Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

@kiches Not sure. Damnit. I hadn’t thought about that. :( 

They will get back to you in 24hrs if you send them an email, though. 

[email protected]

Thanks! I had sent an email to the general [email protected] asking about practice and single session prices, and got a response that single session tickets were on sale in September without addressing the other questions, so I asked again more specifically. Will let you all know if I hear anything.

I'm curious what they will do with the seats in section 107-114. Those seats aren't for sale (yet). I asked the organisation if there will be a VIP section, as there still is space behind and next to the judges. But there will be no VIP package this year. But what will they do with those seats? They can't be all for family, press, etc.? That makes it so difficult to decide which seats to choose. Time will tell when the presale begins..... 

11 минут назад, mrsaybia сказал:

They can't be all for family, press, etc.?

Actually they can... but who knows. There's always a lot of guests seats during CoR, but it was minimum in Saitama - I think only center block behind the judges, one in the corner for coaches/athletes and lower rows at one short side for press.

49 minutes ago, mrsaybia said:

I'm curious what they will do with the seats in section 107-114. Those seats aren't for sale (yet). I asked the organisation if there will be a VIP section, as there still is space behind and next to the judges. But there will be no VIP package this year. But what will they do with those seats? They can't be all for family, press, etc.? That makes it so difficult to decide which seats to choose. Time will tell when the presale begins..... 

For GPF Vancouver and 4CC Anaheim, they left almost all the sections behind and directly beside the judges reserved for VIPs, media, and team seating. I think it will depend on the media and judges table setup. They (Skate Canada, USFSA, the venue ticketing office, etc.) don’t sell tickets for those sections to the general public because the view from those seats are partially blocked from the third row and back, and to allow VIPs, volunteers, and media to sit there throughout the event. Although I must admit, even knowing and seeing their seat blocking policy firsthand at competitions, I’m surprised at how many seats seem to be unavailable for all-event package purchase. 

Some of them must be for single-event purchasers? That would be my guess but who knows. 

9 hours ago, kiches said:

Thanks! I had sent an email to the general [email protected] asking about practice and single session prices, and got a response that single session tickets were on sale in September without addressing the other questions, so I asked again more specifically. Will let you all know if I hear anything.

I don't know why they don't answer all questions. This happened to me too. 

I asked if practices tickets be sold separately on a later date and I'm scratching my head over their answers. 

No, it's either the day of your single ticket or all-event to see the practice

I interpret this to me that single ticket will be by day and not by event (same as Saitama Worlds). So if you get a single day ticket, you can only watch practices assigned on that day? However don't we have men's practices on other non competition days too? Is there a separate practice rink? 

As of yesterday, I was leaning towards waiting for single ticket but my mind changes everyday. 

Does anyone know if all-event ticket means you will sit at same seat for practices too? I asked but they seem to misunderstood my question and just answered that i can choose seat on the seat map when purchasing tickets... 

22 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I asked if practices tickets be sold separately on a later date and I'm scratching my head over their answers. 

I interpret this to me that single ticket will be by day and not by event (same as Saitama Worlds). So if you get a single day ticket, you can only watch practices assigned on that day? However don't we have men's practices on other non competition days too? Is there a separate practice rink? 

As of yesterday, I was leaning towards waiting for single ticket but my mind changes everyday. 

Does anyone know if all-event ticket means you will sit at same seat for practices too? I asked but they seem to misunderstood my question and just answered that i can choose seat on the seat map when purchasing tickets... 

The way I interpret that answer is you can access practice on days you have a ticket, but you only get access to practice before competition days start I’d you have an all event ticket. 

And yes, all event tickets are for the same seat for all sessions. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Some of them must be for single-event purchasers? That would be my guess but who knows. 

At GPF, the sections behind the Kiss and Cry were sold as single-event tickets, so maybe sections 107-109 are reserved for single-event sales, but yeah, who knows.

35 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

There is usually a main rink and a practice rink. We only get to see practices in the main rink, but they do have men's practice in the main rink for non-competition days. 

I've been going back and forth and back and forth. Every time I thought I finally decided, I would change my mind again. :14066882:

For a while, I had decided to wait and see what happens when single-event tickets are released, but I really want to see all the practices, so now I'm leaning toward maybe a P3 ticket. BUT that is risking a lot of $$$$ if (God forbid) Yuzu can't make it. 

So then I think I should just put all my efforts toward ACI and his first GP where he's had a good track record for the past years.

On the other hand, Yuzu + Worlds!!! What if I don't get this opportunity again? What if he wins with 4A? I would be so kuyashii if I had a chance to see it and I didn't take it. :13877886:

56 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:Poohgaveup: 

Thought of the day: I still hate Skate Canada.

Yes, I dump some hate on them too.

Yuzu's track record for worlds is pretty good, though. He's only missed one competition (2018) and one gala (2013). He's missed two GPFs (2017, 2018), one grand prix (NHK 2017), one grand prix gala (CoR 2018) and three nationals (2016-2018). 

I think GPF is maybe riskier than WC because there's no time to recover between qualifying events and GPF if something happens. He'll have to go to nationals this year even if he's injured but even then he'll still have about three months to get to Worlds compared to a couple of weeks between GPs and GPF.

He's also now tied with Nathan for WC titles but still two ahead in GPF titles, so kuyashii-wise he'll want to get to WC most of all.

:sigh: If I could get a credit card I'd just pay the damn ransom. :dpooh: If he wasn't in possession of my soul, I'd probably consider selling it to the devil, too. 

I’ve been in the same turmoil. If I really tighten the bell and watch the Grand Prix Series from my room, then Montreal is doable. But then for that same amount I can go to at most 3 GP competitions. This is so hard T_T

@SparkleSalad why does Yuzu must go to nationals this year?

32 minutes ago, poohyuuny said:

I’ve been in the same turmoil. If I really tighten the bell and watch the Grand Prix Series from my room, then Montreal is doable. But then for that same amount I can go to at most 3 GP competitions. This is so hard T_T

@SparkleSalad why does Yuzu must go to nationals this year?

Someone said because his world standing dropped that he might not meet the special consideration to be put on the World’s team but I’m not totally sure. :think:

11 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

:Poohgaveup: 

Thought of the day: I still hate Skate Canada.

They're making me pretty grouchy too. 

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Someone said because his world standing dropped that he might not meet the special consideration to be put on the World’s team but I’m not totally sure. :think:

Wouldn't it depend on if Japan had other top contenders to send? Realistically, that's Shoma. And Shoma is definitely not higher than Yuzu in World rankings, so it wouldn't make sense. But IMO, if Yuzu's missed three Nationals in a row the JSF are going to want him there this year come hell or high water.