Jump to content
Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

This is standard procedure, and something to always keep in mind. It really is the reason why tickets become available again later on. People select a bunch of seats, their friends do, too, they discuss, buy the best, and the rest gets released. 

Yes. Totally understand this. That's how ticket system in my country work too. My main issue with them is how they do not allow us to choose section at the start and the ability to choose section is what is stated on Montreal2020 website. I have no idea if it's a system bug or they just want to manage crowd in the first hour. 

 

Oh well, i really don't mind my seat but I can go for a lower price category if I get the section I want... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

This is standard procedure, and something to always keep in mind. It really is the reason why tickets become available again later on. People select a bunch of seats, their friends do, too, they discuss, buy the best, and the rest gets released. 

for me the issue is that not everyone was able to access the seat selection mechanism properly. If I'd been able to get the venue map to interact with my mouse clicks as it should have done, and as it did for many other people, then no problem. As I wasn't the only person here with that issue, I can only conclude that a failure of their seat allocation software unfairly affected the ticket distribution. 

 

Plus, they have a general error in their algorithm if it starts by assigning the higher rows first, as it now appears to have been doing. The earlier buyers should have been assigned the lower rows by any logical computer code. I.e., the first person in their online waiting room in 'line', should have been offered section 101, row A, seat 1, or whatever was the lowest section, row, and seat at their price level. 

 

Near as I can tell, it went the opposite way. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

for me the issue is that not everyone was able to access the seat selection mechanism properly. If I'd been able to get the venue map to interact with my mouse clicks as it should have done, and as it did for many other people, then no problem. As I wasn't the only person here with that issue, I can only conclude that a failure of their seat allocation software unfairly affected the ticket distribution. 

 

Plus, they have a general error in their algorithm if it starts by assigning the higher rows first, as it now appears to have been doing. The earlier buyers should have been assigned the lower rows by any logical computer code. I.e., the first person in their online waiting room in 'line', should have been offered section 101, row A, seat 1, or whatever was the lowest section, row, and seat at their price level. 

 

Near as I can tell, it went the opposite way. 

 

 

Maybe the alogrithm is written from a general / casual FS fan's point of view. Sitting in middle rows mean a better view of the whole layout without having to move one's head from side to side. 

Perhaps there should be two algorithm written. Casual fan probably don't rush for pre-sale. The more enthusiastic fan will camp for pre-sale and will want ice level seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shanshani said:

Do you have a screencap of this? If you do, it will help build the case that evenko mislead customers

 

Here's a screencap of the email I received with my contact info redacted. Only thing is I'm not sure who may have gotten the other information from Evenco.

 

Wa1Aw1G.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

At least your headache had a silver lining. 

True! I escaped the stress of getting tickets, really. But my wallet is weeping :xD:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

Maybe the alogrithm is written from a general / casual FS fan's point of view. Sitting in middle rows mean a better view of the whole layout without having to move one's head from side to side. 

Perhaps there should be two algorithm written. Casual fan probably don't rush for pre-sale. The more enthusiastic fan will camp for pre-sale and will want ice level seats. 

But then I got a middle seat (section 102)  row T while others who got their tickets later than me got a middle seat in a lower row.

 

I guess I am not madly unsatisfied with myseat (probably can get a good view of skaters entrance, and a good overall view of the skating programs).  But my seat could have been a bit better considering the amount of money I paid!

 

Wondering whether it is worth the gamble to buy another ticket if better seats come up....But it’s $1680....surely the more times people rewatch Masquerade and Crystal Memories, the more likely the demand will increase?  (At least this is what’s happening to my desire to gamble for a better ticket) :winky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy moly, reading from you makes me feel sad.

Last night I stood up at 1:45 AM, setup everything and was good to go.

I was nearly buying the tickets that the computer suggested quite a number of times but just the $$$ involved (it's like over $2,000 New Zealand Dollars for P2!! Holy moly...) put me off buying tickets that I don't want.

