Jump to content
Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I'm still alternating between (1) refusing to pay clearly overpriced tickets and make the organizers right, (2) thinking that technically I can afford it if I really want to (with a few concessions in my everyday life) and I'll regret it if it turns out to be one of the last chances to see Yuzu, and (3) also thinking that if Yuzu does not show up for whatever reason it's a pretty big "pointless" spending :13877886:Can I have, I don't know, another 3 months to let my head, my heart and my wallet fight each other? Why does it have to be so soon... 

That's me alright. :doh:

 

 

41 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

Bad news, everyone. I sent an e-mail about this and got this response:

 

All event tickets will be an all event pass (not individual tickets by event). So yes, you can share the pass but you will need to trade it back and forth.

 

Same as in Saitama. :/

 

Welp, that's killed it for me...

And in Saitama, I have to waste some money and skip some morning events because whole day attendance is just too long and tiring for me. 

For Montreal, IF i am going, I'm pretty sure I cannot attend every events and the money wasted will be MORE. 

Why can't they sell event tickets individually? 

 

 

And yesterday, my kitchen's ceiling fell apart. That will be another $$ for renovation. My dad's broke his phone yesterday. $$ again. So many money suckers around me this month. Seeing that my money is on outward flow trend this month, I might as well go big and end May with a bang right? :LOL:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts!  I am not able to decide what I am gonna do and so that was why I wanted to hear what everyone else is thinking!

 

Even though I do have the money on hand, I think the most I can justify myself to buy is P2 or P3....and have to take the risk of Yuzu not going.  Although I am pretty sure he will definitely go if he is healthy since he must be so eager to get back his Worlds title.  I have faith that he must become super careful to avoid injury from now on (for example, perhaps if he feels like not able to land the jump or under-rotating while taking off or in the air, can he just decide to pop the jump or fall on his side, rather than landing on his ankle?  I don’t skate myself so I don’t know if this is possible to do).

 

Maybe I can keep an eye on cheap flights and accommodation and cut costs this way....and eat instant noodles everyday on the trip....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

That's me alright. :doh:

 

 

And in Saitama, I have to waste some money and skip some morning events because whole day attendance is just too long and tiring for me. 

For Montreal, IF i am going, I'm pretty sure I cannot attend every events and the money wasted will be MORE. 

Why can't they sell event tickets individually? 

 

 

And yesterday, my kitchen's ceiling fell apart. That will be another $$ for renovation. My dad's broke his phone yesterday. $$ again. So many money suckers around me this month. Seeing that my money is on outward flow trend this month, I might as well go big and end May with a bang right? :LOL:

 

Why does everything always have to go wrong all at once? :Poohgaveup:

 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I suspect they'll be releasing more tickets later. So far everything they're selling is 100 and  possibly 200 level, which means close to the ice. But that's a huge arena and there's plenty more room in there. They haven't even touched the 300 level yet. So my guess is that eventually there will be cheaper seats on offer on the higher levels. 

 

I'm not sure 300 level is worth such a long and already expensive before tickets trip. :/ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maya said:

 

You might as well gamble in Vegas. Paying this kind of price without knowing whether you-know-who will compete is not unlike gambling, especially for people who have to get a visa, fly across the globe, get time off work, etc. On the other hand, every time seeing him in person feels like winning a lottery. I still remember how it felt seeing Haru Yo Koi in Helsinki.

Heck, I'm still getting goosebumps over seeing his ACI practices last year. And mad at myself for not staying for the men's FP. This year I'm determined to make the most of every opportunity to see him.

 

But gambling over Yuzu appearances is the only kind I find worth while. At least if he doesn't make it, there's all the other amazing skaters to watch. Whereas actual gambling just means losing money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I suspect they'll be releasing more tickets later. So far everything they're selling is 100 and  possibly 200 level, which means close to the ice. But that's a huge arena and there's plenty more room in there. They haven't even touched the 300 level yet. So my guess is that eventually there will be cheaper seats on offer on the higher levels. 

 

300 level tickets start at the 34th row if I counted right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

And yesterday, my kitchen's ceiling fell apart. That will be another $$ for renovation. My dad's broke his phone yesterday. $$ again. So many money suckers around me this month. Seeing that my money is on outward flow trend this month, I might as well go big and end May with a bang right? 

This is me! All of a sudden a bunch of stupid expenses sprang up at me these last two weeks. Once I buy my World's ticket, it's belt-tightening time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Heck, I'm still getting goosebumps over seeing his ACI practices last year. And mad at myself for not staying for the men's FP. This year I'm determined to make the most of every opportunity to see him.

