traveltoomuch

2019 Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy - Tickets and Discussion!

24 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Wow, just WOW!!! I feel betrayed. I would still go for the practices plus gala package, but what about the people, that can't go? They should've been at least informed they have another choice!!! I am amazed by the extend to which people use Yuzu's name for robbery!!!

:003:

Only that I have a  really good place and want to see all of the events saves them from me. Ehhh that's what they get for having super high prices that are not backed up by anything. "Record sales" my ass... :fire:

4 minutes ago, polyesterheart said:

Only that I have a  really good place and want to see all of the events saves them from me. Ehhh that's what they get for having super high prices that are not backed up by anything. "Record sales" my ass... :fire:

The good place for sure partially make up for it (and at least part of the gala), but knowing that my ticket is more expensive than plane + accommodation is making my heart bleed. If I lived in Italy I would start some protest in front of Italian Skating Federation office :)

Yes, it is legal but I felt betrayed... They should have announced beforehand.  Sales of the tickets seem to have not been good enough as they have expected.

Look at the bright side... due to lack of interest and spending way too much a lot of money, at least those who bought earlier were able to get actually good seats?

2 hours ago, uraume said:

Yes, it is legal but I felt betrayed... They should have announced beforehand.  Sales of the tickets seem to have not been good enough as they have expected.

The platinum central sections on the long side not sold out 2 months after 2 months of sales? I betcha they haven't expected it.  

2 hours ago, Yukipo said:

They played us good, good luck to pull the same trick after Yuzu retires

I feel like I've been posting that rant over and over again, but they're really setting themselves for a hard fall. Fanyus are hardcore, theyll pay - but what about fans of other skaters or fans of the sport in general? They're not as crazy but they'd go if the prices were not completely out of the stratosphere. But their interest isn't nurtured. Sure, it'd be hard fighting for tickets with a horde of Fanyus, but some of them would get them. The way it is, they'll just lose interst. So it's actually possible that after Yuzu retires, there will be nobody left, no Fanyus, no FS fans, and even if prices plummet (and they will), there will ve nobody to come back. 

On 9/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, madraykin said:

OK, I'm seriously considering taking the plunge but I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

I want to sit on level 2 I think as at least they have backrests! But where on level two is better? Silver on the short side or Gold on the long?

Also, whereabouts are people staying? Obviously everything even vaguely close to the arena is booked or insane (I'm sure the NH Torino Lingotto Congress is a lovely hotel, but I'm not paying £1700 for a hotel room) so I'm looking at either Centro or San Salvario near to a metro stop?

I'm staying about 1 km away. It's about $160/day and fits 6 ppl!

I looked and was tempted- but he’s not made it to the GPF for two successive years, even the new prices are high and I have to make such complex arrangements to get away even for three days I just chickened out and will watch on tv (assuming anyone is bothering to broadcast it to N Europe).  I might jinx him if I did go, never having seen him live and probably placing a lot on it as a consequence.  I don’t know why the ISU are seemingly constitutionally incapable of taking advantage of the opportunity he presents.  They’d be all over him if he were American, possibly if he were Canadian or Russian.  At least the Olympic media people are capable of looking at the stats drawing a conclusion and milking it for all its worth while he’s still competing.

Hace 3 horas, uraume said:

:noshake: I have been the whole day mad at them. They really should have announced that this kind of tickets were going to be available. I’m fine with my ticket, but probably many persons would have opted to wait and buy those tickets without practices/gala. Their “sale strategy” showed always clear that their priority was the money without thinking/caring even a little bit about the sport and surely not caring at all about the fans. But witnessing it at it’s peak is sad and disappointing!! 

Now I’m going back to the ACI thread and fill my heart again with happiness in the knowledge we’ll be enjoying Yuzu’s skating very soon!!!

32 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I looked and was tempted- but he’s not made it to the GPF for two successive years, even the new prices are high and I have to make such complex arrangements to get away even for three days I just chickened out and will watch on tv (assuming anyone is bothering to broadcast it to N Europe).  I might jinx him if I did go, never having seen him live and probably placing a lot on it as a consequence.  I don’t know why the ISU are seemingly constitutionally incapable of taking advantage of the opportunity he presents.  They’d be all over him if he were American, possibly if he were Canadian or Russian.  At least the Olympic media people are capable of looking at the stats drawing a conclusion and milking it for all its worth while he’s still competing.

I think it's a little bit about how west in general treats Japan, as a gimmicky/bizzare country, and the love of Japanese fans (which Yuzu has a ton) as something extreme and not worth being treated seriously (and to disappear all together once their favorite stops competing). Such attitude towards any fans is myopic and will bite them in the ass, but well they're quite versed in screwing the sport already, so nothing new :)

1 minute ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:noshake: I have been the whole day mad at them. They really should have announced that this kind of tickets were going to be available. I’m fine with my ticket, but probably many persons would have opted to wait and buy those tickets without practices/gala. Their “sale strategy” showed always clear that their priority was the money without thinking/caring even a little bit about the sport and surely not caring at all about the fans. But witnessing it at it’s peak is sad and disappointing!! 

Now I’m going back to the ACI thread and fill my heart again with happiness in the knowledge we’ll be enjoying Yuzu’s skating very soon!!!

Thank you for reminding me! I will try to sneak watch haha cause I have a work outing on Thursday >.< does anyone know what time it starts in Canada?

11 hours ago, polyesterheart said:

I think it's a little bit about how west in general treats Japan, as a gimmicky/bizzare country, and the love of Japanese fans (which Yuzu has a ton) as something extreme and not worth being treated seriously (and to disappear all together once their favorite stops competing). Such attitude towards any fans is myopic and will bite them in the ass, but well they're quite versed in screwing the sport already, so nothing new :)

Can I disagree with the above. Yuzu has fans all over the world and many European fans are going because it's closer to us than Canada or Japan. What they did was to play by the business rules. Do they care for the fans ? No. They just care for the money. It's not a western thing, it's a business thing.

50 minutes ago, Kadova said:

Can I disagree with the above. Yuzu has fans all over the world and many European fans are going because it's closer to us than Canada or Japan. What they did was to play by the business rules. Do they care for the fans ? No. They just care for the money. It's not a western thing, it's a business thing.

I do know that Yuzu has houndreds of foreign fans (me being one of them), I was referring to probability of ISU/media being all over Yuzu if he was American (like was stated in the post I was referring to, I did not talk about business practices for GPF here so I do not know what you disagree with).

I do wonder if the media does realise how diverse Yuzu fan base is though, given most of the commentators go mainly around "sea of flags from Japan" and do not mention more. Was there some commentator that talked about it and I missed it? So many competitons through the years, hard to keep track :)

1 hour ago, polyesterheart said:

I do know that Yuzu has houndreds of foreign fans (me being one of them), I was referring to probability of ISU/media being all over Yuzu if he was American (like was stated in the post I was referring to, I did not talk about business practices for GPF here so I do not know what you disagree with).

I do wonder if the media does realise how diverse Yuzu fan base is though, given most of the commentators go mainly around "sea of flags from Japan" and do not mention more. Was there some commentator that talked about it and I missed it? So many competitons through the years, hard to keep track :)

I think there was one attempt to say something about "not only Japanese fans" from one of the commentators at one point, but the other just ignored it. I have a feeling it was either Worlds 2017 or in Spain.... but I can't remember more details. 

Anyway... the variability of his fanbase is clearly overlooked most of the times.