Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

On 5/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, holina said:

So May 31 is coming up soon....just wondering what are people’s thoughts about buying (or not buying) tickets after having some time to think this over?

Will there be new tickets released (for example, single sessions) later?  And will they also be expensive?

I am still not quite sure what to do....the tickets are expensive but I don’t want to risk not being able to see Yuzu in my country.  Perhaps go for the mid-priced tickets?

I booked flights already, so am planning on going. Still debating, though, about whether to just buy tickets for men's practice, SP, & FS plus gala. I don't want to sit for all disciplines anyways. Is it possible to buy an all events ticket and sell the parts I don't want? In other words, are tickets partially transferrable?

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When you get right down to it, the only competition he's consistently attended in the past few years has been ACI. 

One ACI ticket last year cost about one tenth of the cheapest seat for Worlds next year. And, Toronto is a direct flight from where I live, so I will go again this year, praying he will go. Another nice thing about ACI at this venue is I could see well enough standing on the back. This allows me to move around, thereby see from different angles. It's much better than sitting on one spot for hours on end.

8 hours ago, Charlène said:

Hello:8122685:,

Do you think Yuzu will be assigned to skate Canada at Kelowna ?

Last year he wasn't seeded so he couldn't pick his assignments. This year since he's in the Top 3 of Worlds, he'll probably be able to choose and maybe he will pick Canada. All speculation of course but I think this year there's a higher probability. 

2 hours ago, Maya said:

I booked flights already, so am planning on going. Still debating, though, about whether to just buy tickets for men's practice, SP, & FS plus gala. I don't want to sit for all disciplines anyways. Is it possible to buy an all events ticket and sell the parts I don't want? In other words, are tickets partially transferrable?

Bad news, everyone. I sent an e-mail about this and got this response:

All event tickets will be an all event pass (not individual tickets by event). So yes, you can share the pass but you will need to trade it back and forth.

Same as in Saitama. :/

Welp, that's killed it for me...

2 hours ago, Maya said:

I think it depends how they decide to do it. My all-event pass for Skate Canada last year actually printed out as a series of tickets, one for each session, so that would be pretty shareable. If they go with something like a badge pass, though, it wouldn't be as easy.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw @SparkleSalad's post now. 

:( I feel like Montreal organisers are being decidedly Grinchy about all this...:snkuyashii:

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw @SparkleSalad's post now. 

:( I feel like Montreal organisers are being decidedly Grinchy about all this...:snkuyashii:

That they haven't made this clear is a real worry. I'm sure many desperate fans like me have been contemplating buying an all event and selling half of it. Those prices are no joke and I'm worried a lot of people will find themselves in shock after the sale. :/ I hope the word gets out before May 31st.

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Bad news, everyone. I sent an e-mail about this and got this response:

All event tickets will be an all event pass (not individual tickets by event). So yes, you can share the pass but you will need to trade it back and forth.

Same as in Saitama. :/

Welp, that's killed it for me...

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think it depends how they decide to do it. My all-event pass for Skate Canada last year actually printed out as a series of tickets, one for each session, so that would be pretty shareable. If they go with something like a badge pass, though, it wouldn't be as easy.

"Bite the bullet" comes to mind ... Skate Canada seems determined to test us.

To bite or not to bite? Which bullet? Gold? P1? P2? P3? P4? 

I'm still alternating between (1) refusing to pay clearly overpriced tickets and make the organizers right, (2) thinking that technically I can afford it if I really want to (with a few concessions in my everyday life) and I'll regret it if it turns out to be one of the last chances to see Yuzu, and (3) also thinking that if Yuzu does not show up for whatever reason it's a pretty big "pointless" spending :13877886:Can I have, I don't know, another 3 months to let my head, my heart and my wallet fight each other? Why does it have to be so soon... 

5 minutes ago, Maya said:

"Bite the bullet" comes to mind ... Skate Canada seems determined to test us.

To bite or not to bite? Which bullet? Gold? P1? P2? P3? P4? 

All I can say is that if my life were going according to my plans right now, instead of according to someone else's, I'd have the freedom to consider the P1 ticket price. But it's not and there you go. :yznotimpressed:

I added USD prices to the 4/28/19 version of seating map: It's literally a pain seeing such prices.

jw1bGJv.jpg

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

That they haven't made this clear is a real worry. I'm sure many desperate fans like me have been contemplating buying an all event and selling half of it. Those prices are no joke and I'm worried a lot of people will find themselves in shock after the sale. :/ I hope the word gets out before May 31st.

Yes, I hope so too. 

For me, the primary motivation to buy an all-event pass is for the guaranteed ticket to the men's events. If Yuzu ends up going, they'll be the hottest ticket in town and I don't want to stress over whether or not I'd be able to get one later. 

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes, I hope so too. 

For me, the primary motivation to buy an all-event pass is for the guaranteed ticket to the men's events. If Yuzu ends up going, they'll be the hottest ticket in town and I don't want to stress over whether or not I'd be able to get one later. 

If only they'd given us time to save. To have such massive prices + no resale + such an early sale is really cruel.

9 minutes ago, Maya said:

I added USD prices to the 4/28/19 version of seating map: https://imgur.com/jw1bGJv. It's literally a pain seeing such prices.

For the Gold Circle price, I could literally fly to Vegas, attend Skate America, stay in a great hotel, shop up a storm and still have money left over for a night time helicopter flight up the Strip, but who's counting? :3:

It's pointless to think about, given that SA is the one GP we know for sure Yuzu won't be at. But it makes me so salty. :salty:

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

For the Gold Circle price, I could literally fly to Vegas, attend Skate America, stay in a great hotel, shop up a storm and still have money left over for a night time helicopter flight up the Strip, but who's counting? :3:

You might as well gamble in Vegas. Paying this kind of price without knowing whether you-know-who will compete is not unlike gambling, especially for people who have to get a visa, fly across the globe, get time off work, etc. On the other hand, every time seeing him in person feels like winning a lottery. I still remember how it felt seeing Haru Yo Koi in Helsinki.

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If only they'd given us time to save. To have such massive prices + no resale + such an early sale is really cruel.

I suspect they'll be releasing more tickets later. So far everything they're selling is 100 and  possibly 200 level, which means close to the ice. But that's a huge arena and there's plenty more room in there. They haven't even touched the 300 level yet. So my guess is that eventually there will be cheaper seats on offer on the higher levels.