 

But gambling over Yuzu appearances is the only kind I find worth while. At least if he doesn't make it, there's all the other amazing skaters to watch. Whereas actual gambling just means losing money. 

 

ACI last year was my first time seeing him in person. Can't wait to do it again, hopefully seeing some familiar faces from Planet Hanyu.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not sure 300 level is worth such a long and already expensive before tickets trip. :/ 

 

That's between you and your wallet, but imagine being able to say you were there when Yuzu won World's with a perfect 4A. 300 level seats are high up but they're not terrible; you'd still be able to see everything. 

 

Also, Montreal is a good city to spend a week in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how 300 level seats in Bell Center are compared to Cat B at Saitama. Cat B was at second level in Saitama but I thought the view was good. Subject viewed through naked eyes will appear bigger than through camera lenses so all those photos about view on higher up seat will be slightly different.  And it's a good view to see the full layout from top. So something different I guess.

Then again to fly across the globe for a far up seat, is it worthwhile? We are already spending tons on airflight. Why not top up a 'little more'? 

 

Honestly,  if I can go for other GP events or ACI, I will probably skip Montreal given the cost. Since I cannot go.... my brain is frying up from overthinking. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's between you and your wallet, but imagine being able to say you were there when Yuzu won World's with a perfect 4A. 300 level seats are high up but they're not terrible; you'd still be able to see everything. 

 

Also, Montreal is a good city to spend a week in. 

 

Do you work for Skate Canada? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

Do you work for Skate Canada? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

 

 

No. I just like encouraging people to do fun things. I'm that friend that tells you the $300 shoes you're dying to have look AMAZING on you and of course you can wear them to every event you get invited to for the next three years; even if they are a little high for you, you'll learn to walk in them no problem, so they're totally worth it. :hihi:  in other words, don't shop with me unless you need an enabler. 

 

That, and I am really so disappointed that these ticket prices are so high I can't help but rack my brains to come up with ways that folks could still get tickets. It'll suck to go to Worlds without plenty of satellites in the crowd.

 

...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

I'm not sure how 300 level seats in Bell Center are compared to Cat B at Saitama. Cat B was at second level in Saitama but I thought the view was good. Subject viewed through naked eyes will appear bigger than through camera lenses so all those photos about view on higher up seat will be slightly different.  And it's a good view to see the full layout from top. So something different I guess.

Then again to fly across the globe for a far up seat, is it worthwhile? We are already spending tons on airflight. Why not top up a 'little more'? 

 

Honestly,  if I can go for other GP events or ACI, I will probably skip Montreal given the cost. Since I cannot go.... my brain is frying up from overthinking. 

 

I should actually check the Bell Centre website again. I'm going on the assumption that 300 level are the highest up; most NHL arenas have three tiers of seats. So 100 level is ice-level, closest to the ground, and 300s would be the nosebleeds aka the gods. 

 

In any case, the seats coming on sale on May 31 look like they're all in the closest level to the ice. 

 

I hate having to make guesses and assumptions though. It would be nice to know for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

All event tickets will be an all event pass (not individual tickets by event). So yes, you can share the pass but you will need to trade it back and forth.

 

Oh, that's bad... I was really hoping that I can sell part of the tickets from all-event cuz usually they are separate tickets. And it's even not that I don't like to watch other disciplines, in Saitama I even enjoyed ice dance FS which is my less favorite one, it's only about how much I want to pay for it all. For Helsinki and Milano I just waited for single event tickets, but here I'm not sure how much will be left for singles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 часов назад, holina сказал:

for example, perhaps if he feels like not able to land the jump or under-rotating while taking off or in the air, can he just decide to pop the jump or fall on his side, rather than landing on his ankle?  I don’t skate myself so I don’t know if this is possible to do

I think most of the times last couple of years Yuzu pops the jump if he feels that the entry was bad, at least in practices and sometimes in comps too (I still remember the_planned_fall_4S). He tried to rotate not very good 4Lo at CoR run-through this season and we saw what happened... must be extra careful now, though it still might not help, but I don't want to think about bad things beforehand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard if they'll make practice tickets available separately? I was originally going to get an all event ticket but after seeing the prices, I'd prefer to spend money on single session tickets with better seats for men and ladies singles and taking whatever cheapest seat I can get for pairs and dance. The only thing is I really want to see practices and don't mind buying those separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...