3

4. Old Cat Lady = 6/4 

5. River - 4/2

SallyCinnamon - N.A./4

Phil Hersch - N.A./2

Louitunes = N.A./2

Anski - N.A.

Pakud = N.A.

HoodieAxel = N.A.

Here’s the rest of the results.  Sorry for the delay. I listed in order of those who got the most points based on top 5 predictions but I’ll do a total for just top 3 as well

LADIES

Ladylou - 8/6

Jackie Wong - 7/6

River - 6/2

Old Cat Lady - 4/2

Yuzuangel - 3/3

Kaeryth - 2/1

Anski - NA/1

Sllycinnamon - NA/1

Louitunes - NA/1

Phil Hersh - NA/2

DANCE

Old Cat Lady - 10/3  (how tha F did I do so well in dance of all disciplines?  Wild guessing works I guess)

Ladylou - 7/5

River - 6/4

Kaeryth - 5/4

Jackie Wong - 5/4

Sallycinnamon - NA/3

Louitunes - NA/3

Phil Hersh - NA/7

MEN - lot of abstentions due to jinx factor.  Personally, everyone except Nathan in my original top 6 did worse (and some cases a LOT worse) than I predicted.  I deleted my predictions before the men’s SP but clearly, the jinx starts as soon as the event starts so I was too late. In the future, as long as Yuzu is around, I’m definitely omitting this category for major events.  

Poor Shoma.  Louitunes was the only one who didn’t expect him in the top 3.  I can’t imagine how crushed he was to place off the podium for the first time in 3 years at worlds in his home country after so much expectation.  Pretty sure 99.9% of the skating world was sure he’d medal.

Jackie Wong - 5/3

River - 4/3

Ladylou - 4/3

Anski - na/3

Sallycinnamon - Na/3

Phil Hersh- NA/3

Louitunes - NA/2

OVERALL MEDAL PREDICTIONS

Top 5 picks

1. LadyLou - 27

2. Jackie Wong - 25

3. River - 20

4. Old Cat Lady - 20

5. Kaeryth - 14

Top 3 picks

1. LadyLou - 18

2. Jackie Wong - 17

3. Phil Hersh - 14

4. River - 12

5. Sallycinnamon - 11

6. Old Cat Lady - 10

7. Kaeryth - 8

7. Louitunes - 8

9. Anski - 4

BONUS - ANSWER KEY - original question had to be answered exactly in order to get points.  Some abstained for jinx and looked like you were picking Yuzu but unfortunately, can’t give credit without specifications.  Some of you elaborated on your answer incorrectly, but as long as the original question was answered correctly, you got credit. Text in parenthesis wasn’t necessary to get credit.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:00 PM, Old Cat Lady said:

1. Which country will win the most medals?

Russia (5)

2. Will we have an all Japanese/Russian ladies top 6?

No

3. How many of the gold medalists will win with at least 1 world record?

3 (men, dance, pairs)

4. Which skater/team will win by the largest margin?

Chen :mad:

5. Which disciplines will have no falls from any of the medalists?

Dance, Ladies, Pairs, Men  (from that perspective, an amazing event - I think no one got this right)

6. Will there be a +5 Final GOE element in the competition?

Yes (Papadakis/Cizeron) - CuLi4 from Rhythm dance, ChLi1/Chst from free dance, Tarasova/Morozov - 3lpth from SP, Sui/Han - ChSq1 from FS)

7. Who will get the most points on a single element?

Hanyu (4t/3a)

8. Will anyone get a Final PCS of 10?

Yes (P/C - performance, composition from FD)

9. Who will have the highest total TES score?

Chen

10. Will the US increase its world team for next year (currently 9)

Yes (10)

11. Will Canada or Japan have the smaller team next year or will they tie?

Tie (No one got this right either.  Might be my fault - didn’t realize that everyone from 16-24th got 16 points so didn’t fully inform everyone))

12. Will Russia qualify for 12 entrants in next year’s worlds?

No (lost 1 in men)

1. Ladylou - 12

1. Anski - 12

3. River - 10

4. Old Cat Lady - 8

4. Kaeryth - 8

4. Yuzuangel - 8

4. Paskud - 8

4. Sallycinnamon - 8

4. Louitunes - 8

10. Hoodieaxel - 4

OVERALL INCLUDING BONUS

Top 5 picks

1. LadyLou - 27+12= 39

2. River - 20+10= 30

2. Old Cat Lady - 20+10=30

4. Kaeryth - 14 +8 = 22

Top 3 picks

1. LadyLou - 18 + 12 = 30

2. River - 12 +10 = 22

3. Old Cat Lady - 10+10=20

4. Sallycinnamon - 11+8 = 19

5. Kaeryth - 8 + 8 = 16

5. Louitunes - 8 + 8 = 16

5. Anski - 4+12=16

Let me know if I made any errors.  Thanks everyone for playing :balloons-smiley:

45 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

:'(

I love that you brought Wong into this :rofl:

lol, thanks.  I wanted to get more from the "experts" but couldn't find much.  Phil and Jackie did pretty well but they have the distinct advantages of seeing the skaters in person at the events and not fearing the jinx - most of us didn't get involved in the men's predictions.  TSL wasn't ballsy enough to make actual placement predictions - I guess they're afraid to now since they've been so off so many times.  I recently watched their 2014 worlds recap where they're mocking Aljona Savchenko for saying she wants to try to win Olympics in 2018

I think next year I'm going to keep the points to only the medalists if I'm going to involve the public figures, omit the men's field to keep the PH members on an even playing field, and have more bonus questions as they were the most popular part of the game.  I'm open to suggestions.  Maybe I'll try the google form that Joey uses for the Grand Prix but not sure what the advantage of that over just posting on the forum is.

I'd like to do a pre-season prediction game as well but people seem to be more reluctant to make predictions about seasons and have to guess things so far in advance.

I had never won a full round of predictions wow :surprised:

but most important....YASSSSSSS I BEAT JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow::tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow::smiley-happy093:

those are satisfactions:P

I will add this achievement in my signature because it's worth remembering LOL

congrats to the medallists and to those who didn't jinxed anyone:img_21: I should have refrained from Men:smiley-sad016: I'm so sorry Zu..and Shoma too...and Rika...and J/C...and S/B...wow I've jinxed so many of my faves :facepalm:

thank you @Old Cat Lady  for the game:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

• 2 weeks later...