Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

1 hour ago, Alex_Trusova said:

My tickets for Saitama cost £700 per person. When I spoke to skate Canada in Saitama they said the tickets for Montreal would definitely cost less than Japan. Wow they were wrong! They are double the price! 

Yes, it's Japan that has the reputation for being expensive. 

Also at current exchange rates, 1 British pound = $1.74 CDN, so your tickets would have been $1218 each. 

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have to ask: how do these ticket prices stack up next to the ones for Saitama?  Remember these are all event, all practice passes. 

All events without practice sessions for premium was around $1500 - half of the golden rink ones in Montreal!

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, it's Japan that has the reputation for being expensive. 

Actually I didn’t think Saitama was expensive and the lottery was fair

6 minutes ago, Alex_Trusova said:

Actually I didn’t think Saitama was expensive and the lottery was fair

Fair for Japanese fans, not for international...

I participated in all lotteries and general sales and got nothing... had to buy second hand for 3x the amount...

8 minutes ago, Cleaf said:

I participated in all lotteries and general sales and got nothing... had to buy second hand for 3x the amount...

I guess I am biased then. I was international applied through the lottery for the first time & got the tickets I requested

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

I have to ask: how do these ticket prices stack up next to the ones for Saitama?  Remember these are all event, all practice passes. 

Saitama was about 303 Canadian dollars for a day for premium, it was 5 days, so about 1500 + 2 days practice that was not very expensive

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Come to ACI. The all-event ticket last year was $65, and it's in Toronto (or next to it anyway), so it's probably the cheapest and most direct flights from Europe. 

Too expensive and too much trouble (in terms of flights, visa) for a small event (don't Yuzu want to come to Finland Trophy again?))) As far as it goes most skaters want to be at best shape at Worlds so it's more interesting as a whole competition.

41 minutes ago, Cleaf said:

See now, that's something that definitely won't happen in Montreal. No ticket lotteries here. 

25 minutes ago, Lunna said:

As far as it goes most skaters want to be at best shape at Worlds so it's more interesting as a whole competition.

True.

1 hour ago, cronkite said:

I wonder Montreal somehow decided this would be yuzu's "last" WC (god forbid!), then fanyus, regardless of countries, will pay no matter what? :O

No. The venue that is hosting Worlds2020 is the home rink for an NHL franchise and the competition is happening right before playoff season begins. The hockey tickets are also very expensive. So the venue is trying  to make the same amount of money as they might from hockey, is my guess.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Skate Canada's announcement regarding 2020 World Championships. Yuzuru is prominently displayed (but no Nathan).

https://montreal2020.com/tickets/

Holy shit! The tickets are so bloody expensive! :crazyshit:

Excuse my language.

As far as I remember, the tickets were much more affordable in Milan and Saitama, right?

Now I know why the organizers have Yuzu prominently displayed on their website for worlds 2020. They think that fanyus are willing to pay any price to see Yuzu live. Especially since nobody knows for how long Yuzu will still be competing. :yznotimpressed:

3 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

RIP my plan to go to Worlds 2020 :13877886: the prices are outrageous. GPF better be more affordable. 

I paid $1200 (Canadian) for four tickets in the wheelchair accessible seating area for the GPF in Vancouver last year. The GPF was held at the Thunderbird Arena at the University of British Columbia which would have kept the cost down. If it had been held at a premier venue like Rogers Arena where the NHL hockey games are played, the tickets would have been more expensive. Since I live in the Vancouver area, I didn't have to worry about airfare or accommodations. Still, it was kuyashi when Yuzu had to withdraw. Although we had all event tickets, we only attended on two partial days.

I had planned to purchase four all event tickets for the 2020 World Championships, but I am going to have to rethink this. With the cost of the tickets and the airfare and accommodations for the four of us and the van rental, it will be very expensive. I hate to say this, but Yuzu has been injuring himself through practice the last couple of years. With him trying to up his technical arsenal and likely practicing the 4A, the risk of re-injury is quite high. Imagine the hyper level of kuyashi if, God forbid, Yuzu had to withdraw from the WC and I had to watch Nathan and Vincent high-fiving each other.

Wow the tickets are crazy expensive.  I didn’t think they would be more expensive than Rogers Cup all-event! (a Masters 1000 tennis tournament held in Montreal/Toronto which is also one week long, in August).  Considering the fact that one can watch Federer, Nadal and each tennis match is about 2 hours long, compared to Yuzu’s skate which is like 4 minutes....

I am in Toronto so it’s relatively inexpensive to travel to Montreal but I didn’t expect to need to shell out $5000 for Worlds (tickets plus accommodation plus flights plus miscellaneous spending)...now I am torn...

And the tickets go on sale before the GP assignments are announced, so if I wait to see if Yuzu will be in Skate Canada this year then I may run the risk of Worlds tickets selling out!

I was all decided to go to Montreal but these prices handicapped me. If I am going there might as well get the best seats, but I need to fly and get a hotel too.

The total cost this trip would cost me is like going on a Europe tour twice all in package good for 14days each.

Why Montreal have you done this? Given that Yuzu competes, will he be treated fairly?

I don't know of if my heart can take it that I threw away half a year's worth money only to get disappointed.

Looks like even if its going to be a blood bath if he goes to NHK and Japanese Nationals I am going for it.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No. The venue that is hosting Worlds2020 is the home rink for an NHL franchise and the competition is happening right before playoff season begins. The hockey tickets are also very expensive. So the venue is trying  to make the same amount of money as they might from hockey, is my guess.

I had no idea NHL tickets are so expensive!

I don't even know what "playoff season" is, but I'll google it:grin:

Thanks a million!.