traveltoomuch

2019 Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy - Tickets and Discussion!

5 hours ago, Twistingtones said:

Bit of a random one - hope this is the right place to post.

How cold are arenas normally? I'm doing hand-luggage only, so trying to pack as little as possible without freezing when I get there! Basically - do I need to bring the thermal underlayers?! :huh::giggle:

They are cold.  The closer you are to the ice, the colder it is.  I pretty much wear inside what I've worn outside - including something that's down, if you've got it (wear it on your flight), a scarf and gloves, or mittens.  Many people bring little blankets, but I ended up just sitting on mine.  I'd go with multiple layers.  My down parka squishes up and I use it as a pillow for my back when I fly. You can pack lightly, but wear as many layers as you can for traveling and for the competition.  (I've only been to two events, but this is my experience - maybe it isn't as cold at this rink, but I wouldn't count on it.)

12 hours ago, Twistingtones said:

Bit of a random one - hope this is the right place to post.

How cold are arenas normally? I'm doing hand-luggage only, so trying to pack as little as possible without freezing when I get there! Basically - do I need to bring the thermal underlayers?! :huh::giggle:

Some rinks are cold, some not so much.

So as said above:  bring plenty of layers, so you can adjust...

Practices can be colder than the competitions because less people there.

(when an arena is full of people, they generate a certain amount of heat ^_^ )

I always pack some of THESE for competitions in case I still feel cold.

They work great... last all day... don't take much room in your hand-luggage... and pack flat...

I was wandering, as it is Yusuru`s birthday on Saturday 7th December, will the organisators do something to celebrate the day. It will be just wanderful if the whole arena sing Happy Birthday

On 11/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, Yuzu_legend said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Hi and welcome to the Planet!!! I would go for 311. If you want to seat closer to K&C 306 might be also a goo option (not so sure about 304, the view might be obstructed). Did you check the virtual tour (https://walkinto.in/tour/WJ8xfYsWV4ZkeIezYibN4)?

Let me know if you buy your ticket, we are organising a meet up! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: 

Hi sorry for the late answer , thanks for the advice, I finally got my ticket, so excited to get a chance to see Yuzu live,

I'd definetely be interested in participating in the meet up if that's still on,

56 minutes ago, Giroud said:

Hi sorry for the late answer , thanks for the advice, I finally got my ticket, so excited to get a chance to see Yuzu live,

I'd definetely be interested in participating in the meet up if that's still on,

30 minutes ago, CiaoCiao said:

I'm so excited too! :clapping-smiley:

can I join for the meet up?:7938863:

There's a separate meet-up thread: 

@Yuzu_legend can add you there in case she's not monitoring this thread. :)

On 28/10/2019 at 9:25, EmmaLeto said:

Guys i`m struggling here with like 20 tabs open, brainstorming and planning stuff. After Skate Canada i got so emo for Yuzu that i`m considering on yolo going to gpf even tho it's a bit expensive for me and the seats will be in the stratosphere T.T. I just miss that long smiley boy so bad. 

So i've got a question. Maybe someone is staying at the Bamboo Eco Hostel? it's a bit far from the arena but it's like the best cheapest option i could afford. Or maybe someone here has a vacant spot in their airbnb? Would be really nice to have a fellow fanyu company to go to/from the arena and hang out a bit in between. 

Hello!

I'm staying at Bamboo hostel too and im planing to go to every competition but maybew i will take a break for the christmas markets in the city. We will see.

If you like we can go or specially get back togheter from the rink. I was hoping somebody at Bamboo was goint to the final, it can be fun to share the competition emotions! :)

14 hours ago, LadyCastorp said:

Hello!

I'm staying at Bamboo hostel too and im planing to go to every competition but maybew i will take a break for the christmas markets in the city. We will see.

If you like we can go or specially get back togheter from the rink. I was hoping somebody at Bamboo was goint to the final, it can be fun to share the competition emotions! :)

YAY !! I'll be in Turin from 4th to 11th. I have day tickets only for thursday and saturday (and the gala of course) so i don't know about going to every competition. But i'll try to squeeze maximum out of my tickets )) You know every time i'm thinking i won't meet enyone i end up in hostel full of other fans. So i think there deffinetly will be other fanyus. Would be great to group together. 

Which days are you staying? And what sector are you in?

Hace 2 horas, EmmaLeto said:

YAY !! I'll be in Turin from 4th to 11th. I have day tickets only for thursday and saturday (and the gala of course) so i don't know about going to every competition. But i'll try to squeeze maximum out of my tickets )) You know every time i'm thinking i won't meet enyone i end up in hostel full of other fans. So i think there deffinetly will be other fanyus. Would be great to group together. 

ill be there from 4th to 8th. But im leaving on Sunday and i don't go to the gala :( For Thursday i'm on Bronze 2 sector 306 and Saturday Gold Sector 208  (i think it's the corner) I'm not sure what i picked up and why, it was late night and i only wanted to have tickets...

It will be great if there's more people in the hostel!

3 hours ago, EmmaLeto said:

i will also be there from 4-11

unfortunately i will miss wed practices

112 platinum

Hi everyone! A question: did anyone book an airbnb or wants to book, but it’s easier for them to share? I have booked a room in an hotel but it’s quite far from Palavela so I would like to change it still. I’m arriving on 5th and leaving on 8th. if anyone is interested, please pm me!

3 hours ago, NILI N said:

112 platinum

7 hours ago, EmmaLeto said:

YAY !! I'll be in Turin from 4th to 11th. I have day tickets only for thursday and saturday (and the gala of course) so i don't know about going to every competition. 

Same. We should all grab lunch or something on Monday

1 hour ago, Mariana said:

Same. We should all grab lunch or something on Monday

YES. That would be great.

5 hours ago, NILI N said:

112 platinum

I'll miss wed practice too (

5 hours ago, LadyCastorp said:

ill be there from 4th to 8th. But im leaving on Sunday and i don't go to the gala :( For Thursday i'm on Bronze 2 sector 306 and Saturday Gold Sector 208

Hey I'll be in 305 on thursday 

Hi everyone,

I will also go to GPF and I'm nervous and excited! :yahoo:

@Yuzu_legend Could you please add me to the chat as well? :grin:

Can't wait to meet you guys there!