Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

7 часов назад, kiches сказал:

Regarding practices in the practice rink - these are usually closed. It was closed for Boston and Helsinki Worlds, Saitama is the only one I know that sold tickets for practices in the practice rink which I believe was in a different location (someone correct me). 

These PR are usually in places that only have limited bleacher seating or no seating at all, hence limited to press and coaching teams I believe. 

Yes, only during Worlds in Japan practice rinks were open. In Saitama I think it was same building - just entrance next door.

In Helsinki it might be the same arena the rink was with low ceiling as far as I remember (for pairs especially) and it didn't have seats for audience.

4 часа назад, yumeaki сказал:

Question. If there is no side rink, that means all viewable practices are on the main rink. So I can expect men to practise only on Thursday (SP) and Saturday (FS) morning? It's unlikely they will practice on Friday (ID and Ladies FS day) right? 

I expect men practice only before SP on the main rink cuz that event will be first that day and FS will be in the evening, so my guess is it will be on practice rink.

https://montreal2020.com/event-info/event-schedule/

13 hours ago, Lunna said:

Yes, only during Worlds in Japan practice rinks were open. In Saitama I think it was same building - just entrance next door.

In Helsinki it might be the same arena the rink was with low ceiling as far as I remember (for pairs especially) and it didn't have seats for audience.

I expect men practice only before SP on the main rink cuz that event will be first that day and FS will be in the evening, so my guess is it will be on practice rink.

https://montreal2020.com/event-info/event-schedule/

But men also had FP practice in the main rink on the FP day even though they were last as well, so they'll probably also have practice in the main rink next year?

And ice dance also started earlier than they start next year http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/WC2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

7 часов назад, kelly сказал:

But men also had FP practice in the main rink on the FP day even though they were last as well, so they'll probably also have practice in the main rink next year?

And ice dance also started earlier than they start next year http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/WC2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Will depend on the organizers. In Saitama both events were in the evening, only FS practice was on the main rink, in Helsinki 2017 only SP practice was on the main rink and both events were in the morning. Usually it's only one practice on the main rink the day before competition for each event so everybody gets equal time on the main rink, my guess was SP this time cuz competition is in the morning.

Ahh yes I remember photos of the low rink ceiling for the practice rink in Helsinki, that was supposed to be below the main rink. I think that was the reason why we didn’t get a men’s FS practice in the main rink, since they had to prioritize having pairs practice in the main rink due to the low ceiling in the sub rink. 

Hopefully a tentative daily schedule is out soon so we can get an idea of which practices will be when. 

3 hours ago, kiches said:

Ahh yes I remember photos of the low rink ceiling for the practice rink in Helsinki, that was supposed to be below the main rink. I think that was the reason why we didn’t get a men’s FS practice in the main rink, since they had to prioritize having pairs practice in the main rink due to the low ceiling in the sub rink. 

Hopefully a tentative daily schedule is out soon so we can get an idea of which practices will be when. 

On the official site they say it'll only be out in the new year :13877886:

Hey everyone, I am thinking about getting a pair of binoculars, since my seat is quite far away (row T on the long side).  Any recommendations?  I want a pair that is compact and not too heavy, but still works well for figure skating comp.  thanks a lot!

On 10/1/2019 at 8:33 AM, holina said:

Hey everyone, I am thinking about getting a pair of binoculars, since my seat is quite far away (row T on the long side).  Any recommendations?  I want a pair that is compact and not too heavy, but still works well for figure skating comp.  thanks a lot!

I got an Occer binocular from Amazon. It's has good zoom, fit my hand and not too heavy. 

Does anyone has experience with a mini medal ceremony after the SP? We've been to Milan and I saw that there was a mini ceremony in day time. Is this also the case in Montreal? 

3 часа назад, mrsaybia сказал:

Does anyone has experience with a mini medal ceremony after the SP? We've been to Milan and I saw that there was a mini ceremony in day time. Is this also the case in Montreal? 

I don't remember about SP,  there was one for FS before the Gala in Helsinki and Saitama. The place and time usually is announced before a day or two.

15 hours ago, Lunna said:

I don't remember about SP,  there was one for FS before the Gala in Helsinki and Saitama. The place and time usually is announced before a day or two.

Thanks! I saw some videos from Milan, where there was a ceremony outside the Mediolanum Forum after the SP. That was after the Worlds. But at that time we didn't have the notion that there was such a thing and we didn't have the time after all to attend it. We were so extremely far away from the ice rink, about one and a half hour with bus and metro. Terrible! That never again. So that's why I hope things will be announced on time in Montreal. Would be a nice experience! 

14 минут назад, mrsaybia сказал:

Thanks! I saw some videos from Milan, where there was a ceremony outside the Mediolanum Forum after the SP.

