Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

22 hours ago, Danaaaax33 said:

Hey guys! :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I'm new here, found this fandom upon chance!

So, I'm from the U.S, specifically Florida (nothing happens around here ice skating wise:cry:)! 

I heard it still cold in Montreal in March! Also, I may be traveling alone so again any information is helpful! 

I thought Kevin Aymoz of France trains in Florida, along with a bunch of other skaters...

Anyway, yes, it will still be cold in Montreal in March. As in, the river is frozen solid kind of cold. 

Has anyone been to the Bell Center? Does Section 119, Row O offer a good view? I'm still debating (with myself) about whether or not I should go. The Men's Free Skate is probably the only event I can go to, but it is still so costly and I have to skip some school days :( If the view is not good, and then there is the judging system gradually destroying my excitement for the sport, well... :( 

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

Has anyone been to the Bell Center? Does Section 119, Row O offer a good view? I'm still debating (with myself) about whether or not I should go. The Men's Free Skate is probably the only event I can go to, but it is still so costly and I have to skip some school days :( If the view is not good, and then there is the judging system gradually destroying my excitement for the sport, well... :( 

Here's a pic of the view from Section 119, Row P:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/36811/Centre+Bell/section-119/row-p/seat-5/

As I don't have experience with a long waiting line in front of the venue, I'd like to ask experienced Worlds visitors. In Milan last year we were VIP, so no waiting line at all. We're not attending practice in the morning before competition time, so we'd like to be early in the venue for the competitions. How long does it take to enter the Bell Centre and how long  are you standing outside approximately? 

45 минут назад, mrsaybia сказал:

As I don't have experience with a long waiting line in front of the venue, I'd like to ask experienced Worlds visitors. In Milan last year we were VIP, so no waiting line at all. We're not attending practice in the morning before competition time, so we'd like to be early in the venue for the competitions. How long does it take to enter the Bell Centre and how long  are you standing outside approximately? 

I never was at Bell Centre, but also never waited in the long lines cuz usually big stadium has several gates and checks are pretty fast. Of course better to arrive at least 30-50 minutes before comp, not to rush too much. Also depends to what comp you want to arrive, at the beginning there's usually less popular skaters, so not everybody arrives for the first groups. The only time I waited in line was in Saitama for morning men FS practice, cuz it was first event in the morning and arrived before gates opened and in Helsinki before Gala to watch men's small medal ceremony.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, Lunna said:

I never was at Bell Centre, but also never waited in the long lines cuz usually big stadium has several gates and checks are pretty fast. Of course better to arrive at least 30-50 minutes before comp, not to rush too much. Also depends to what comp you want to arrive, at the beginning there's usually less popular skaters, so not everybody arrives for the first groups. The only time I waited in line was in Saitama for morning men FS practice, cuz it was first event in the morning and arrived before gates opened and in Helsinki before Gala to watch men's small medal ceremony.

Thanks. This makes sence! Otherwise it would take too much time to get in. Just like going to a concert in a stadium with different entrances. We will be on time and we'll see. 

More information should come out closer to the event as to when the doors open for the venue. If my memory serves me right it’s typically 30–60 min before the starrt of competition, but I can’t remember for practice. 

For same day practice in the main rink that are scheduled right before a completion session doors may be open as soon as doors open for that practice. Some venues however will clear out the entire practice audience and ask folks to come back in (don’t think we’ll see that as tickets are day passes this time, but this is what happened in 4CC in Anaheim where everyone had to leave the rink between events). Keep an eye out on the FAQ online, I think ticket buyers will get more info once tickets are ready. 

Of course it is true. It's an official statement from Skate Canada and ISU ;)

I think it's good that they are doing something new, and trying to do something more exciting than a regular exhibition.

All medalists will be there, so don't worry about Yuzuru.

5 hours ago, solene said:

Of course it is true. It's an official statement from Skate Canada and ISU ;)

I think it's good that they are doing something new, and trying to do something more exciting than a regular exhibition.

All medalists will be there, so don't worry about Yuzuru.

Ic. I didn’t really read in the statement that the award show will replace gala although everyone on Twitter is saying that. So I guessed they will combine both together? 

3 hours ago, katonice said:

Uh... What the hell? Is this really their plan? 

I’m not sure if I like the idea of an award show yet. Will have to see the nominee list...

but if 1/3 ice covered.... er... Are we still having normal gala performance? 

Which third of the ice will be covered? Which lucky ones among us will suddenly find our seats even further away and maybe even with obstructed views?

The whole organisation of this World is so messy with no thought for the spectators. 

I might just forgive everything if judging is fair there.... i might... 

4 hours ago, yumeaki said:

The whole organisation of this World is so messy with no thought for the spectators. 

I might just forgive everything if judging is fair there.... i might... 

Maybe Montreal judging will be like SC judging eh