Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

7 minutes ago, kelly said:

I'm debating whether to go to Thursday's events to see pairs as well or Saturday's because free :dpooh: Or is it even worth it as I can only afford level 6-7 :sadPooh:

:consoling2:

12 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Regarding small consolations: I did the math, and my P3 level all-event ticket is $375 less than buying all P3 level single day tickets for the week. So there's that. 

Single day tix are better seats tho. 

I also did the math, so there's at least some logic behind prices though doesn't work for those who can easily do without other two days.

And you also can't see how many seats were on sale in each sector - nice system. Even Japanese lotteries seems more fair in this situation.

44 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That is my hope too! I'm in 4Lz corner though. Should probably bring some sacramentals and my rosary beads so Lutzifer behaves LOL. 

May I ask which corner is the 4lz corner? Still not familiar with these kind of stuff

18 minutes ago, Starry_night said:

May I ask which corner is the 4lz corner? Still not familiar with these kind of stuff

Should be section 116, at least based on the layout at ACI. I.e the opposite end of the rink from the kiss and cry.

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

I've never written a single letter of complaint in my life but I think I'll do it this time. I'm seriously pissed at how misleading they are being. As one of the people who got tricked into buying an overly priced bad seat early on, seeing Skate Canada release better seats multiple times after is nauseating.

I'll complain on Twitter too, though I have no illusion about it.

Oh, I'll write in French, alright. At this point I'm even willing to help anyone who wants to send a translated copy of their complaint. :snkuyashii:

Can you add my name to your letter? If so, I'll PM you my full name and address.

16 minutes ago, Maya said:

Can you add my name to your letter? If so, I'll PM you my full name and address.

mine too

36 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I woke up feeling so sick. 

:tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw:

Would anyone be interested in sec 115 row B practice day 2 tickets in the event that I manage to get sec 111 ones (are there even any left?)?

If anyone has saved emails from Skate Canada / Montreal2020 stating that practise was only available with all event and that only leftover tickets would be available, ditto if you’ve bookmarked any tweets from Skate Canada saying the same thing, perhaps we should pool them all together to make a list of evidence? I really want to put my hand up to organise it but this sort of stress takes too much of a physical toll for me to guarantee I’d be able to follow through. :68811363:

Should I start a new topic so we can discuss what actions we should take in more detail? There are fans on Twitter who have been scammed as well and it would be good to have somewhere to direct them to get information. 

24 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If anyone has saved emails from Skate Canada / Montreal2020 stating that practise was only available with all event and that only leftover tickets would be available, ditto if you’ve bookmarked any tweets from Skate Canada saying the same thing, perhaps we should pool them all together to make a list of evidence? I really want to put my hand up to organise it but this sort of stress takes too much of a physical toll for me to guarantee I’d be able to follow through. :68811363:

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the ticketing system would spit out the “best available seats” which, though you can quibble about the literal meaning of “available” and whether it's technically a lie, is pretty obviously misleading. This lead to many people being tricked into buying worse seats on the belief that all the better seats were sold. So there's another scummy, misleading thing they did.

13 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the ticketing system would spit out the “best available seats” which, though you can quibble about the literal meaning of “available” and whether it's technically a lie, is pretty obviously misleading. This lead to many people being tricked into buying worse seats on the belief that all the better seats were sold. So there's another scummy, misleading thing they did.

Absolutely. The evenko ticketing system seems to operate in a similar way to sites like viagogo in that it’s designed to give you a false sense of urgency and manipulate you into buying the first suggested seat. Viagogo and others have been investigated for similar behaviour so I think it would be worth looking into reporting evenko as well. (Thanks @rockstaryuzu for keeping record of what tickets are suggested by the system.)

8 hours ago, holina said:

I can’t justify spending more money than my crappy all-event pass, so I will also refrain from buying singles now, and will be on the watch out for cheaper resales later.....

But, is row T section 102 really that bad?  I mean, Saitama is probably bigger and one would feel very lucky to even win a lottery for Saitama tickets, any seat? (Can you tell I am trying to console myself?!)

Plus, I can probably feel the distance of the jump more when I am high up there and Yuzu jumps the 4A? *cough*

My all event is row M which is bad compared to what I can get 1 hr after the initial pre-sale. I just have to stick with it as I think the probability of selling it is too low. Also I don’t really dislike my seat after my Saitama experience. I just dislike the price. 

I was at 2nd floor 1st row at Saitama Worlds and frankly, I am happy with it. It was a different view from top down and I get a good view of the layout. Of course winning the seat by lottery means I don’t feel cheated so the experience was good. 

I just have to console myself that different seat will give a different view. If I can’t see his expression clearly, I will just look at the whole layout. Live watching atmosphere will still be good. 

In any case, even if I can afford another ticket, I don’t want to. Not gonna give more money to Skate Canada and ISU (though I did succumb to buying an additional tues practise ticket at row DD...)

10 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Great! Now we just need one more person and we can have a 103 summoning circle to curse all the scummy jerks. :hachimaki:

I am in 103 P2 (bought all event during presale, thanks to Skate Canada for bringing out the worst in me),  ready to curse all the scummy jerks with you.