Maybe, I just don't remember is small medal ceremony for both SP and FS or only for FS. Keep an eye on fan forums, cuz not sure there will be some official announcement at the arena. In Helsinki it was in the corridor in the arena (and there was a big line to enter and fast rush after it), in Saitama I didn't go cuz was too hard to get there and too early.

4 hours ago, mrsaybia said:

Thanks! I saw some videos from Milan, where there was a ceremony outside the Mediolanum Forum after the SP. That was after the Worlds. But at that time we didn't have the notion that there was such a thing and we didn't have the time after all to attend it. We were so extremely far away from the ice rink, about one and a half hour with bus and metro. Terrible! That never again. So that's why I hope things will be announced on time in Montreal. Would be a nice experience! 

Yes there were small medals ceremony in Milan. Only for the FS though (for all disciplines). The small medals ceremony for the SP was not open to the public. 

In Saitama there were also small medal ceremonies for the FS. So maybe this is typical? -- the more experienced fans who attend competitions might be able to confirm better though. 

Hey guys! :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I'm new here, found this fandom upon chance!

So, I'm from the U.S, specifically Florida (nothing happens around here ice skating wise:cry:)! 

Anyway, I was lucky to score some tickets for World's 2020 in Montreal! I won't be able to go the whole week as my school break doesn't coincide with the competition...so I'll just be attending the Ladies and Mens Free Skate during the weekend! I'm excited!

Do you have any tips? I know the trip is a bit far from now but I'm starting to get things ready. I really wanted to attend Skate Canada but found out last minute and couldn't find anything such as where to stay or even event tickets...so I'm learning from that experience.

I heard it still cold in Montreal in March! Also, I may be traveling alone so again any information is helpful! 

13 hours ago, katonice said:

Yes there were small medals ceremony in Milan. Only for the FS though (for all disciplines). The small medals ceremony for the SP was not open to the public. 

In Saitama there were also small medal ceremonies for the FS. So maybe this is typical? -- the more experienced fans who attend competitions might be able to confirm better though. 

They do small medals for both SP and FS I believe, except the SP is given after the press con and not viewable by the public. FS small medal is usually open to all depending on if it’s inside the venue or not (believe Japan has done theirs outdoors the last couple times it’s hosted worlds). 

2 hours ago, Danaaaax33 said:

Hey guys! :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I'm new here, found this fandom upon chance!

So, I'm from the U.S, specifically Florida (nothing happens around here ice skating wise:cry:)! 

Anyway, I was lucky to score some tickets for World's 2020 in Montreal! I won't be able to go the whole week as my school break doesn't coincide with the competition...so I'll just be attending the Ladies and Mens Free Skate during the weekend! I'm excited!

Do you have any tips? I know the trip is a bit far from now but I'm starting to get things ready. I really wanted to attend Skate Canada but found out last minute and couldn't find anything such as where to stay or even event tickets...so I'm learning from that experience.

I heard it still cold in Montreal in March! Also, I may be traveling alone so again any information is helpful! 

*waves*  There will be a group chat of attendees eventually put together here, so keep an eye on this thread for that announcement.  However those group chats iirc are formed a month or two beforehand.  I know that sometimes people will post here or in the group chat if they are looking for a roommate, but ofc you may want to find something before then.  I know some ppl use AirBnBs; others prefer hotels etc.  If downtown is too pricey for you, I'd look at the Mètro maps and look for hotels around the subway stops starting with the closest stops.  Closest hotels are likely booked up long ago anyway.  City guides like Lonely Planet's can talk about the different neighborhood's personalities, which again may help you decide on a location.  For SCI my spouse and I stayed at a teaching hotel about a minute from a subway stop about a half hour from the rink in Laval and maybe 15 min from downtown.  Moderately expensive but a good bargain for food, neighborhood and convenience.   We found it by using the usual suspects like Expedia and Trivago.  This time I will be going solo, but haven't solidified accommodations yet. 

Montreal has a great multicultural dining scene, so you may also want to see if the place you stay is near multiple places to eat and drink for outside meals.  Note that rink security may search your bags and make you throw away food and drinks, so check the SC FAQ and don't bring in all your food/drink at once or expensive items, as they may end up in a dumpster.  And  "on the ground" policy may change each day of an event/depending on specific security staff.  Often a group dinner is planned at some point, usually early on or on a day when the event ends earlier.  Or I suppose people could hold a brunch on Sunday before the Gala, as the practice is closed to fans.  Whatever happens, such events ares usually arranged on the group chat. 

I can look through my notes and look for pages I used when I went to SCI last year, if you like.  At some point I need to regardless!