Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

29 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Skate Canada always sells their tickets unnecessarily early, too. I remember they were selling GPF 2018 tickets between PC and Milan WC. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Clearly! I wonder why. 

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

That's true. Some people flying in are on very tight schedules, so moving the gala back a few hours could impact their ability to attend/their choice of flight home. I think I'll be okay, but when I was calculating whether I could go to GPF in Torino I realized that I had to go from the gala right to the airport if I wanted to attend. So they better release the schedule in a timely manner.

I was thinking the same thing about flights.  A number of us left Sunday night after the SC Gala and had an okay comfort window to make our flights, but not even having a time slot slated means that you presume you have to spend an additional night in Montreal, thus limiting one's choice of flights home. Having to be at work the following Monday isn't an issue for an oldie like me, but if you're taking a week off work to go to the practices, competitions and Gala, getting home Sunday night is clearly important.

40 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Clearly! I wonder why. 

They even sold SCI tickets before the media had checked the venue which meant they sold obstructed and partially obstructed seats at full price and failed to inform ticket buyers. Fans showed up to find a crane blocking their view with only “take a refund and leave the venue” as an offer after flying halfway across the world. :facepalm: 

The All Event pass (that I do not have) clearly offers an exhibition Gala , and even states that practices for said gala are not open. This description of what people were buying should be enough to demand a refund (though they also say NO refunds)- "The All-Event Passport is one ticket that enables access to all competitions and the exhibition gala at the Bell Centre. All official practices on Monday and Tuesday as well as daily early practices are included in the All-Event Passport (excluding the gala practice that is closed to the public)."  I think we should get our favorite PH attorney on this right away.

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Ted posted video on Insta of himself and Ari and others scoping out the venue yesterday. :dpooh: Honestly my biggest gripe is the stage. Less ice, probably obstructed view for some seats now (ironically the most expensive ones) and not letting skaters warm up. Yuzu takes hours to warm up before gala and how long will he get now? I want to see the freedom of Yuzu putting his heart and soul on the ice in a full sized rink. :sorrow:

Is that video still available somewhere on the internet? 

42 minutes ago, mrsaybia said:

Is that video still available somewhere on the internet? 

Here it is. And you can also read Ted doing damage control and trying to give reassurances in the comments. 

« Anything new is always a bit scary » said Ted.

Resistance to change indeed.

I can understand that starting at 4pm (?) is not really convenient.

About the rest, stop worrying.

If you had known this before, you would have bought tickets anyway, to see Yuzuru.

Can you not keep at this resistance to change thing, please? Do you know the hell the put us through already? 

I was also planning to leave on Sunday after the gala (awards show?). So I really hope it’s not gonna be finished late in the day....

I'm driving home after the gala on Sunday and don't have the vacation time to take an extra day on Monday. So cool, looks like I'll be driving until the middle of the night depending on what time this thing finishes. Not a problem at all.

Ted said there will still be the same skating but with awards. I hope he's right, I bought the ticket to see figure skating, not speeches.

If it'll be the same skating with awards then it sounds like they're taking even more of the skaters time than if they had just held the traditional gala, sounds like a bunch of crock to me. I do wonder if we can get a partial refund on that gala ticket, I feel that changing time/event type or name should at least warrant that.

Has anyone tried yet with Select Your Seat or contacting Skate Canada?

19 часов назад, NILI N сказал:

No

They can not

They can try but they have no legal way to deny refunds

Sadly the event seller always says that tickets are not refundable (only if event is cancelled) and organizer's site always have a clause that schedule might be changed.

So we can try, but they can still refuse I believe. And most people still hoping to see Yuzu will not ask for refund anyway.

If you had the money to pursue it through the courts I think in the uk you might have grounds for action given that they are substantially changing what they have contracted to provide.  It’s like buying ballet tickets - the theatre boiler breaks down so they can’t perform - refund ; the costumes and vital scenery go missing en route and they perform a different less prop intensive ballet from the repertoire - small print means you put up with it.  Management decides to do odd scenes from ballet interspersed with a few circus acts,  some speeches by illustrious pundits from the dance world, presentation to director, wardrobe mistress, stage gang - there you are arguably getting something quite different from what you contracted for.  

But theres whatever is in the actual small print, Canadian law is probably different , and it would be months after the actual event that any case would be heard.  But it’s bloody annoying even to me and I never had a hope in hell of going.  It offends my sense of fair play. I really hate it when the powers that be move the goal posts.

small consolation- if he can do PW or Fred on a FaOI rink he can probably give you a good show on 2/3 of a Canadian competition rink.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Sadly the event seller always says that tickets are not refundable (only if event is cancelled) and organizer's site always have a clause that schedule might be changed.

So we can try, but they can still refuse I believe. And most people still hoping to see Yuzu will not ask for refund anyway.

Changing one event into another does not fall into the schedule change category.

Ehayt we might have done had we known has no bearing on the issue

On 10/31/2019 at 9:14 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

It's not about change or not change. It's about spending my money on one thing, and finding out that I'm getting another, entirely different, and most likely not as good thing, at a later time than originally expected. I feel defrauded, because most likely I am being defrauded. 

If you went to a restaurant, perused the menu, ordered a steak, and the chef sent you a hot dog, insisting that the hot dog is worth the same price as the steak, how the **** would you react? 

that is EXACTLY how I feel too!