Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

32 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

I wanted to go to worlds once but these tickets are kinda ridiculous :yznotimpressed: wonder how the single events + practice will be handled... 

2021 is in Sweden ;)

Popping by to see am I just poor or everyone agrees that the price is ridiculous....

Will they announce single event price before all event ticket sales? 

I kinda feel they will discount the price before officially releasing the ticket...they cannot bet everything on ppl who would have to travel 10+ hrs for ticket sale:waffle:

Hace 2 horas, Winnie_20 said:

These are Canadian dollars, or American? (2,000 Canadian is about 1,500 US, I guess.)

Canadian dollars.

The prices are just outrageous!!! :judgmental:

7 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Canadian dollars.

The prices are just outrageous!!! :judgmental:

Oomph!! And I hoped Worlds outside of Japan is cheaper. Skate Canada obviously is betting on Yuzu fans... what will they do as soon as he retires?

The prices they list are all for 100L - 200 L, these are the lower seats, right?

Well, that's more expensive then Japan (not counting resale of course) :usrs:

3 часа назад, Melodie сказал:

The price is just ridiculous :( Are there any chances we can get individual event tickets? 

My freind wrote them a letter with a question about singles so there's the answer:

"Thank you for your interest in the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020.
All event tickets will go on sale on May 31, 2019, should the event not sell out there will be single event tickets released closer to the event date."

:13877886:

At least there's Torino...

hace 1 minuto , Cleaf said:

Oomph!! And I hoped Worlds outside of Japan is cheaper. Skate Canada obviously is betting on Yuzu fans... what will they do as soon as he retires?

The prices they list are all for 100L - 200 L, these are the lower seats, right?

You can see the distribution here: https://montreal2020.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WSC-PRICE-MAP-DRAFT-APRIL-28_for-website.pdf 100L-200L looks more like "1level/2level" to me?

They are definitely betting on Yuzu fans...:mad:

hace 4 minutos , Lunna said:

My freind wrote them a letter with a question about singles so there's the answer:

"Thank you for your interest in the ISU World Figure Skating Championships ® 2020.
All event tickets will go on sale on May 31, 2019, should the event not sell out there will be single event tickets released closer to the event date."

:13877886:

At least there's Torino...

Let's wait for their prices....what I already know with certainty, is that getting tickets for Torino is going to be a real bloodbath now that the prices for Montreal are out :13877886:

18 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Vous pouvez voir la distribution ici:  https://montreal2020.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WSC-PRICE-MAP-DRAFT-APRIL-28_for-website.pdf  100L-200L ressemble plus à "1level / 2level " pour moi?

Ils parient certainement sur les fans de Yuzu ...:furieux:

In addition the too expensive and inconceivable price, I see many seats non available, especially the best seats, it's kind of weird...:idk:

Oh. Well. *shrugs*

Please don't take this the wrong way, but... People will pay that kind of money. They just do even if they scream bloody murder about the ticket prices, but in the end, there are always enough crazy fans willing to pay to see their hero.

It's not just Yuzu, it's just the way fandoms work. 

Funnily enough, I was reminded of that just yesterday when browsing a website about a Supernatural convention. I mean, seriously, 1700 US dollars for front row seats, and that's not including photos with the main guests at 200 US dollars per guest.

I mean, that's just a weekend convention. And people think full-week figure skating competitions are expensive. :hihi:

3 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

I mean, that's just a weekend convention. And here people think full-week figure skating competitions are expensive. :hihi:

Personally, i would attend a convention only if it's close-ish to me.

It's not just the tickets, we also have to pay for the transport (most of us would have to fly there), accomodation, other travel expenses... Precisely because it's a week-long, the accomodation price would be higher too.

It's just too much for a lot of us, even if we are working adults.

11 минут назад, Charlène сказал:

In addition the too expensive and inconceivable price, I see many seats non available, especially the best seats, it's kind of weird...:idk:

Not weird. Center behind judges is usually VIP (guests etc.), short side can be press and sportsmen tribune.

Well, there're some not the most expensive options that can be OK if you will be fast enough to grab a closer row. But for me Canada is also expensive and long flight, plus more hard in terms of visa then Europe. It's just that I'd like to go there once and FS event is a great excuse))