Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships

12 hours ago, katonice said:

Did they reply on which type of seats it was? It sounded like good seats since it was all-event with practices and the gala, but then I'm not sure on that either. 

Aww man, that's too bad

:( What did the final price end up being? Maybe it became close to the original price anyway, so it might be a good thing. 

It was only $951 for 2 tickets.  

They never answered.  I asked both organizations through email and twitter.  I'm consoling myself by telling myself they were crappy seats anyway.

eta: just got a reply:

"The price level for the tickets will be in the fourth price level (fourth most expensive tickets).

Please note that we are currently working on the price structure and cannot provide the exact value at this point."

Still don't know what this really means when I don't know how many price levels there are

I would rather know what I was buying, than buy a pig in a poke...lol.  Having said that, I have already made hotel reservations for 2020.

Now I just need the tickets!

10 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I would rather know what I was buying, than buy a pig in a poke...lol.  Having said that, I have already made hotel reservations for 2020.

Now I just need the tickets!

Where did you book? I didn’t think hotel reservations were open yet

I booked near the venue, at Le St Martin Hotel.  It had good ratings and was walking distance.

I might need to revisit the logistics to verify my information, cause I was booking at 2am !

Just got an email from Skate Canada with some information about worlds next year:

Re0wUtZ.png

With just one year to go until Montreal, Que., hosts the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020, Skate Canada is proud to unveil the theme and logo for the event. The championships will take place next year from March 16-22, 2020 at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

The theme of the championships is Joie de Vivre given the charm of the host city of Montreal and the hospitality and warmth of Montrealers. The event is more than just a sporting event with the best figure skaters in the world, it’s the opportunity for fans from everywhere to sample a unique cultural experience, as the city offers some of the best cuisine, art, and culture that Canada has to offer.

The logo transmits a youthful energy and movement of skaters, ‘M’ for Montreal and monde are clearly visible.  The fun and charismatic nature of the logo also reflects the joie de vivre of the host city. Together the theme and logo for the event will be the key visual ambassadors for the championships.

TICKET INFORMATION 
Montreal is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, where fans can enjoy a city that truly offers all the finest experiences. Buying a ticket and coming to this exceptional event will offer fans an opportunity to experience the world’s best of everything!

Ticket information for the championships will be available on April 25, 2019 with a target on-sale date for all-event tickets taking place in May 2019. 

I didn’t see the logo clearly when I read the email on my small phone but now seeing the logo on ipad, so cute!