traveltoomuch

2019 Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy - Tickets and Discussion!

25 minutes ago, taho said:

so we have prices.

ddac9b3a83009f88d5e60bb5460100b8.png

Just realised they emailed me with this and damn it's expensive :14066882: hopefully the website to buy tickets will be friendlier as they said they had improved some stuff

On 6/18/2019 at 12:31 AM, sallycinnamon said:

I wrote about comparing the prices here.

With this inflation I don't think platinum all-event tickets will cost anything less than 650/700€. And gold (or 2nd most expensive) will likely cost around 500. That's my guess. 

My guess wasn't too far away from reality..except that it costs even more than expected :huh:

30 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

My guess wasn't too far away from reality..except that it costs even more than expected :huh:

How I wish you were wrong :xD: but yeah... ISU. 

They are even mentioning the "record" sale of VIP tickets, like it was something to celebrate. :banginghead:

You are forcing us to buy those tickets because we don't know, if we will have a chance later!!! This kind of unorganization and lack of info is not helping at all!!!

3 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

You are forcing us to buy those tickets because we don't know, if we will have a chance later!!! This kind of unorganization and lack of info is not helping at all!!!

Well, several people here said not to buy these VIP tickets, because YES, you will get a chance later...

5 minutes ago, solene said:

Well, several people here said not to buy these VIP tickets, because YES, you will get a chance later...

Yes, I didn't buy them and I try to patiently wait. But some people buy for those prices "in case..." and I am not surprised. The sale next Friday is going to be a bloodbath. Everyone is going to try to buy the tix as soon as they come out, so imho, many issues can occur (server down or overloaded, issues with someone holding respective seats - and I really hope they solved the extra Gala tickets problem, as they say,...). In the end of the day, not everyone is going to have their tickets. So taking this into account, I understand, why people rather invest in VIP tickets, that are less affordable. At least they can be sure the sale is going to last few more minutes until the tickets are sold out...

Just saying, it would be much better, if we knew those prices beforhand and could prepare accordingly...

Anyone remember what we paid for the best seats in Barcelona?

Whatever it was, it wasn’t anything like this, I’m sure!

It's a selling strategy, and a good one. They are trying to sell all seats and at the higher possible prices.

No one is writing to airlines to know if they should buy their plane tickets now or later. We all know that airlines have selling strategies...

Same here. Customers have to be smart.

8 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Anyone remember what we paid for the best seats in Barcelona?

Whatever it was, it wasn’t anything like this, I’m sure!

I wasn't in Barcelona but I made some research and posted some prices from previous GPFs here:

On 5/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, sallycinnamon said:

That's what worries me, too. 

For comparison (even if it is hard to compere but at least these cities are somewhat comparable when it comes to prices): at GPF '14 in Barcelona, the most expensive category, gold all-event ticket cost 250€. The next season, at GPF Barcelona it was already 350€+28€ for an all-event practice pass. In Marseille, in 2016 there was no all-event ticket, only single tickets, which cost for the four days 475€. It was already very expensive (especially for the lack of organisation...). So judging by these VIP prices I wouldn't be surprised if the most expensive non-VIP all-event tickets for Torino were not much less than the VIP gold tickets :sad4:

250€ in 2014 and a year later, 350€ EUR+28€ for practices, it seems. Those were clearly different times...

ETA:

This is shameless I'll say. You are paying differently to enjoy the SAME "Vip service":

If you are a gold VIP, you pay 406Euros

If you are a plat VIP, you pay 617Euros

for the exactly same service as described:  private entrance, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift.

If people know platinum and gold will came out in general sale, they won't be so desperate to pay for the shameless VIP package. 

2 minutes ago, KatieK said:

This is shameless I'll say. You are paying differently to enjoy the SAME "Vip service":

If you are a gold VIP, you pay 406Euros

If you are a plat VIP, you pay 617Euros

for the exactly same service as described:  private entrance, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift.

If people know platinum and gold will came out in general sale, they won't be so desperate to pay for the shameless VIP package. 

i dont think those packages include the dubious gourmet food and hostess. and even if they dont- its outrageous the price they charged for that totally unnecessary service

5 minutes ago, NILI N said:

i dont think those packages include the dubious gourmet food and hostess. and even if they dont- its outrageous the price they charged for that totally unnecessary service

I know they are unnecessary in the first place. Italian skating union is setting their black market as the official sale market.

People paying for the stupid Vip packages should be furious cause they were fooled to get the unwanted trash. 

7 minutes ago, KatieK said:

I know they are unnecessary in the first place. Italian skating union is setting their black market as the official sale market.

People paying for the stupid Vip packages should be furious cause they were fooled to get the unwanted trash. 

i am sure they r furious

What is offered in Milan:

I got the most expensive tix, that's 1640 euros, 1800+usd back then, and I didn't go because of the obvious reason, and the tiredness after getting back from PyeongChang. 

And according to Milano2018, Quick entry, Dedicated hostess & lounge, and Lunch & open bar service, lux gift were offered for their VIP packages.

A friend of mine went there and she told me:

Lounge: a few scattered sofa, nobody really cares sitting there. Not any decent resting area.

Lunch: tasteless boxed lunch.

Lux gif: the Milano2018 official blanket. Like any blanket you could get in a game.

Baselines are here everybody. You won't see anything better than that lol.

Oh by the way the less expensive VIP package in Milan (like Gold Vip this time) also offered a roundtrip shuttle to the nearby Outlet (i think it's daily, correct me if I'm wrong) and the free your hand service (purchase will be sent directly to your hotel). Guess they are not offered this year.

And for anyone who's interested in the GPF price growth annually. I went to every GPF since 2016 except for Nagoya (too far away, just tossed my ticket after 17NHK, but I got the ticket). And all of them were purchased via official site sale, flat price, and all best seats in the arena.

Marseille 2016: Gold Circle row1 for all four days: $545.

Nagoya 2017: Arena row 4 for men's event (3 days): $560.

Vancouver 2018: VIP row1 all event (with gift, a bag, a pin, a blanket, and a program book): $330.

Now this year if you're interested in the best available, they are $1570ish. Wow.