traveltoomuch

2019 Grand Prix Final in Turin, Italy - Tickets and Discussion!

24 minutes ago, Ilay said:

Does anyone knows when they will start selling the tickets?? I cant wait anymore

Nope.  Website just says "Coming soon" and has done so for...... an eternity!!!  :banginghead:

1 hour ago, nikiforov-on-fire said:

hi guys!!! could you please confirm what website should I refresh in order to find out whether the tickets are already on sale? is it https://www.torino2019.com/?

thanks in advance!

may the force be with us, so we could all have great seats in torino <3 !

As far as I know.  That's the one.  :8122685:

wow considering the fact that over the past two seasons, Yuzu has not attended GPF, I am surprised to still see the enthusiasm. Not to jinx anything, but considering how high of a possibility he gets into an injury around mid season, I would think people will wait until the end of grand prix series? but I sorta get why because Yuzu seems to be really determined to not miss GPF and many people think this will be his last season. I'm so conflicted because I really want to attend as many competitions as Yuzu could compete this season but due to my budget, I can only pick and choose! :facepalm: thanks for all the information provided! It has been very helpful going through this thread!

10 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

wow considering the fact that over the past two seasons, Yuzu has not attended GPF, I am surprised to still see the enthusiasm. Not to jinx anything, but considering how high of a possibility he gets into an injury around mid season, I would think people will wait until the end of grand prix series? but I sorta get why because Yuzu seems to be really determined to not miss GPF and many people think this will be his last season. I'm so conflicted because I really want to attend as many competitions as Yuzu could compete this season but due to my budget, I can only pick and choose! :facepalm: thanks for all the information provided! It has been very helpful going through this thread!

I think a lot of people saw WC prices and decided to try GPF instead. Half the grand prix event tickets have already gone on sale as well so not knowing his assignments yet those are even more of a gamble than GPF. Tickets will also go super fast so you can't really wait to make a decision.

The only way this is his last season is if the decision is made for him by his ankle. Many of us thought he'd retire after the Olympics or after Saitama but he still says he's given no thought to retiring, wants 4A, 4Lz, 4F, (and quints :facepalm:) and wants to see how far he can go. If he was injury free, I'd bet my life on him going to Beijing. :)

12 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think a lot of people saw WC prices and decided to try GPF instead. Half the grand prix event tickets have already gone on sale as well so not knowing his assignments yet those are even more of a gamble than GPF. Tickets will also go super fast so you can't really wait to make a decision.

The only way this is his last season is if the decision is made for him by his ankle. Many of us thought he'd retire after the Olympics or after Saitama but he still says he's given no thought to retiring, wants 4A, 4Lz, 4F, (and quints :facepalm:) and wants to see how far he can go. If he was injury free, I'd bet my life on him going to Beijing. :)

Yeah, I totally get these points and I think practically, that's what I might do as well. If I am determined enough to attend the GPF, I would need to purchase my flight and hotel bundle early enough before the price goes up further. Considering how difficult it was to get tickets in Japan last season, it makes sense to invest on this season when it's much more accessible and transparent. In addition, I am doing price comparison between GPF and Worlds. A flight ticket + hotel bundle to Turin would cost me around $850 at the cheapest + possibly $250 event ticket = $1000. On the other hand, a flight ticket + hotel bundle to Montreal would cost me around $650 at the cheapest + $845 FOR THE WORST SPOT! 

Yeah it really all depends on how healthy he is and how the judges perform. Obviously Yuzu would love to compete as long as he could but we won't know how much longer he could beat the corruption. Just praying for the best and be optimistic I guess. :headdesk:

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Just as performing in COR (Russia) and Worlds (Japan) was very important for him last season, the fact that GPF is in Turin and in the same arena Shizuka (and Plushenko) won their OGMs might be a motivating factor why everyone feels he WILL do whatever it takes to get to GPF this season.

Also I just really don’t want to believe he’ll have the same terrible luck 3 seasons in a row :Poohgaveup:

7 часов назад, makebelieveup сказал:

wow considering the fact that over the past two seasons, Yuzu has not attended GPF, I am surprised to still see the enthusiasm.

Well, for one there's hope it will not happen again. But more importantly it's again GPF in Europe after 2 years, which is much easier and cheaper to reach for me. So for those living in Europe it's worth trying and no point to wait closer to event cuz too little time between GPs and who knows what tickets will be left. And it's Italy, apart from figure skating there's always nice sightseeing, great wine and food :happy: I was in Torino some years ago for a day, nice city.

22 hours ago, Lunna said:

Well, for one there's hope it will not happen again. But more importantly it's again GPF in Europe after 2 years, which is much easier and cheaper to reach for me. So for those living in Europe it's worth trying and no point to wait closer to event cuz too little time between GPs and who knows what tickets will be left. And it's Italy, apart from figure skating there's always nice sightseeing, great wine and food :happy: I was in Torino some years ago for a day, nice city.

Yes you are right ! I already booked a room in Torino and now I’m waiting for the tickets to come out but I already am exited to visit Torino for the first time because Italy is an gorgeous country and Italy is in Europe! I would like to go to even more GPs but I do not have enough vacation days ! 

Me too I'm excited for GPF in my country!!!:studsmatta:

I wonder in  wich other GP event Yuzu  will skate , I hope another place in Europe

I

2 hours ago, Muralla17 said:

how is it chosen in which GPF events does each skater take part? 

There are some rules like, for example the Top 3 at Worlds can't meet each other in any of the GP events. It also depends on other things, Worlds placement/World Standing/Season's best placement etc. + preferences of the hosting federation etc.

We have a new thread here where we can talk about GP assignments:

Hello everyone!

Does anyone has the pricing list of the last year's GPF? Or what could be the pricing... Seems we might have to be ready for now (or at least I hope so)

17 minutes ago, kaparia said:

Hello everyone!

Does anyone has the pricing list of the last year's GPF? Or what could be the pricing... Seems we might have to be ready for now (or at least I hope so)

Here's a list of all-event ticket prices: https://skatecanada.ca/2018/01/ticket-info-2018-isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-final/ but rn I couldn't find any info how much daily tickets cost.

My guess is that GPF tickets for Torino will be expensive (if we consider that tickets for a post-Olympics Worlds like last year in Milan also cost a lot or that Lombardia Trophy tickets are shamelessly expensive), I think prices will be somewhere GP Finland and Worlds Milan ticket prices.