 

I was debating aroung 104 or 110 - which one would have the direct view on the Kiss & Cry with Saitama directly having the Kiss & Cry entirely facing away from the rink, that was hard to judge which was it will be facing in Montréal. I just took the bet and went with 110 as I will be on the Judges side then and still a good change to look onto the Kiss and Cry area.

 

I'm so glad that I didn't succumb and clicked on that damn button for 1,5 hours, haha!
I even had 2 laptops open to increase my chances.

 

Up until the very end when Solene sent through the message that we could select the sections.

I'm happy with my F row even if it's practically 12th row. There is always better but then again, there can also always be worse.

 

I think P2 is good as I won't be too upset if Yuzu end up not showing up. I will still enjoy all the other skaters and won't be too upset that I didn't spend $3000 NZD on the ticket alon ;)
Saitama really wrecked me....

 

Also: Yuzu only withdrew from Worlds once: 2018 - right? So high chances that he'll be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

FS competitions existed long before he came around and will continue to exist long after. There will be other big names that sell... Although maybe not at the same crazy level as Yuzu. But then, there are not many skaters who win two single OGMs and *still* continue to skate. He’s been around for a long time. That helps generate interest. :-)

Yes indeed !! Thanks Winnie

I will continue to go to competitions after he retires. I had such a great time in GPF in Vancouver and Worlds in Milan even though he was not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, solene said:

Yes indeed !! Thanks Winnie

I will continue to go to competitions after he retires. I had such a great time in GPF in Vancouver and Worlds in Milan even though he was not there.

I'll continue to go to competitions too, but I would settle for less expensive seats a bit higher up and do more tourism :rofl3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, solene said:

Yes indeed !! Thanks Winnie

I will continue to go to competitions after he retires. I had such a great time in GPF in Vancouver and Worlds in Milan even though he was not there.

True. I've been to Milan last year. Even though Yuzu wasn't there, it was a super experience, which I didn't want to miss. We couldn't buy tickets as well yesterday. My husband had to order them, as I had to work. He had many options. Gold and P1 didn't work. Then he was offered P2 tickets, but they were both so high, that he decided NOT to buy them. Tomorrow a second change. We'll see who's right. Will there be better seats available tomorrow or is the rest of the fans buying the leftover tickets. Hard to tell.......

Oh, a great 360 view of the Bell Center: https://gregmoinephotography.com/3d-tours/360-panorama-bell-centre-montreal-canadiens/skinned/   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mrsaybia said:

This confirms my row 'M' will be the last row of the first block of seats. I probably can jump into my seat from the back. No need to go through the row and feeling sorry for stepping on people's feet which is a problem I have with Saitama when I'm seated right smack in the middle of the row. Why everyone at my row came earlier than me??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 часов назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Plus, they have a general error in their algorithm if it starts by assigning the higher rows first, as it now appears to have been doing. The earlier buyers should have been assigned the lower rows by any logical computer code. I.e., the first person in their online waiting room in 'line', should have been offered section 101, row A, seat 1, or whatever was the lowest section, row, and seat at their price level. 

 

 

It's standart issue really. Not for the first time I see that system suggests not the best seats or lower rows at least. That's why I didn't rush with buying tickets in the first hour. I think they wanted less traffic on the site but still unfair. Also you can't see seats on the map, so can't really know how much was released for sale in each section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 часов назад, Winnie_20 сказал:

FS competitions existed long before he came around and will continue to exist long after. There will be other big names that sell... Although maybe not at the same crazy level as Yuzu. But then, there are not many skaters who win two single OGMs and *still* continue to skate. He’s been around for a long time. That helps generate interest. :-)

At some point I agree, but it will be harder for the organizers for sure. Especially in last couple of years prices went up even for simple GPs. I think I'll still go to CoR even without Yuzu cuz I don't need to travel for it, but I'm coursiose about prices (at least short side wasn't that much expensive even last year). Any other event without Yuzu I'd rather watch on TV and use money for actual vacation or going to FaOI))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...